More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by comfygamer comfygamer

What story do you want to explore?

The dungeon mob's new life (main timeline, present, Comfygamer 1st) (inactive)

Despite being filled with monsters, the dungeon seemed to lack any real life to it. The creatures within appeared to do nothing more than stand vigilant and breath. Born of the dungeon and to die defending it seemed to be the only reason for their existence. While monsters out in the wild actually ate, slept, drank, and fled for their lives at times. These dungeon dwelling monsters had peaked a mage's curiosity.

The curious man posted a request for a live dungeon goblin some time ago. If someone did not show up by the end of the month, he planned on reposting the request with a higher reward. Although the mage would not need to wait any longer. While sitting at home reading a book he heard a loud knock come from the front door. At first he was annoyed by the banging and yelled, "Hey, I'm not deaf yet! Settle down." Although he was getting old with gray becoming a ever more predominant color in his hair, the mage was still more than healthy. The man set down his book and got up to answer the door. He thought he was going to simply be delivered some herbs and reagents from one of his regular requests that he posted.

To his surprise when he opened the door it was a group of adventures with a muscle bound warrior in front carrying a bag that had an goblin head sticking out. The mage stared wide eyed at the goblin. He then looked up to the adventurers and motioned for them to come in. "Come in and let me get your payment. I have a cage you can set the goblin in." The mage went and grabbed a pouch of gold he had set aside for this. After the trade, the monster was locked up in the cage and the adventures had left. Looking at the caged creature the mage said to himself, "I hope this was worth it and I can get some answers out of you."

After some time the goblin slowly blinked its eyes awake. It stood up to a height of 4'10". A sense of confusion and something missing overtook the monster. It looked around frantically seeing all kinds of new things and a man smiling. The smiling man spoke up, "You're finally awake." The goblin grimaced and put a hand up to its head feeling a headache as the man talked. The man knelt down to be at eye level. He grabbed a pendant hanging around his neck and said, "Sorry, but that is a side effect of this magic. It let's you understand what I'm saying by imparting various knowledge, ideas, and concepts to you. Eventually you should understand without its help and it won't hurt anymore."

As the man continued to speak the goblin pain increased as its brain was bombarded. It sat down crying out in pain and tried to cover its ears. The man looked shocked by the goblins response and said at a whisper to himself, "This is odd. I have never heard of someone reacting with so much pain... Although this was intended for use between two that did not speak the same language. Not with someone or something that didn't know a language at all." The goblin understood every word and much beyond each word to make sense of it all. Overloaded and overwhelmed it passed back out into unconsciousness.

How do they proceed?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)