More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 16 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

What do I do to Marion?

The decision of my life

I am at a crossroads. I am finally looking my best friend's killer in the eye. We are both trying to stare each other down while trying to find a weakness in our foe. I look at Marion's short blonde hair and fancy dress and I remember that the vast majority of the tears that I have cried in the past week have been because of the wretched person in front of me. The only reason all of my tears weren't the result of my enemy was because of the part Kat played in this mystery. I know that the only hope that I have of making any sense of what my best friend tried to do lies with Marion. If I don't find out why Kat turned into a terrorist, I will have absolutely no peace at all.

The ironic thing about this mystery is that I had a very short lived crush on Marion on the first day that worked for City Of Love. I would imagine myself grabbing the blonde witch and dragging her into the nearest broom closet. We would kiss each other until we couldn't stand it any longer. Marion would give me a hickey while sucking on my neck. That is when our clothes would come off. We would take turns suckling our lover's breasts and eating each other out. We would finish by simultaneously rubbing our lover's love box to finish. Nothing ever became of that fantasy because I quickly found out what a backstabber Marion was and the only thing keeping me from getting turned on by this memory is my hate for my enemy. I now know that this woman is pure poison.

"I didn't expect you to catch up with me so soon," Marion commented with a smirk.

"Why is that?" I grumbled.

"I have been following you," Marion bragged.

"I never saw you!" I barked in shock.

"I have gotten very good at shadowing people," Marion clarified. "From what I observed while tailing you, I got the impression that your mind had the consistency of wallpaper paste."

"I wonder why that could be," I mused while pretending to think about it by scratching my head. "Could it be because I came home one day to find my best friend's murdered body on the couch or could it be because I found out that Kat wasn't what she appeared to be?"

"So you even know that last part," Marion sneered. "I thought that I would have to break that bit of news to you personally. Maybe your detective skills are better than I thought."

"I hate to bust your bubble, but not even Nancy Drew can do everything," I related with my arms folded across my chest. "Bess and George have help out on occasion."

"Someone else did the detective work?" Marion mused with a smirk. "That explains a lot. On the plus side, you have a wonderful singing voice."

"It really makes me feel so much better that you like my singing after all the junk I have been through," I snarled sarcastically.

"I was just trying to pay you a compliment," Marion explained with a shrug of her shoulders.

"You can take all of your compliments and stick them where the sun doesn't shine!" I blared.

"Is that attitude really necessary?" Marion questioned.

"What do you think of the human race?" I asked with a devilish grin. "I'd like an outsider's opinion."

"Oh, very nice!" Marion bit back. "Did you come up with that one yourself?"

"No, I saw it on an old television show," I explained.

"So what happens now?" Marion wondered.

"That depends on you," I answered with my best look of intimidation.

"Just what do you mean?" Marion queried suspiciously.

"How lenient I am with you depends on whether or not you can answer one simple question correctly," I clarified.

"Shoot," Marion gave in.

"Did Kat tell you why she wanted to flood Paris before you killed her?" I pressed.

"Look, that is not going to help you," Marion debated.

I did not like that answer which caused my eyes to widen and my breathing rate to increase. How dare Marion talk to me like that! I got so mad that I quickly advanced on my foe and punched her square on her nose. I was so satisfied to see that I had drawn some blood from that ugly mug that an evil smile slowly crept across my face.

"Damn you!" Marion protested.

"You listen to now, big stupid jerk!" I hollered. "This is not a good time to be pushing my buttons! Since you told me that you like my singing, that must mean that you followed me to Kat's funeral which was extremely disrespectful. Anyway, you had to have seen that I was so stressed out, I almost punched out one of my own friends. If I am capable of doing that then you must understand that I would not hesitate to knock your block off. Now answer my question and let me worry about the result!"

"Okay, she didn't tell me anything," Marion conceded.

"You better not be lying to me because I HATE LIARS!" I threatened while grinding my fist into my hand.

"No, I am not lying!" Marion insisted.

"That's just great!" I protested. "Since you killed Kat, I will never know why any of this happened and I will never know how much of my life has been a lie!"

"Hey, I had to kill Kat to save Paris!" Marion shot at me.

"You did not, you insolent bitch!" I practically yelled.

"You were not there and if that is how you are going talk to a Knight Of Lutecia then I'm leaving!" Marion proclaimed while trying to walk past me.

"I don't care if you are a Knight Of The Flipping Round Table!" I barked while shoving Marion so hard that she landed on her butt. "The only way you are leaving here is over my dead body!

"I have tried to be understanding with you since I know that you are under a great deal of stress, but I am getting very tired of you hitting me!" Marion shrieked while standing up. "If you keep this up, I will have to retaliate and I should warn you that the Knights put all of their new recruits through heavy combat training!"

"Good, then maybe you can make this more interesting!" I prodded.

"Do you know what your problem is?" Marion asked.

"No, why don't you tell me," I insisted.

"You get too attached to people," Marion explained. "Sometimes you have break some eggs to make an omelette."

"You might have joined the Borg collective, but I am proud to be a living breathing member of the human race!" I blared. "And another thing, people are not eggs! No person is expendable, you stinking pile of pig slop!"

I have had enough! I am more angry than I have been in my life with the possible exception of when I found Kat dead on the couch. I a glint of steel out of the corner of my eye and I realize that someone left a sharp knife on a nearby table. I know that I promised my friend Sarah that I would bring in Marion alive, but I believe that the world will thank me for getting rid of this jerk. I reach over with my right hand and grasp the knife.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" Marion shrieked.

"What does it look like?" I sneer while picking up the knife.

Do I kill Marion?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)