More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 17 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Do I kill Marion?

I choose peace

I am at a crossroads in my life. Even though I promised my friend Sarah that I would bring in Marion to the police alive, I am seriously considering killing Marion not only for killing my best friend Kat but also because Marion would not stop pestering me during this meeting. She must have known that it would be crazy to do so since she secretly followed me to my best friends funeral and saw me almost come to blows with my friend Tristan. Even though the blonde witch saw that example of my short fuse, she would not stop riding me. I think Marion likes to stick her head inside every lion's mouth she finds. I know that one lion will eventually bite her if I don't do it so why shouldn't I do the job myself? That is why I am holding a very sharp kitchen knife in my right hand.

Even though Marion is yelling some kind of threat at me, I can't hear what she is saying because I am too busy contemplating the possible consequences of my actions. Will the Knights want to kill me for bumping off one of their members? Will I go to prison? I had all of the jail life that I could stand when I was framed for Kat's . What will happen to the last bit of my sanity if I commit this horrible act? Won't killing this creep make me as bad as she is? My parents told me many times before that two wrongs don't make a right. The knife is becoming heavy in my hand. This is wrong. I know that I can't commit no matter what Marion did so I flung the knife behind me as hard as I can to remove the temptation.

"So what changed your mind?" Marion asked with an almost gloating smile.

This woman truly must be truly insane. I almost decided to cut her to ribbons with a knife and she still wants to push my buttons. Doesn't she realize how close I came to killing her? Does she have a wish? Maybe Marion simply does not believe that I am strong enough to kill her. I better end this little game and take her to the police before I blow my stack again.

"I would rather die than wind up like you," I answered coldly.

"I thought it was to keep my friends from coming after you!" Marion cackled.

"The last thing that I am afraid of is a bunch of vigilantes who all think that they have the right to play God just because they have performed a few good deeds," I explained. "By the way, that position was filled since before time even began."

"You have a lot of nerve!" Marion accused. "You accuse us all of vigilantism and then you think about killing someone to prove your point!"

"I never said that I was perfect, but at least I don't hide my transgressions behind a smokescreen," I pointed out. "My life is an open book. Can you or any of your band of merry men say that?"

"You know, this conversation is starting to bore me," Marion rambled after letting out a frustrated sigh.

"And I thought that we would never agree on anything!" I laughed. "Are you going to come along quietly or do I have to get rough?"

"It won't do you any good to bring me in," Marion protested. "I wouldn't be in jail for long since I saved Paris."

"Are you absolutely sure that you saved Paris?" I asked with my arms folded across my chest.

"What do you mean?" Marion probed with a confused look.

"Was Kat working by herself or was someone else calling the shots?" I probed while digging a hole into Marion's soul with my eyes. "I can tell by the pale expression on your face that you neglected to find that out before you bumped off my friend. It is a shame that you had to be so sloppy. You might have caused an even bigger mess than the one you were trying to clean up. I guess that I am going to have to clean up your dumb mistakes after I turn you in to the police."

Before I knew what was going on, Marion punched me hard in my right eye which will obviously give me a black eye that I will have to explain to my friends later. I guess that I must have struck a nerve. If that wasn't enough, Marion knocked me down to the floor with a roundhouse kick. Cocky Marion looked oh so proud of herself as she looked down on me.

"Can I leave now or do you want me to teach you another lesson?" Marion cackled.

I guess this is one of those times when Bugs Bunny would suggest that I would try some strategy since it seems that Marion might be a better fighter than I am. My idea is to make my foe think that I am more injured than I really am so I got up slowly while wobbling my head. I can see Marion eyeing me to decide just how hurt I really am. I hope that I am a good actor since that is a very important part to my plan. Even if my plan works, I know that it will be very risky to carry out.

"Do you give up?" Marion wondered. "You probably should since my skills are better than yours."

"I will give up when pigs fly!" I threatened.

"If that's what you really want," Marion spoke while shrugging her shoulders. "It will be a shame to damage such a pretty face as yours, but I guess it can't be helped sometimes."

Marion got ready to throw another punch which caused me to put my plan that will take split second timing. I lifted my open right hand towards Marion's face. While closing my eyes, I reached inside my right sleeve and pressed a metal lever that caused a bright flash to erupt in my enemy's eyes. I knew my plan was successful when I heard her scream in pain. I opened my eyes and took advantage of the shrew's discomfort by smashing my right fist into her face as hard as I could. I kept the move going by giving Marion a roundhouse kick. While my friend's killer stumbled back. I pulled her head onto the nearest table. I pause for a second to see if Marion still wants to fight, but all she does is groan in pain. I take a pair of handcuffs and stretch my foe's arms behind her back so I can restrain her.

"Let's go get some fresh air," I ordered while pushing my captured enemy in front of me.

"Oh, well done!" Marion sarcastically protested.

It few seconds of careful navigating around the tables with Marion in front of me, but I had plenty of room to move around once I got back outside. I wanted to walk Marion to the police station myself, but my back was tired from fighting Marion so I took my cell phone out of my pocket to call the police. I am just about to make the call when someone distracts me.

"Connie, what's going on?" the person asks.

Who distracted me?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)