More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by brevdravis brevdravis

What's the big day?

The day she claims her mate

Ketsueki sucked in her breath once more and took in her form. She looked, well, human, or as close as possible as it was for her to appear that way. Her eyes drifted over her own creamy skin and large, well proportioned breasts. Absolutely everything that a human male could want. She tightened the tiger skin chemise about herself, remembering how her mother had gifted it to her with a laugh and a comment about needing to keep at least some traditions alive.

However, it wasn't to be worn obviously, she had to remember. It was a instant giveaway to any man who saw it and was familiar with Oni. Not as many as there used to be, since the stupid ones were less likely to succeed in claiming a mate, especially with so many monster girls around. Men were more protected and wary than they used to be.

A sharp rap at the door brought her attention, and she hastily pulled on her skirt and blouse, concealing the more daring garment beneath them. She glanced out the window and noticed that the sun had begin to dip. It was almost time for the play.

"Kets! You've got a Visitor!" Came the voice of one of the barmaids. For a moment Ketsueki fought to place it, before recognizing the voice of the Fan Tan dealer who always set up on the first floor. She didn't wait for a response, and Ketsueki could hear her steps as she walked away from the door along the wooden floor.

With one final look into the glass, she snatched up the small leather satchel which held her assigned texts in their protective coverings. Showing up without these would of course result in nothing but ridicule, and attention, which was the one thing she didn't want. She slung the item over the small white coat which bore a small symbol of her mother's clan on it. Nothing obvious, but those who knew to look would see that she wasn't one of the fools who smashed boulders simply because they could.

For an instant, her eye lit on the kanbo beside the door. The urge to pick it up and bring it with her was intense. It was an itch in her hand, a desire to hold and use. She fought it back and instead reached for the doorknob, twisting it gently.

She glid down the stairs that led to the small rented room. Ketsueki lived above a bar, not the most glamorous accommodation, but her mother had assured her that the barkeep and his maids were "safe". Which meant they were on mom's payroll, or at least knew enough to pretend that mom didn't actually exist. Her eyes lit up when she noticed her friend sitting at the bar, since she was out far earlier than expected.

A friend in the night.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)