More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by edwinsmitha edwinsmitha

Where is he going?

The city's higgest skyscraper: Queen Enterprises

Oliver parks his Aprilia in the underground garage of Queen Enterprises, Oliver's return makes him acting CEO since his mother agreed to step down if he ever returned, Oliver always said he would take care of the business should his father ever pass away. Robert Queen was the city's most prominent businessman leading QE into unprecedented success, The Queen family is the city's wealthiest family and one of the wealthiest in the world with a fortune of 180 billion amassed over 3 generations. "Welcome Mr. Queen, I'm Curtis Holt, I can say from behalf of the entirety of Queen Enterprises we're glad to have you back." says current head of QE's Applied Science division with a firm handshake, a division that handles technological innovations in fields such as military, medical among others. "Mr. Holt, a pleasure and I sure am glad to be back as well. Please, walk with me." says Oliver ending the handshake, he then continues to his office on the top floor of QE with Holt by his side. "How are things down there?" asks Oliver in which Holt responds "We are currently working on a prototype suit meant for the military, bulletproof that can withstand up to 50 caliber rounds, fireproof that withstands up to 1.000 degree heat and seven times lighter than any typical fireproof or bulletproof suit, stealth compartments all around the suit to store explosives as well as small weapons, also inside it a temperature modulator for weather, a gauntlet on the inside of the right wrist for comms and holografic projections should you need an AI that helps out in the field. Also tactical gloves with brass knuckles attached to it also charged with an electric shock on the knuckles should anyone decides to employ hand to hand combat against the wearer and happens to be bigger and stronger, merely an advantage and last but not least a touch of my own which includes a hood for concealment which is charged with a electrical current that in case of a unmaskment attempt, it delivers a crippling discharge, fireproof as well with a full face mask that acts as a breather in case of underwater inmersions and chemical attacks, bulletproof as well. It's still unfinished sir since there are still some modifications to be made, but I believe it should be done in 1 month's time." hiding his peaked interest Oliver says "Starting Monday, I want a full report on everything that Applied Sciences has in inventory and all future projects as well." "Absolutely sir, the report will be in your desk first thing in the morning. Now if you will excuse me I have a new intern coming in that needs to be shown the ropes" says Holt while taking his leave as Oliver nods. While sitting down in his office overlooking the city, Oliver ponders about his return and the mission he has sworn to complete that lead to his supposed disappeareance in which he spent the last 15 years turning himself into a living weapon, he endured every kind of hell known to man, traveled the globe in search of people who would train him to be the kind of man he would need to become to save his city, to do so he knew he needed to do whatever it takes, even at the expense of his humanity. After 30 minutes of getting to know the people he will be working with closely as CEO of Queen Enterprises, Oliver takes his leave back to the mansion.

Something wakes him

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)