More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by taloniv taloniv

Where do I run to?

The cemetary! (Paladin)

I know of a nearby cemetery just off the main path outside of town. I hope I can lose him by ducking behind some tombstones at the very least. Maybe if I'm lucky he won't even follow me.

I run through the gates down the poorly lit path. I stop to catch my breath as I survey the plots for a decent size tombstone and spot one with a guardian angel statue overlooking a plot. I run over to it and duck down panting. I'm breathing so heavily I'm making a sharp wheezing sound as I struggle to catch my breath as I realize how out of shape I am.

"Hehehe..." A cold laugh makes me hold my breath as I feel my blood run cold.

The creepy mugger slowly walks around the tombstone and stands in front of me. "Could you have picked a more obvious spot?" He says as he continues to smile at me with his evil dark teeth.

He leans down towards me and I again react and slap his hand away as I kick at him with all my might hitting him square in the gut. He only falls back a couple of steps as I struggle to my feet. I start to run again, but he grabs my arm and throws me hard against the tombstone causing me to slam my head hard.

"Ahhh!" I double over as I clutch at my head with my hands.

"You dumb bitch. Stop fighting and this will be over that much sooner." He says as he stands over me and I feel his hands start to lift up my dress.

I finally take his advice and close my eyes and await my fait when a bright flash of light, so bright I can see it through my closed eyes flashes around us followed shortly by the mans arms being removed from me and him grunting.

"How dare you even think of doing such a thing in a sacred place such as this." I hear a women voice yell out.

I open my eyes and look to see a beautiful blonde women dressed in heavy plate armor covering her whole body with the exception of her thighs just below her more free flowing armor adorned skirt. She walked towards the man carrying what looked to be a very heavy two handed mace. Her stance inspired presence, but it didn't seem to deter the mugger.

"Fuck you. Fucking paladin taking a cheap shot like that? Where's your sense of honor eh?"

"I frequently forgo honor when fighting evil." She says back.

"That works for ME!" He calls out as he digs into his pocket and throws some dust at the paladins eyes. She recoils as he draws his sword and raises it up as he moves to strike at her.

There's a bright light appears around the paladins head as I see her eyes clear up and swings the heavy mace with ease and shatters the thief's blade with a single hit

"Shit..." He mutters as he inspects his shattered blade in disbelief.

The paladin gives a small smirk as she spins and smashes the thief square in his chest with her mace sending him flying back what seemed like a good 15 feet. He's slow to get up, but he slowly starts to limp away as the Paladin turn towards me and helps me to my feet.

"Are you all right?" She asks me and I'm simply in awe as I notice that she herself seems to be radiating light.

"Uh, yes. That was amazing! thank you!" I say as I gush.

"It is my pleasure. From the looks of his nose you have some fight in you young one."

"Thank you, but that was just instinct, or anger. I'm not sure honestly."

"With a little training you could learn to harness and control that with the help of the light."

I stare at her blankly as I'm not sure what she's hinting at. She just smiles gently. "Would you like to learn how to wield the light, and swing it as Uther would say."

"Uh, yes! Can you really teach me?!" I feel excitement that I used to feel when I was a child swell up at the thought of learning how to fight like her.

She ended up bringing me back to her temple and introducing me. I began training that week and trained hard for 4 years. During my training I had found myself favoring a specific style more than others.

What style did you favor?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)