More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Nyxeria Nyxeria

Select your lore:

The Races of the twin worlds.

Humans:

Humanity is the most populous race of Attis, a full 90% of all established cities and countries of Attis being human controlled. Compared to the other races humans are mostly homogeneous, tending to be between 4 and half feet and six and a half feet in height upon reaching adulthood. They have a higher resistance to magic than demons, however this makes it quite difficult for humans to learn even the most basic of spells by studying. While mages are at most uncommon among humans, battle mages are an rarity as human mages tend to be born with an ability to use only a single type of magic and no ability to expand their repertoires save decades of dedication. To make up for this, humans have crafted tools and weapons utilizing natural magicite, a task neither demons nor wildings are well suited for, the former due to interference from their own nature and the later due to a complete inability to sense magic.

On average a human who is not killed by a monster or disease or accident will live to the age of 75, however powerful mages tend to live much longer, some even ceasing aging.

Magical Creatures:

Magical Creatures can be split into two categories: monsters and demons. The category and individual falls under is usually determined based upon factors of social interaction, intelligence, and body type. As a general rule of thumb, if the creature you are dealing with isn't trying to eat you upon first meeting, it would probably be considered rude to call them a monster.

Most magical creatures are mostly composed of captive magical energy, and therefore do not leave a corpse upon , however particularly powerful creatures often leave behind rare resources treasured for both their usefulness and sentimental value.

Demons:

Demons are the most populous species of Reverie, estimated to make up approximately 65% of the population, however less than a third of all established cities and countries in Reverie are Demon controlled, the most notable exception being the Aelvyr Empire which controls roughly a quarter of all landmass of the planet. They are by far the most diverse race of the twin worlds physically. Height can range from below 3 feet tall for imps and pixie to over 10 feet tall in the cases of Red Ogres and Giants. Nearly all demons are capable of using some magic, although most tend to use it only for physical enhancement. Being magical creatures, any demon who can use magic can learn to use more magic and of different types with enough dedication. In a magicite or free magic rich environment a demon can use a practically unlimited amount of magic with no ill effects, however expending their power too rapidly outside of these environments can cause the magic that holds them together to fail, resulting in either serious injury or . On a similar note, Demons are much more susceptible to magical illness than the other races, but are conversely immune to viral and bacterial ailment.

Demons tend to naturally be more aggressive physically and sexually when compared to humans and wildings, and as such often have a hard time dealing with the other races in times of high stress, where they would normally solve arguments with a friendly show of when dealing with other demons.

Demon lifespans vary wildly from race to race, and most demons do not age after reaching their peak. More prolific species such as imps and goblins tend to have short life spans, usually less than 30 years.

Wildings:

Wildings are the least populous of the three races, making up less 20% of the permanent residents of Attis and roughly a third of the permanent residents of Reverie, despite over two thirds of established cities and countries and Reverie being primarily populated by them. Beyond those who have settled in and near cities, there is also a large portion of the population that lives in mobile caravans, moving from country to country and between the two words chasing favorable weather, resources, safety, or information. Wildings are rather diverse, appearing similar to humans in general shape but varying wildly in skin color and type, ear and tail shape, height, and build. It is therefore difficult to give a height range for most subraces. For the most part Wildings are happy to be referred to as (their animal type) people, however some prefer to go by a chosen racial name, and it is generally considered by decent people to be incredibly rude to ignore this request.

Wildings are completely cut off from magical energies and will never be capable wielding or sensing any sort of magic. They do have a larger resistance to magic than the other races however, as well as access to a power that only wildings can use; aura. Aura are abilities that can be freely turned off and on and use the powers nature and spirit as opposed to magic. Each wilding has exactly one aura ability, manifesting sometime after puberty. Sometimes these abilities are related to the individuals personality or decisions they've made, and other times they're completely random. Aura cannot be changed once it is obtained, they can only be developed further. For example, a wilding whose aura allows them breath in low oxygen environments might with enough practice be developed into one that allows breathing in toxic environments or even underwater. Sadly not all auras are useful, such as the notorious case of Mello-Meloda, whose aura caused her to automatically speak in cat puns.

Although lifespan varies from subrace to subrace, it is incredibly rare for any wilding to live past 120 years.

Any other species we should know about?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)