More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BeckyS BeckyS

What Happens Next?

The Office Bitch

Nicola could not understand why she was not well liked in her office. As far as she saw it she was firm but fair, commendably ambitious and brutally honest. Not everyone else saw it that way.

Despite still only being in her mid twenties, since arriving at her company she had risen quickly through the ranks. In truth she was nothing special as an employee: competent but not gifted, cunning but not particularly clever and not half as much of a hard worker as she made out. Her success had been won by a fairly simple combination of traits. She was both ruthlessly ambitious and beautiful.

With exotic looks passed down from her Indian heritage Nicola was exceptionally naturally pretty with youthful features that combined with a hot, swimwear model body and large, firm breasts that she knew how to draw attention to without making it too obvious. She had the men she thought could help her, both in the office and in her life, wrapped around her finger.

Like Steve, who had been charmed by Nicola and given her a chance ahead of several better qualified candidates when he interviewed her. She was his boss now.

Or David, her current boss, who she flirted shamelessly with, drank with after work and repeatedly lied about what an inspiration he had been to her. Everyone but David realised she was gunning hard for his job.

Or Kevin, the love struck dork who often covered her desk for her and completed her work while she was off wooing senior management, even when it meant his own work suffered.

Of course Nicola had no intention of sleeping with any of those suckers. But at least she was superficially nice to them. Those people who were of no use to her she had a tendency to treat like dirt.

Like Mike, for instance, the IT nerd who she always yelled at whenever her computer had a fault, regardless that he always solved it as quickly as anyone could.

Or Tina, whose hot boyfriend Nicola flirted with in front of her at social gatherings, as if Tina wasn't there.

Or Theo, her long suffering administrative assistant who she treated like her personal errand boy.

But as far as Nicola was concerned she was a model employee and the haters were probably just jealous of her success. Having recently talked David into giving her a nice big bonus for basically nothing, Nicola had decided to spend her lunch break rewarding herself with some expensive jewellery. It would be another visible marker of her success that she hoped everyone at her work would notice and comment on. She wasn't very impressed by anything the exasperated shop assistant had shown her so far though.

"Haven't you got anything that isn't tacky?" she asked bluntly "I said I wanted something I could show off, not something I would be embarrassed to be seen in. Why haven't you shown me that one?"

Nicola pointed to a gorgeous looking ring that had pride of place under a nearby glass counter.

"It was a little outside the price range you suggested Madam" the saleswoman a smile. In fact had anyone known it's origin it should have been priceless, having once been worn by a Queen. However, had anyone known about the curse it still held it may have best been destroyed and certainly never worn.

"Well, why didn't you ask me if I was prepared to go a bit higher? You're not much of a salesperson are you? I'll take it!" Nicola impulsively decided.

Grateful she was at least able to make a sale and get Nicola out of her shop, the assistant smiled politely and, with the ring secured on her finger, Nicola paid most of her bonus money and headed back to the office. She couldn't wait to see her colleagues reactions to her new ring. She just needed to decide who she would show it off to first.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)