More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by flyrs flyrs

Where to begin?

The New Oedipal Zone Refugee Program

Around the same time that OZs started popping up around the country, Free Use Zones practically took over all the other areas of the United States. This put a lot of families in a tough situation as it became more and more difficult to avoid living in the new free use reality. Local leaders in Oedipal Zones decided they were not going to let a good crisis go to waste.

First starting in the Greenville Oedipal Zone, a task including the mayor, city council members, interests from Pearson, and religious leaders from the Church of Jocasta created the first Oedipal Zone Refugee Program. They established a neighborhood as a designated area for families to move in who wanted to live their normal lives free of free use law. These families would be exempt from most of the rules and laws governing the Oedipal Zone.

From the outside, this all looked as if it was a great and generous humanitarian effort. All these families would be spared living a lifestyle against their personal beliefs and it showed that those in OZs were tolerant and open minded out those with different ideologies. The truth was much more devious.

The leadership in OZs knew that at some point their rapid growth in population would start to slow down (if you factor out all the rampant inbreeding that is!). Eventually, they would hit an equilibrium where it would be tough to establish new OZs or to successfully incentivize new families to move in. While some skeptics think that this just comes down to growth in profits for Pearson or a larger taxable and voting population for the politicians, it really is much more than that.

Those in the OZs, especially those in the Church of Jocasta, truly worshipped . For the diehard OZ citizens, they believed in a utopian ideal to spread to as many people as possible. If they had their way, then the whole world would live under OZ laws. This refugee program would be a way to convert more people to the oedipal way of life.

The True Refugee Program Plan

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)