More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by adric adric

What was the content of Dany's Dream?

The Menace from the West

"So you dreamt about a menacing power threatening us, probably from the sunset sea..." Aegon summarized.

Sitting on his bed besides him, Dany had been able to relax in his arms and after two cubs of myrish nectar she was calm enough to tell the dreams content to him. She told him about her symbol laced dream of a drowning sun and stranded squids. Of falling towers and strangely colored Kraken devouring each other. Of burning dragons emerging from gloomy depths. "When I woke I was filled with a feeling of foreboding dread unlike any I ever felt after a dream" Dany concluded, while Aegon poured her a third cup of the thick green nectar.

He knew to take his younger aunt serious. That Daenerys Stormborn was prone to queer dreams was an open secret within the red keep. But while most dismissed as just another Tagaryen eccentricity or even a sign of her having inherited her fathers madness, Aegon did not. Despite the best efforts of the Grandmaester, Aegon had come to respect Danys dreams as more then just nightmares. He wasn't an arcane mystique like his father, but unlike the other members of his family he believed in the higher mysteries. He and his father had payed attention to her dreams since she started having them and motivated her to write them down and tell them about it. Only to them, unless to be the victim of ridicule and rumors about The "mad kings mad maiden daughter"

Most of her dreams never amounted to anything mysterious or even profound. Just normal but vivid dreams. But sometimes she had Dreams that seemed special, having more weight than others. And sometimes they came true. They were hard to interpret and often Aegon realized it only in hindsight.

One of her first dreams had prophesied the coming of a cold sigh from a dark mountain beyond the wall, quenching the fire of an emerald Dragon. three moons later white ravens flew and the citadel declared autumn to have begun. After that similar dreams had come and Aegon and his father had become better in interpreting them. The flow of the seasons, draughts and floods, but also political shifts could be discovered in Danys dreams moons before they happened. Even an attempt by a disgruntled Lordling from the Westerlands on Lyanna Stark had been prevented because Rhaegar correctly interpreted Danys dream about a wild boar spitting vipers in the cup of a she wolf nursing a black Dragon. The Dreams always had in common a sense of foreboding and featuring dragons in someway.

Now, with his father gone, Aegon was the only one in her Family that knew about Dany's dreams AND took them seriously. He loved his sweet aunt and knew that the dreams were a burden for her, but he also knew that having a prophet under his wings was worth at least as much as all the Spiders little birds.

Dany had emptied the cup once more. "Please pour me another one my king" she smiled shyly "thanks so much for listening Aegon..." After her Dragon dreams she usually drank to calm her nerves while telling the content of her nightly revelations, but never more than two cups. She must be really shaken. Or she is just getting used to more... He thought. Aegon wondered what to do next while he reached for the flagon with the strong myrish nectar. He felt Dany leaning closer, her flushed face touching his shoulders. Her bosom brushing against his muscular arms through her nightgown.

What is Aegon doing next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)