More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Emptyplanet Emptyplanet

What's next?

The Halls of Veldspar

As the steam rising from you started to dissipate and you finally became accustomed to having a body once more you were suddenly bombarded with a slew of memories infiltrating your mind, lost memories of your human life long ago, images of the scenarios you were involved in played out like a movie in your head at a thousand frames per second, along with these memories came your reservoir of spells and incantations that you had practiced so long ago.

"Lux" You chanted, balls of light flashed out of your open hand and filled the surprisingly spacious hall giving you a glimpse of what you could only assume was the throne room, the room showed signs of major disrepair, walls had collapsed letting the soil and rock spill into the room, meaning that you must be underground right now. The walls were lined with stone pillars and collumns supporting the aged roof that in places was also collapsing. Looking to the floor you noticed banquet tables, podiums and other derelict remains of furniture were scattered throughout the room, lined with a thick layer of dust and filth for having remained undisturbed for so long.

"What an unpleasant welcoming party." you murmur to yourself idly as you drag a finger across the edge of one of the dilapidated chairs, the waft of dust you removed fell softly to the ground as you passed on by. You make your way towards a point of interest in the mostly unremarkable room, a mostly intact mirror that you wipe away a layer of grime with the palm of your hand, finally able to get a good look at yourself you control a lux ball to better light your appearance.

You had pure white spiky hair, a fair complexion with a handsome face, a pair of menacingly red blood-thirsting eyes that promised terror untold, a fit and athletic form complete with an 8-pack, strong legs and an impressively sized package, it was only now that you were noticing you were totally nude, however your thoughts trailed to your current appearance, for the most part it was as you can remember it being, but the white hair and scary eyes were definitely a new addition.

"That beast took a few liberties it seems, if our fates weren't connected I'd happily destroy him for such a slight." You vented, your anger ever present and without relenting, it was a much a part of you as breathing, but for some reason you weren't sure why exactly, when you tried to recall those memories they simply wouldn't come forth. Maybe this was another of that beasts tricks in order to keep you in line with his own desires by denying you certain facts about your past.

Walking further down the hall you come to the throne room, a throne made of obsidian and skulls sat atop the throne rooms elevated floor, at the foot of the stairs leading to the throne itself lay what you can infer must be the skeletal remains of the beasts last living subjects, dressed in grey gowns with blackened half capes that wrapped around their necks like scarfs, their cold bones clutching religious paraphernalia. Obviously they thought praying for salvation would do them any good, you chuckle to yourself.

Stripping one of the corpses of its uncomfortable clothes you dress yourself in its form, you had a feeling that the beast was laughing at you somewhere for having worn articles of clothing donned in order to praise him, still you had no other choice right now, you didn't exactly want to roam the halls of this chilly dungeon in your birthday suit.

Climbing the stairs to the throne itself you noticed the engravings on the wall behind the throne itself.

"Throne room of the great dungeon Veldspar, doesn't look too great to me." Your eyes then wandered to the obsidian throne, an eerie light seemed to coarse through the blackened glass like a lava lamp. Dare you sit on such a seat?

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)