More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by The Archmaester The Archmaester

What's next?

The First Crossroad

The next morning, Aegon woke up to an empty bed. His lover had left him long before dawn in order to avoid a disastrous political scandal. King Rhaegar had ushered in a new age for Westeros and many believed that the incestuous practises of the Targaryens were over for good. Even leal servants wouldn't hesitate to gossip about the king's sex life in exchange for gold.

Aegon sigh as he stared at the empty space besides him. He had spent his entire teenage life looking for beautiful maidens to go to sleep with but now, he yearns for something more. He wants to find someone to wake up with. Hmm, guess I am officially a mature adult now, Aegon mused as he got up and prepared to break his fast. He splashed some cold water on his face and quickly got dressed before joining his family in the Royal Hall.

"I know that many lords in the realm still sneer behind my back and calls me the Bastard Prince and blames me for the rebellion that killed tens of thousands." Aegon heard his younger brother complain as he entered the great hall where his family were already eating.

"Dont blame yourself, Jon." Queen Lyanna consoled her son and placed a loving hand in his soft brown curly hair. "If anyone is to blame, its your father and I. We should have known better than to send just one raven informing my family that Rhaegar and I eloped."

Apparently, the raven carrying the message never reached Lyanna's brother at Riverun and many years later, the culprit was found to be a petty lord from the Fingers. Thankfully, both him and his House faded away into obscurity before he could cause anymore chaos.

"What is all the commotion?" The young king asked his step-mother and half-brother as a cute servant girl served him a plateful. As she poured him a glass full of fresh orange juice from Dorne, Aegon couldn't resist but stare down her revealing neckline.

"Today is the day Jon will leave for Castle Black and he still wants to join the damn Night's Watch!" Queen Lyanna said fuming, hoping that Aegon could talk some sense into his younger brother.

"The Brotherhood of the Night's Watch is an honorable order that has protected the realms of men for thousands of years!" Jon said defensively.

"They're not as honorable as you think, Jon." Aegon said. "Just yesterday, I condemned a dozen rapists and murderers to take the black. And each one of them would gladly geld you in your sleep. Only Lord Commander Mormont and your Uncle Benjen knows who you really are, so keep it to yourself when you do get there."

The day after the funeral of King Rhaegar, Jon revealed his intention to join the Brotherhood of the Night's Watch much to the shock and horror of his mother and Princess Daenerys. However, ever the charismatic negotiator, Aegon convinced his half-brother of joining the Watch for only a trial period as a royal envoy. He would live and work just like any Black Brother and after a period of twelve months he will then decide if he truly wants to join the Night's Watch. Aegon was certain that his brother wouldn't even last six months under the harsh and cruel conditions at the Wall.

"So where is Rhae and Dany? They're usually up by this time of the day." Aegon asked without trying to sound too concerned about the whereabouts of his lovely sister.

"Daenerys is packing her things to accompany Jaehaerys to Winterfell. However, Rhaenys is still asleep. She probably didn't get much sleep last night." Queen Elia said as she gave her son a judgemental stare. She knew all about what her children did behind closed doors even long before the of King Rhaegar. "Besides, it's good that she is resting as much as she is. She probably won't sleep at all on the boat."

"The boat? What boat?" Aegon asked.

"Hmm... She didn't tell you?" Queen Elia teased the young king. "We're going to Sunspear for the wedding of Prince Quentyn. You were invited remember?"

Aegon sipped his drink in silence as he remembered something Rhaenys said last night during the throes of passion. She said it was their last fuck for a while. Aegon however dismissed it as another one of her taunts. But if she did go to Sunspear, he won't see her in weeks much less fuck her. He completely forgot that their uncle, Prince Doran Martell of Dorne was organising an extravagant wedding for his eldest son in a few weeks time. Apparently all the lords of Dorne as well as their children will be in attendance making it a perfect opportunity to meet a beautiful Dornish lady. Aegon was close to his mother's family as he had spent the entirety of last summer in Dorne. His hedonist uncle, Prince Oberyn, gifted Aegon an aphrodisiac herb from the Summer Islands which resulted in the most intense sexcapade between the then young prince, his sister and their dornish cousins. However, many nobles in Westeros especially the lords of the Reach considered him to be extremely biased in favour of the Dornishmen. Despite the fact that Dornishwomen were renowned for their beauty, Aegon was unsure if he wanted a hotblooded and sexually adventurous woman like, Arianne Martell as his wife.

Alternatively, Aegon could follow his aunt and half-brother to the cold and dreary North. He had never been further north than the Twins and he could learn even more about his people by visiting them and hearing their grievances instead of sitting on a cold metal throne. Furthermore he could also keep a close eye on Jaehaerys and stop him from doing anything foolish as well as spend some quality time with his shy and beautiful aunt.

What will you do as King?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)