More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by nahdude nahdude

Where does her story begin?

The Family Camping Trip

"Emily! Ashley! You girls get up your lazy butts out of bed and start packing, we don't want to hit the road too late!" my dad's voice rang from outside our bedrooms.

I groaned and looked at the clock. 7:30 A.M. I was already awake, but I'm one of those girls who likes to lay in bed for a while before getting up, especially on a weekend. Of course, it wasn't any ordinary weekend, it was Labor Day weekend, which meant one thing in my family: the annual family camping trip. Every year, my family takes advantage of the three day weekend to go camping, kayaking, and hiking at one of the state parks. It's just a good time to get away from the hustle of our daily lives and enjoy the natural world for a change. Truthfully, I used to hate this trip as a kid. I was a bit of a brat, so sleeping in tents, walking for miles on end,not having access to running water, and having to cook my own food was not my idea of a fun weekend. But a few years ago, something in me changed and now it's something I look forward too every year. I guess I learned to appreciate nature and all that.

Oh, and also the trip "challenges". Before we embark on our drive to the state park, Ashley and I have to pick out a few dares from our 'challenge bowl' at random, and it gives us a task or challenge to complete before the trip is over. These challenges are things we've thought of over the years written down on index cards, and basically anyone can add to the bowl at any time. It's just something fun that we came up with, and it gives all of us something to look forward to. Of course, we have to keep each other accountable, which means so far nobody has failed to complete their challenge.

The challenges can be anything. Last year I had to hike for a mile stretch without any shoes. It was rough, literally, but I was proud of myself for doing it. Ashley had to speak with a French accent every time she talked, which was pretty hilarious, especially when she had to talk to someone outside of the family.

Heeding my dad's advice, I got myself out of bed and stood up straight, giving myself a full body stretch with a big yawn. I decided to take a shower first, then pack. After a quick shower I felt awake and energized enough to start my day. I returned to my room after drying off and put on a white sports bra, panties, some athletic shorts, and a cute pink tank top. It was still pretty hot out in our part of the country, so gotta dress for the weather. Plus, I felt pretty cute in my athletic getup. I had been working out a lot this year and these shorts really show off my toned legs and outline my firm butt a bit. Hey, let a girl be a little proud once in a while, alright?

Once I got dressed, I picked out a few similar outfits and packed them in my duffel bag, along with a sandals and a couple bikinis and a hoodie, in case it got cold at night. I also packed my backpack with basic camping and hiking supplies, such as Satisfied with my clothing choices, I put on a pair of athletic socks and tennis shoes, and decided to head downstairs and grab some breakfast. My parents were already in the kitchen, so I greeted them and chatted a bit about the trip. I fixed myself a bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee that my mom had already brewed. I don't usually drink coffee, but it helps for being on the road for a couple hours. A few minutes later, Ashley came down and fixed herself some cereal and coffee as well.

After everyone finished eating, it was time to hit the road. But I wasn't going to let us leave without Ashley and I getting our challenges for the trip. I ran to the closet and grabbed the 'challenge bowl'. Everyone chuckled when I returned with the bowl, knowing that I wouldn't let anyone forget.

"Alright Emily, thanks for the reminder." Ashley laughed, reaching around the bowl of index cards, mixing them all up until he made his choice. It was all random, so there was no way of knowing what you'd get before you choose.

She read the challenge aloud, as is tradition.

"The Narrator! Whoever receives this challenge must only refer to themselves in the third person."

Ashley chuckled. "Ashley thinks this'll be a piece of cake" she said, already in the spirit of things. Everyone laughed at that. I came up with that one, so I can't wait to see how that plays out.

Now it was my turn. Hoping for a real challenge, I reached in and grabbed an index card...

What is Emily's challenge?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)