More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Diggitydog6 Diggitydog6

What's next?

The Fall

Standing before the mercenaries, Mitsuwa made a spirited speech. “Gentlemen, it’s time for war! The mission this time is really dangerous. Our enemies are twenty thousand strong, we are only fifty-eight strong. Our reward is some gold coins… Honor, pride, and the gratitude of the people. In war, both sides can insist on their righteousness. Whatever side you are, there’s no such thing as justice. They are just fighting for money and power. In the end the one who suffers is always the citizens. BUT, this time is Different! The mission this time is to defeat the enemy soldiers, who broke the treaty one-sided along with the herds of monsters. It’s a defensive mission to protect the citizens of the capital… . LET ME BE CLEAR HERE! WE ARE ABSOLUTE JUSTICE!” The crowd stood there silent, picking apart her words. Mitsuwa was starting to sweat a bit, was her speech working? I will leave this place for ten minutes; whoever declines the mission can leave in the meantime. Those who stay will go with me to the battlefield and I expect your courage.”

Mitsuwa steps aside in another room, hoping to have inspired the troops. When she returned to the men, many had left. Leaving a rough six men who wanted to fight. The Captain of the Wolfgang Mercs addressed her, “Sorry, most ain’t coming. We aren’t much for the politics of otherworlds. Good luck.” Mitsuwa thanked the captain and transported the six men to the battlefield. Now Mitsuwa had hoped for more men to help with the defense; however she got what she got.

Mitsuwa brought her men to the Capital, positioning them amongst the wall spread out to increase the area of fire. A messenger of the Imperial Empire, an Earl Torsten von Lott. Being riled up, Mitsuwa did not allow for diplomacy. They fired upon the enemy. Startled by the sudden by ‘invisible’ enemies and loud booming voices seeming coming from thin air; they were frozen in place by fear. The Imperial army, with the brute forcing of their leadership, charged; resulting in numerous deaths. Though Mitsuwa’s troops were holding their own; despite the fate they were outnumbered hundreds of times. It helped that they had technological superiority. However the enemy had a trump card, air superiority, wyvern riders flew high above the skies. They were not removed from ’s gaze as they were shot down. Though six people can only do so much; especially dividing fire between the infantry and air forces. It was too much, the wyvern riders broke through taking the soldiers out. Mitsuwa was left alone to be captured by the encroaching enemies.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)