More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Danielle2722 Danielle2722

Where do you begin looking for a lead?

The Driftwood Tavern

While it's not your usual haunt, you know that many golden opportunities can be found in the unassuming dockside taverns of the cities port, the most renowned of them being the Driftwood Tavern. Despite its reputation for moodiness and bar fights, you know it to be one of the first locations people looking to hire for less upstanding work visit.

To avoid spoiling your appearance with a long walk through the crowded streets, you use some of your remaining gold to hire a carriage to take you across the city, using the time to relax and mentally prepare for a days work after such a long break. Leaning back in the seat, you wiggle your fingers, ensuring you're ready to make the quick gestures required for sorcery in a moments notice.

People who look like you don't normally visit the dock side of the city, let alone one the sailors taverns. You know you're going to make an impression, and you're counting on it. Standing out from the crowd is how you find the best offers. But there's always a chance some of that attention will be negative, and it wouldn't be the first time you've had to dissuade an aggressive sailor intent on harassing you.

You don't tip the carriage driver on arrival. The journey was rougher than you'd have liked, and you don't reward that kind of service. He frowns at you, but doesn't question it. Dropping down from the side of the vehicle near the entrance to the tavern, drawing eyes from several of those nearby, you adjust your clothing to make sure your wand is prominently displayed, and make for the door.

What do you find inside?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)