More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by fischch fischch

Where does she head?

The Central Building

Alison realized that she had more than enough time and could afford to ask around. Heading to the central building was a no-brainer. She made her way to the building, briefly viewing the schedule posted on the door, and entered the front. She hoped to find someone at the front desk, but found it and the lobby empty. The lights were on and the building schedule she saw earlier said it was open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., so she was certain she wasn't trespassing, even though a small part of her mind questioned her own sanity.

Maybe they're on break, she reasoned, perhaps I'll find them in the cafeteria. Alison made her way to one of the hallways connected to the lobby and walked down it, passing by the little bagel shop. She saw a lone worker, setting the place up in preparation for the day. The worker wore a yellow shirt with a cap, and turned around. She got a look of his name tag which said, 'Hello my name is Simon'.

"Hi," Simon said. "You need anything? Coffee?"

"No, I'm actually looking for anyone who works in the front desk, I need to find where I was assigned to. Do you know if anyone is here?"

"Yeah, Stacy's working the desk today. She was here a few minutes ago."

"I need to speak with her, where is she?"

"She went to the bathroom right down the hall after ordering her coffee."

"Thanks" Alison replied. Moving farther from the lobby, she headed down the hall until she was by the restrooms. She wondered whether to wait for Stacy or go in and ask for her, and so flipped a coin in her mind, which then decided that she should enter. She pulled the handle of the door to the ladies room, and the door unexpectedly received a push from inside, causing the combined to swing it wide open, nearly hitting her. Alison was then face to face with a surprised girl.

"OHMYGOD!" The girl spouted out. "Shit, I'm so sorry, you scared me."

"No problem. Are you Stacy?"

"Yeah?" the girl replied in an unsure manner, wondering if she might be in a bit of trouble. She did spent the last forty minutes hanging around the bagel shop, chatting with Simon, instead of sitting diligently at her desk.

"I need to figure out where I was assigned, I don't remember where I'm supposed to go."

Stacy made a sigh of relief. She wasn't in trouble, but she was going to play it safe for now, in case the girl she was talking to might inform someone. "Alright, um, let me pick up my coffee and then we'll head back to the desk. Can't work without my fix of caffeine, am I right? Haha."

Alison nodded and followed Stacy to the shop. Stacy was a bit shorter than her, so it was expected she might not get around as fast as Alison, but her speed was even slower than expected, to the point that it pained her to keep up this pace. Just a little while longer and then I can get to work.

As they made it to Simon's workstation, he said "Hey Stacy, Coffee with cream right?" which was followed with Stacy's quick reply of "Yup". She grabbed her coffee and turned to Alison. "So what's your name?"

"Alison..."

What's Next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)