More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by fischch fischch

What's Next?

They head to the Lobby

Stacy and Alison made their way to the lobby in search of Alison's destination. Upon reaching her desk, Stacy sat down and began logging into the computer. Alison, having nothing else to do but wait, began looking around to alleviate her boredom. With the clacking of the keyboard in the background, she looked at posters hanging around, many of which were dense with information related to agricultural sciences. Her attention shifting to the door in which she entered earlier, she noticed a significant mossy growth on it. That wasn't there earlier, she thought. She questioned her sanity, and then realized with Stacy nearby she could get a second opinion.

"Hey Stacy, was that mossy stuff on the door earlier?"

Stacy, hard at work looking up files on personnel, provided only a short response without giving much thought to it.

"Probably."

Alison found the answer dissatisfying, and so moved away from the desk and closer towards the door, with the plan to inspect it more thoroughly. She knew at the very least moss was capable of moving around a tree to follow the sun, so that might be one piece of information that could be used to explain what was going on. But the moss specifically moved to be in sunlight, and so the peculiar thing was that it was growing indoors, away from the sun. Either it's a new moss, or maybe there's a lot more of it growing on the other side of the door. Or maybe I'm just losing my mind...

"It says here you're in Dome 8. It should be to the southwest of this building. You're working in the rainforest Dome?"

Alison didn't want to get stuck in small talk, so kept her responses short but polite, turning around and leaving as soon as she finished.

"Yeah. Well, I got to get going. Thanks."

Upon reaching the door she pushed at it in a way to avoid touching the moss, and found it unable to budge. Her eyes caught a glimpse of more moss built up along the edges of the door, as if the door was glued shut. She tried again, this time using more of her body, and the door did not have any change in reaction. All this was incredibly strange as she had no problem using the door earlier.

"What on Earth is going on?", Alison wondered. Something in the back of her mind disturbed her, she knew something was wrong. There was nothing in her mind that could definitively explain this. As far as she could tell, she was trapped inside the building, and she doubted the sealed door was going to be the last of her problems.

"Is everything alright?" Stacy asked.

"The door, it won't open. There's all this... I think it's moss."

"What?"

"The door, it's sealed. Green stuff all over it."

Stacy, confused, got off of her seat and made her way to the door where Alison stood, finding that there was indeed green stuff all over it. Despite proof that Alison's efforts were futile, Stacy began pushing the door thinking that she might make some results. The door refused to budge.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)