More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Regin34 Regin34

What does Lara do?

The Canada nature

The sunrise spread the light of the sun above the deep forests of western Canada, reaching the houses and buildings in the village of Saint Hacint. A town of woodcutters, collectors of maple syrup, miners of local iron mines, and some local businesses, there was something near ten thousand souls in the area. Merchants, local churches, a single cinema, and a few bars made everything needed to live here. The village was set near river Columbia, and to get to the village, a traveler would have to use a boat or barge, because of the deep forest and wild area. The only road leading to town it is blocked in the winter and spring because of snow in the mountain. Right now, at the start of summer, most of the snow is gone, but there are still some piles of white in some places.

Lara Croft had traveled for the last two days on the barge, buying tickets from local middle-aged Native who rented his barge to deliver passengers and wares to Saint Hacint. The air was fresh, and a little cold in the morning, but later in the day would warm up. Lara wasn't sure if she would find anything useful in this town. What she did know was that in this town, twenty years ago, famous German archaeologist, Wilhelm Straut, had disappeared. Leaving notes about the tracking of a "Discovery of the Century".

Lara stepped off the barge at the dock along the river. Compared to her previous expeditions, which usually involved a shipwreck or a plane crash, she was immensely relieved to arrive at a location like any other normal individual. Her backpack, full of supplies, was slung across her shoulder and strapped to her back. It contained most of what she needed, ranging from food, water, and maps of the area, to another change of clothes. However, she only had this location. More reconnaissance and investigation would be necessary in order for the woman to find the location that she needed. She was dressed casually enough, a long green t-shirt and a pair of tight black jeans. She had a light gray jacket on to boot, keeping her warmer in the still cool air. She hoped she wouldn't stand out too much as she made her way along the pier and out onto the dry ground. She couldn't go around asking too many questions. To begin, she would have to mingle around and try to get a feel for the place. Which naturally led Lara to find the first bar she could locate and the explorer opened the door and stepped inside.

Lara had no problems with finding the bar because the first one was located in the port, not far from the barge. It was a one-floor building, made of wooden logs, like an old western. But in the places of horses, in the parking before the bar was standing a few trucks and jeeps. On on, there was a plate with information about renting the cars and the phone number of the owner.

Inside the bar, Lara saw a few long wooden tables and benches, most were empty because it was still early morning. There were two guys eating breakfast and one waitress mopping the floor. By the look of them, the guys could have been woodcutters or miners, with their big muscles and the short beards on their tired faces. They were wearing black and brown clothes, made to get dirty in the work. The waitress had red hair, tied in a ponytail. She was wearing a blue dress with white strings and an apron with red flowers. As Lara entered, the waitress raised her eyes to Lara and smiled.

"Hello there. What can I get you?" She asked in a friendly tone.

What does Lara order?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)