More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by EthanRave EthanRave

Your Path

The Akasha's darkest secret

The Akasha system was one of Sumeru's most prominent steps towards attaining wisdom and knowledge. With the Akasha research and data collection was a snap, an individual could merely search the desired information and it would be granted to them provided they had the clearance and the Akasha had the relevant resources. Additionally the Akasha could also be constantly updated with information from any source, thus allowing it to amass the largest collection of knowledge in all of Teyvat.

Yet with every light came a dark shadow, and for every benevolent use of the Akasha also came a malevolent one. The most infamous use of the Akasha was its ability to steal and manipulate dreams. There were however other darker uses. One use would be discovered by a man known as the Doctor, as he would use it to manipulate the minds of individuals in mass. Yet there was another more sinister method that had been discovered long ago, a method that was kept secret by the individuals who learnt it, not for altruistic reasons but to ensure they would never be caught.

This method was known as mind jack. It was a process developed by a scientist who had once worked on the Akasha a long time ago, allowing them to possess other individuals who possessed an Akasha. It was based on the Dendro Archon's own use of a similar ability that had been observed a while back. With this ability in hand the scientist had used to prolong his own life, moving his consciousness from body to body, assimilating the minds and knowledge of each of their host, taking the lives as others as the replaced and overwrote them.

Not many had known about this individual, they had ensured they'd erase themselves from the Akademiya's history. Most who saw the effects weren't even aware of it, thinking that their loved ones and friends had just been, taken in by their own pursuits for knowledge. This individual did not care for the personal ties or collections of the individuals they took, so long as they got a desirable body, one that could provide them with pleasure and perhaps a little bit of fame and fortune as well, and good health, they were fine.

For the most part they had been satisfied with just possessing different scholars and students who came to Akademiya, these individuals would often be able to stay close to the Akasha systems and exist in familiar territory. However with the growing tensions in the Akademiya this individual sought it best to distance themselves from the institution before things got out of hand. As fate would have it a myriad of new bodies would come to Sumeru city, from many different nations.

This provided the individual with a fantastic new opportunity. They had developed a more portable version of the Akasha to use an on individual person, specifically for their transferring. All they needed was to take a new body, grab the portable Akasha and they'd be set.

They smiled to themselves as they brought up a list of the users of the Akasha, selecting one of them the individual clicked upload and allowed the transfer process to begin. They closed their eyes saying good by to this old piece of skin they had inhabited as they were uploaded into their new form.

Who's their new host?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)