More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3

What does Michael say?

Talk with Jean.

Michael almost rolled his eyes at his older sister. It was pretty ridiculous at this point to ask if he had plans for the night. He had the same plans that he had had for every other night of this vacation: absolutely none at all. Still, she was just looking out for him. There was no reason for him to be rude to her.

"Nothing really," he said with false nonchalance. "Probably just hang out in the room. How about you?"

Jean frowned. "Can I come in?" she said. She, like her parents, had learned it was best to ask, considering how many times various members of the Murphy family had stumbled upon Michael in unfortunate situations.

"Yeah, sure," Michael said, waving her in. She did as he suggested and stepped into the room, closing the door behind her.

As always, the elder Murphy child had dressed to impress. She was wearing a floppy faux-straw hat, a white crop top, and a loose, luxurious skirt tied off at her hip. It all had a very Bohemian look, to match her many freckles and her long brown hair, which ran nearly down to her butt. Jean had become even more fit since arriving on the ship, spending every morning doing yoga by the pool.

Almost the opposite had been happening to Michael. He couldn't be sure, but with all the lounging around and all-you-can-eat buffets, he felt like he had gained a lot of weight. That was only one of the ways they differed. Their features were too similar for them to be anything but siblings, but the way that they wore them were totally different. They had the same freckles and brown hair, but paired with Michael's glasses they made him look more like a nerd than anything Bohemian.

"This whole vacation has been kinda rough for you, hasn't it?" Jean said, careful not to trample on her little brother's ego too much.

"A little," he said, not making eye contact."

"Sorry to hear that," Jean said. "Well, why don't you come out with me tonight instead of staying in?" A smile had appeared on her face that at the very least looked earnest. "I can show you how to really party before you go off to college in the fall."

Does Michael go with Jean?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)