More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by BERTIEWOOSTER BERTIEWOOSTER

What's next?

Taking Byzantra

After several days of preparation, you and your are ready to take the town. Donning your best armour you set out to address your men before the battle, you remind them not to harm the townspeople and that should they wish to loot they'd be better off stealing from the rich rulers of the town anyway. It is especially important that the townspeople support you once you take the city, they hate the current ruling class for their greed and as such are almost ready to revolted on their own. This should make it easier to assume power, but the less possibility for snags the better.

The actual battle is mostly uneventful, the Dwarvish catapults knock a hole in the wall of the settlement that you and your warriors charge through. The enemy militia quickly break and run and you make your way to the palace, the palace itself shines adorned with gold on many places of the architecture it now becomes even more obvious why the ruling class is so hated, they build structures such as this while people starve. "Such a waste" you say quietly to yourself.

Inside the palace you make short work of the guards and soon find yourself face to face with the king, an overweight man with a slimy look about him, the rumors about him aren't pleasant to say the least. More than a few involve him forcing himself on young girls in his kingdom, more out of sadism and a display of power than anything else. Not that it matters any more, the king dies today after all. He draws a sword and tries to strike you down, but is untrained, slow and imprecise the mark of someone who has had others fight for him all his life. Eventually he swings a huge downward blow at you, but you simply thrust your sword and pierce his wrist he drops his sword in agony. A swift blow to the throat stops his screaming, and the battle, at this point you have won. Now the tricky bit, diplomacy. While the people of this city will likely support you as liberators you still need some legitimatcy in the eyes of other countries, the easiest way to do this of course is marriage. Marrying the queen would give the most legitimatcy, but the people still hate her. Marrying her could send the wrong message and as such it is simply better to have her executed. Luckily the king sired a beautiful daughter, one who you think you'll go and claim now.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)