More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Danielle2722 Danielle2722

What do you do?

Take your time, rushing will just make things worse.

Pacing your breaths to stay calm, you wrap your metal hands around the bar pinning you down at the back of the spine, and slowly apply pressure with your electric muscles, emitting a quiet whirr of motors straining under the . It takes an agonizingly long time, raising the obstruction inch by inch until you eventually have enough clearance to slide backwards underneath.

You slink out and crash onto your back in one quick motion to the tune of a ripping sound. Breathing a sigh of relief while a loud crunch resounds from where you were just stuck, as the collective weight of the shuttle bears down on that point.

Springing back to your feet, you watch the position you were pinned in for a moment, trying to ascertain what came loose, before seeing your pistol holster dangling from the side of the command console. As you approach to reattach it, your attention is stolen by the sound of tearing metal. Immediately, you swing around to the rear cargo ramp, half-crouching in a fighting stance.

You see a pair of figures before you, who seem just as surprised to see you as you are to see them. The first is a tall, older man, with what seems like powerful vintage cybernetics, optimized for mining operations. His skin is tanned from years of exposure to the sun, and he is clothed in a combination of rugged leathers and scavenged corporate security gear. Behind him is a much younger man, can't be older than twenty, with no visible augmentations, dressed in a similar style and clutching a rifle. The two bear a striking resemblance to one another.

Time seems to slow down as you take in the situation in a split second thanks to your heightened reflexes. Your pistol is just out of reach, and the only way out is through. Taking them on in hand to hand would be risky, especially with a rifle in-play. The kid's no threat unless he can track you with the barrel, but the old man's gear looks strong, and it's not clear how skilled he is.

Hand-to-hand means fighting with an unknown. Go for the gun, and the boy might be able to tag you. Risk both ways.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)