More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2

Who starts off with which rings?

Susan and Troy – Two Biology Majors, studying anatomy [Both Rings]

“Hey Susan, wait up!” A familiar voice called from the length of hallway she’d just crossed, bringing the rushing coed to a stop. Turning around, she sidestepped as a classmate of hers, Troy Burningham, almost collided into her in his haste. The sound of her giggles and his screams filled the empty hall as he tripped over his feet while trying to stop, sending the nineteen year old tumbling to the ground.

Standing above him, Susan smirked down at her classmate. “Sup Troy? Clumsy as ever, I see.”

“You really should pick yourself up from the ground, or else you’ll be late for the study group.” She added, quickly tapping her foot in mock impatience while Troy groaned, slowly sitting up to massage his knee.

“Not funny Susan.” The boy chided, fighting the sudden ache in his legs. That was precisely why he’d been rushing up to the girl in the first place; so that the two of them could try and make it to their study group on time. They had a big anatomy midterm fast approaching and they’d decided to get together with a few friends to have one last big review before crunch time.

“I’ll have you know these floors don’t make for good landings.”

“I’ll keep that in mind next time I decide to fall flat on my face.” She said, already walking passed her friend. “Now come on, they’ll start wondering why we’re late.”

“Your concern means a lot to me Susan.” He called back, watching her walk away. He waited an additional second before sighing and jumping back to his feet. As he did, something shined in the light and he dropped back down, trying to get a closer look. “Oh wow!”

“Now what?” She asked annoyed, turning back. When she’d rejoined him, Troy was standing again eyes locked on something in his hand. “Whatchu got there?”

“Rings.” He said, gesturing to the pair of rings he was holding. They were both plain bands of metal, similar in their size and lack of distinctive features. In fact, the only way to distinguish them was with their color: one was bright gold while the other was an opaque silver. Beyond that, they were identical.

Susan raised an eyebrow, looking back up to Troy. “Picking junk off the ground now?”

He took the silver ring in his other hand, closing an eye as he raised it up to give it a better look. “Dunno; they seemed to sparkle for a second earlier. Think they’re important?”

“Looks like garbage to me.” The other student said as she picked up the second ring. It looked big in her hand compared to her tiny fingers. Beyond that, the ring didn’t seem all that special. Even its gold color wasn’t all that reflective and shiny now that she’d gotten a closer look. It probably wasn’t real gold.

Idly curious, she slipped it on and was shocked to see that despite its size, it seemingly fit perfectly. She gave it another look, raising her hand to inspect it. “What do you think, should we keep’em?”

“Yes. Absolutely!” He said with no hesitation, looking back at her. She raised another eyebrow, not ready to refute him. He wasn’t wrong in saying they should keep them, but she wanted to hear his reasoning.

Troy shrugged as he slipped the silver ring on his own fingers. “What is it that they say: one man’s trash is another man’s treasure?”

“No Troy – that’s not a thing.” She said, rolling her eyes. Figures he’d try and justify it with something stupid. “Now come on, we’re late.”

Not wanting to get left behind, Troy ran off after her, heading towards their study group.

Anything happen on their way there?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)