More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by smlfox smlfox

How does she reply?

Sure

"Sure!" Doe replies, excited she'll get to spend more time him. Then trying to quickly cover her excitement she says "I'd appreciate that. Where do you want to go?"

"You pick. I'll just follow you." John responds, trying to decipher the earlier excitement in her response.

John and Doe make their way into town and stop at Applebee's. Doe pulls into a parking spot, and John backs into the spot next to her. As they get out of their cars, they finally get a good look at each other in something other than the illumination of John's bug eye headlights.

"Shall we?" John says, pointing at the door and offers his elbow. He is a little amazed at how bold he is being. Normally, he is nervous around people he doesn't know, especially cute girls.

Doe links her elbow into his, smiling.

Once they get to their table, they strike up a conversation. They begin by talking about various subjects such as their colleges, hometowns, books, movies, music, and the like. They come to find out they have a lot in common. He even regales her with the story of the time he had to change the tire on his old Accord and found out the spare was flat when he tried to drive off.

John decides to steer the conversation in another direction.

"So, I couldn't help but notice your suitcase. You know, seeing as I had to take it out of your car to the spare and all." John says, flashing a childish smile to show he was joking.

Doe says that she just got a job as a nurse at the local hospital and her orientation and beginning of her training is this weekend. She tells him that she was staying in a hotel and that's where she was headed when her tire blew.

"I'm so glad you stopped to help." Doe comments.

"You seemed scared shitless when I pulled up, though." replies John.

"Well," Doe explains "I couldn't help it. A young girl stranded on the side of the road in the dark. I was scared I was going to be or killed or both."

"That makes sense." John continues by telling her that he is relatively new to the area himself. "I've only been here for about a month. I moved here to work in a day treatment program for children with mental disorders."

"Awesome." She responds.

Doe offers to pay for dinner, but John refuses and offers to pay for hers. They argue this for a few minutes before finally settling on paying for their own.

Throughout the course of dinner, they each feel a bond forming between them. Neither one says anything, though, unsure of how the other will react.

"Do you want me to follow you to your hotel...you know, just make sure nothing else happens." John offers as they walk out of the restaurant.

"Afraid I'm going to have another flat tire?" Doe jokes. "But yes, that would be nice. Thank you. I don't think it's too far from here."

Doe backs out of her spot and pulls off with John in tow.

When they reach the hotel, John tells her that he'll remain outside while she checks in.

"Just stick your head out the door and let me know you're checked in" he tells her.

What happens when they reach the hotel?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)