More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Darkfang18 Darkfang18

Which tribe shall you join?

Sulruun the Eagle

Her eyes scanned the forest as she watched her prey from the branch of a high tree. The eagle narrowed her eyes as she raised her spear and twirled it in her taloned hands. Sulruun's golden beak curved into a slight grin as she watched the large serpent lift it's head.

The suddenly she struck, the eagle tossed her spear hard into the neck of the massive scaly creature and it let out a pained hiss as it slithered about on the forest floor. Then suddenly it went limp...

Sulruun dropped from her perch and folded her wings into her back, they slipped under the vest she wore over her avian form. The eagle drew her curving knife from her belt and stepped forth.

She slashed a wide arc into the giant snake and cut out a huge piece of meat. Then others of her kind swooped down from the trees all wearing similar leather vests and pants. Some of the eagles had bows, while others had spears.

Sulruun turned to her older sister, Vala. The white feathered female eagle nodded to her sibling and remarked "well done dear sister."

"Thank you Vala, I waited with confidance in this hunt and it paid off."

Sulruun's dark brown feathers stood up a bit, she had golden yellow eyes and was only a few inches shorter then her sister. However, Sulruun was considered to be much more beautiful then Vala. Both male and female eagles alike had tried to seduce Sulruun, but she had to wish to b8nd herself to one lover. Not as long as she could help it.

The eagle leaned on her spear a bit as the other cut out meat from the giant snake and stuffed it in small straw baskets. They then turned and started following one by one to the south where Feather-Fall village was.

It har been Sulruun's home for as long as she could remember... She yawned and cocked her head at the sky, the sun's bright rays shined through thr tree branches above.

Her sister planted her hand on Sulruun's shoulder and chuckled before remarking "if you keep staring at the sky it just might take you away."

"That's nonsense, there is no such thing as a sky demon." Sulruun declaired and laughed with her sister. But the laughter was suddenly cut off by a loud explosion off in the distance. The booming sound is followed by another and another.

Vala gasped with her beak wide open and said "that's coming from the direction of the village. We have to make sure the others are alright! Come Sulruun!"

Will Sulruun hurry to the village?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)