More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by wicker wicker

How does the meeting go?

Strangely

Dana had on a black pant suit, white blouse, and black neck tie. She wore black flats as well. She arrived early to get her presentation for a new money saving organizational scheme. She double and triple checked her stats and figures. At 9:00, she left her office with her folder full of handouts.

She walked into the boardroom. She was the only woman in the meeting today as the other female, Kate Beech, was on vacation. In the board room was Mr. Essex, the CEO, Mr. Ford, the CFO, and four junior executives. They had all arrived early and were jovially chatting.

"Good morning," said Dana.

The men looked up. They gave her strange looks, looks of a mix of annoyance, disappointment, and eye rolls.

"Dana," said Mr. Essex, "Um, why don't you get us some coffee."

Dana laughed, thinking it was a joke. She took her normal seat.

"Dana, seriously, get us some coffee," said Mr. Essex.

"Seriously, dress like a dowdy maid, and get treated like one," said Mark Browner, the junior executive seated next to her.

"What's next, a onsie and an pacifier?" said Donald Ward, another junior executive.

"What's going on?" Asked Dana. "Is this a joke?"

"Dana, we can't take you seriously in that get up," said Mr. Essex. "Get us coffee or just go back to doing whatever it is a woman dressed like that does."

Dana felt like she was going to cry, but she kept a stiff upper lip.

what does she do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)