More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by merkros merkros

What's next?

Story FAQ and Information

Hello and welcome to the story FAQ and information section! This will be the location to look at for information regarding this "Dragon's World" and the inhabitants within it.

First off, I'd like to emphasize that this is sort of a weird thing in various ways. I got an itch to write a "dragon creation myth" about a month back, but it was something that just kind of started building up until it reached a crescendo last Tuesday and I just had to start writing it. Now that it's done, I can't really promise what will come after.

However, on the off chance that some aspiring writer wants to start writing, or I decide to continue, I thought I'd put together a bit of a (not so) Frequently Asked Questions list:

What is A Dragon's World?
The start of A Dragon's World is a creation myth for the world conceptualized by the resident dragons. At the beginning, the only two creatures alive are the two deities of their religion: Kelzor the Earth God and Mirromas the Moon Goddess. They travel the world until they meet, they bang, and the race of dragons come to be. Kelzor sinks into a massive lava sea and Mirromas leaves for the moon.

Is there going to be more?
I've thought about it and at the time, I have no intentions of continuing the story, but that could always change, or some other writer could contribute. This could change tomorrow for all I know, but I've done what I set out to do: Poorly write a weird dragon fetish creation myth.

So...is everyone a dragon?
Dragons are by and far the dominant species in this world. They would take the narrative position that Humanity has in most fantasy novels. Dragons dominate the world, have the most relevant realms, and probably keep any other race from becoming powerful due to being dragons. Other races exist, but they aren't a focus.

Did Kelzor survive?
Honestly, that depends on what you define being alive as referred to about a metaphysical being. Surely the religious beliefs of the resident dragons hold him in a deific position so in the concept of the fact that he's still being worshipped as if he is alive...chugging along in the center of the earth causing earthquakes and eruptions. He is alive...
In reality? He doesn't exist.
Probably.

Dragons are lizards, why is Mirromas' sex parts described as if they were more mammalian(with anus and a vagina) than reptilian(with a cloaca)?
Mirromas and all dragons that I will ever write about all have anatomically "incorrect" sex parts. There are two reasons for this:
1.) It's more relatable to a broader audience
2.) Cloacae are actually the most disgusting orifices in existence. Don't touch them and wash your hands after handling your reptiles, amphibians, and birds.

So you like dragons then? That's kind of weird, isn't it?
A bit. It's something that I don't really get to express that often. There isn't exactly a large community of people into that here on CHYOA.

Why did you post it here on CHYOA rather than on a site where it would probably do better like Fur Affinity?
I've thought about posting it on Fur Affinity, but honestly, I spend most of my writer time on Chyoa and it's the site I'm most comfortable with. Also, there's always the chance that some other writer will come along and write their own story using this one as a basis. So...here it is.

Update: I have posted it on Fur Affinity now! here's where you can find it : https://www.furaffinity.net/view/39133835/

Your writing is awful and looks like it was written by a 10-year-old.
Yes, it does. Also, that's not a question!

If you're not planning on continuing the story, why are you making this chapter?
In case I ever change my mind. I want the FAQ/Information chapter to be first and I learned from A Fantasy Dynasty that it not being first can cause problems when new writers want to add to your story and the information chapter gets stuck in the middle of the choices where it doesn't belong.
Also, it's sort of one last hurrah while it's considered a 'new story'. If there's never any new chapters added, then this story will likely sink to the bottom of the website and never be seen again. I figured I'd give one final chance for people who might be interested to give it a read and like/favorite it if it's something that they like and who knows?

__If it gets enough likes, I may write more chapters for it. ;)

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)