More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Naive Naive

What kind of mind control is it

Steam-powered glass-ball of deduction

You might be asking: But what is a steam-powered glass ball of deduction? Well, my ugly friend; explaining that is kind of the point of the story, isn't it? It could have been this subtle little thing I showed throughout the plot, gradually building up my audience's understanding from scratch, thus utilizing the premise to its fullest.

But nooo! You all decided there had to be an "introductory chapter" that introduces the reader to whichever random-ass superpower one decides to grant the main character.

It's a glass ball in the guy's arm that builds up magic juice whenever he does smarts and then releases some super-steam that does whatever I want it to do for the sake of the plot, OK? See how lame that was? What's even the point of that?

The reason you write introductory chapters is so that people can branch out with their own stories based on your concept; however, who the fuck's gonna want to branch out on "Steam-powered glass ball of deduction," or "Sexual Energy manipulation/ Meta-demon hybrid physiology"? You sure as hell weren't.

Even something like "Wishful Thinking/Reality Modification" โ€” which OK, someone might want to try that โ€” throw stuff like:

"Three wishes every twenty-four hours [...] Though, while it is possible to make anything come to pass, the more that must be changed to fulfill the wish, the more energy it will inevitably cost. And if at any point thou loses consciousness due to thy's own power; all wishes will be spontaneously undone."(DogGuy)

โ€”into the mix to aid their own whack story, and suddenly you're like: "Hmmm, I think I'd rather just create my own story without those restrictions. Oh, and why is this try-hard using the word thy? What a loser, lol"

You could be a dumb guy, and say you need an introduction so that people just scrolling through can judge at a glance whether the story is for them, but I say fuck those guys! I don't write stories for people who get click-baited that easily.

In fact-

How does the story start?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)