More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Jyger85 Jyger85

Whose perspective would you like to follow?

Starslip’s perspective.

Cassie's mind was awash with a million different thoughts as she flew through the night sky over Star Lake. She knew exactly where she was heading, who she was going to see. And the closer she got to her destination, the colder her body seemed to turn, and the harder her heart beat in her chest. She wanted, with every fibre of her being, to turn around and fly away, to pretend this idea never once entered her mind and act as though she wasn't about to make the worst decision in her young life. But she couldn't. In a part of her soul that she couldn’t admit to anyone else that she had, she wanted this.

After what felt like hours of flying, but was likely less than 20 minutes at best, the Intangible Starslip reached her destination: Tammy Alfonso's newest hideout. Looking through the window to her office, she could see Fonzie sitting there, leaning back in her chair. She looked to be relaxing a bit, no doubt after a long, hard night of paying off crooked cops and who knows what else.

Looking at her hated enemy through the office window, the Violet Vision felt her whole body tense up. She found herself floating down in front of it, unable to will herself to leave, and yet, unable to pass through. As such, staying hovering there, it was all too inevitable for Fonzie to spot her in the reflection of her computer screen, just as she'd turned it off and was about to call it a night.

At first, Starslip watched as Tammy started to reach into her sleeve for one of her knives, no doubt expecting a fight. However, the mob boss noticed something about Cassie: The hesitance in her body language. Even with her mask on and her hair partially obscuring her face, Cassie was sure that Fonzie could see a terrible blush forming across her face. She was also fidgeting slightly, her fingers curling and uncurling.

Observing all of this, Alfonso spun around in her chair to face She Who Slips Through Star Lake, surprising the blonde. The crime boss then reached out her index finger and made a "come here" gesture, making the Violaceous Victor feel a bit ill. The urge to leave was stronger than it had ever been up until that point. She could hear a voice in her head screaming at her to turn around and fly away, and to pretend that this night never happened. But another voice told her to phase through the window into the office, and neither would be silent, meaning she could only act on whichever urge was being voiced the loudest in her mind.

What did Starslip do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)