More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by BiBiComte BiBiComte

Who starts off with which rings?

Stanley, 20-year-old clerk [Both Rings]

Stanley was working the check-out today, because Jessica had the colds. But he knew she was probably out on the coast getting drunk under a a smattering of blindness-inducing spotlights or six. She even told him as much in the break room the other week. Suffice it to say, she was candid when she wanted to be. Other days, she was as cold as his pa's old shoulder.

Under a gravelly groan, he rolled out of bed, checking the time. It was still morning, but he was running a few minutes behind. He reluctantly got up and prepared his self... for presentability's sake.

Once he had washed up and slipped into a mundane set of shirt and jeans, he dropped his phone into his pocket.

clink!

Piqued, Stanley felt his pocket from the outside and dug his hand back in. When he pulled it back out, two rings were in his hand.

"Rings?" They didn't look like his. Plus he never kept any to begin with. Wasn't really his style.

Puzzlement adorned the flat-haired man's face, doubt in his features. He thought back to last night. He and a couple other folks had been at his smoky Latina friend Gabriella's house for a casual movie and grill-out meet with some late-night card games to cap it off. Some cocktails were passed around and the group ended up making a mess of the place. Could he have somehow slipped up and taken someone else's rings by accident without paying attention?

"I'll ask one of them later," he mumbled to himself. He began to put the rings away, but paused. He liked the look of them. It was corny, but having jewelry on you, well... it could make you stand out, couldn't it? Give that pinch of extra flair? Stanley wasn't exactly . But he was open-minded enough to try new things.

He shrugged and decided to try one on. One was gold, the other was silver. Both seemed to give off an otherworldly, nearly mystical shine. Both seemed to to be a perfect fit. Both still looked like an everyday pair of humdrum accessories.

Which does he put on?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)