More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 43 by TheOptimisticDuck TheOptimisticDuck

What's next?

Someone's blocking your way...

There’s a tall, lean Korean guy standing in front of you, and on his face is a very unpleasant smile.

In his hand, there’s the glint of a knife.

‘Let’s take a walk,’ he says softly, and you curse yourself a thousand times inside your head for not looking where you were going.

For fuck’s sake. The best way to walk away from a fight is to not get into one in the first place.

And you were having such a good day.

The alley you’re standing in is dark, tucked between two buildings, and part of you notes automatically that this guy is a cut above your average mugger. He’s chosen his spot well – this part of town is hidden away enough that there’s no chance you’ll be seen. And hidden behind a rusty fire escape, you didn’t spot him until it was too late.

Also, it’s daylight. That means he’s confident… which probably means he’s done this before.

And succeeded.

…All of this plays out more-or-less automatically on one level of your brain, while the rest of it has dropped straight into fight mode.

If this guy thinks you’re an easy mark, he’s in for an unfortunate surprise.

The guy’s still talking as he herds you further down the alley, but you’re not really listening; it’s the usual shit about taking things nice and easy and keeping your mouth shut. A checklist, burned into your brain by hours of training, flashes up:

One, don’t let the predator move you to a more secluded location.

Well, you’ve already fucked that one up by taking this shortcut in the first place. It’s just you and him in the alley, and you haven’t passed anyone on the sidewalk for at least ten minutes; it’s still too early in the morning for most people. Rescue seems unlikely.

Two, don’t underestimate your opponent.

You have no idea how good the guy in front of you is. And just from the way this guy moves – relaxed, easy, like he’s in complete control of his body – you’re guessing at least one martial art. Maybe a few.

And if he’s holding a blade, he probably knows how to handle it.

…If you’re really unlucky, he’s trained in mixed martial arts as well, in which case there is absolutely no guarantee that this is a fight you can win.

Three, when asked to choose between your money or your life, PICK YOUR FUCKING LIFE.

Or, to be more precise, throw your wallet in the opposite direction, and run.

What do you do?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)