More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Ranko Ranko

How does Lu want to spend his time?

Solo, for now

Lu decided against human interaction for now. Today was a day for lazing about and enjoying TV before he became immune to the entertainment abilities of Summer programming. His Mom had left for the Airport last night, allowing him to wake up around noon-ish, have a bowl of cereal, then plop himself down in his favorite giant leather chair to let the mind-numbing forces of Television to over-take him.

The hours melted away as Lu watched countless reruns of nearly everything on Comedy Central. Hunger slowly set in, leading him to the kitchen where he tossed a bowl of Spaghetti-O's into the microwave before heading over to the fridge. He took a moment to admire his own reflection in the polished chrome surface of the refrigerator, playfully indulging his narcissistic side. He brushed his shaggy black hair to uncover his vibrant green eyes. He admired his athletic, 5'10" runner's physique and smirked a bit. He looked pretty good, even if he was making goofy model poses in a dirty t-shirt and boxers to his own reflection.

He finally stopped messing around and poked his head in the fridge to find something to drink, "Let's see.. what do we have?" Lu asked aloud as he poked through the different jars and tupperware. Out of all of the things his Mom had bought to keep him fed for these two weeks it seems she had forgotten soda or any kind of drink, really. He kicked himself for using the last of the milk on his cereal.

The only thing left, drink-wise, was a partially empty box of his Mom's diet milkshakes. They were the kind she advertised on TV. Lu had the occasional discussion with her about the ethical issues of preying on people's' insecurities, but they both agreed that it paid the bills and it's not really that bad in the grand scheme. He didn't think twice about grabbing them since his Mom had a literal crate-load of them in the garage since she got them for free as part of her advertising work. There were 3 cans left in the case so Lu grabbed the whole box, snatched his bowl of Spaghetti-O's from the microwave, and headed back to his seat.

Lu picked out one of the cans from its case and examined it curiously. Were plain, skinny aluminum can, just enough volume for a few sips, with the words, "Curves: Female weight loss shake," printed vertically on it. Giving a shrug, he popped it open and took a short sip. He mimicked the Pepsi, ''Ahhhh!!.." and chuckled to himself as he took another swig. The stuff actually tasted pretty good, like a brownie smoothie with a slight chalky aftertaste, and with a taste like that it was no wonder that his Mom drank at least two cans a day.

He quickly polished off several more cans while watching TV and eating his lunch and gave a satisfied belch to announce this. It wasn't that Lu was necessarily a glutton, just that he was prone to abusing his questionable teen metabolism with big meals. He crumpled up the last can and pitched it into the emptied box with a whispered, "He shoots..! He scores!"

With the food finished off, and TV already getting boring Lu was unsure what to do with himself. He could feel his eyes drooping and sleepiness settling in, which was bothersome, but he figured if he just got up, maybe went out to do something at the mall, or a friends house, it would pass in a moment.

Basic needs met, what next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)