More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Uh-Oh Uh-Oh

Sniff-Sniff or Back Away?

Smell the flower

Having an adventurous, maybe stupid, attitude at the moment, Grey decided against his better judgment and decided to smell the very colorful flower. He lifted himself off the ground and crawled on his hands and knees closer to the flower. He stopped when his face was just a foot away from it.

It had many little plant veins all over it. The bright orange lines came from the stalk and went up to the flower part, turning into a rainbow of color. This flower didn’t seem natural at all, seeing that it was 1½ feet tall, had violet leaves, and looked like a tie-dye T-shirt made into an intricate plant.

“Man, a pot head would have a field day with this thing…” Grey wasn’t a pothead, and yet he was mesmerized by all the colors. He had the irresistible urge to just sniff it; just a little bit. So, he drew closer to it. He saw the little veins going into the flower’s head had some sort of fluid in them, which was continuously pumping into and out of the head. It went into the petals orange and left as a dark red.

Grey looked down into the flower. It didn’t have any stamens, so it was a rare only-female plant. And this plant was all alone in this plain of grass and ground flowers. He looked back into it and saw that the pistil was glowing faintly orange. I looked closer, like a bug attracted to a bug zapper. Then, his nose caught something in the air.

It smelled… Well, Grey didn’t know what it really smelled like. It was something completely foreign to him. He could best describe it as… musky and sweet. Even though it seemed overpowering, it was extremely alluring to him and drew him back. He sniffed again, and the smell filled his lungs. He exhaled slowly, not wanting the smell to escape from his body.

He leaned in closer, his nose slowly going into the flower. Each breath he took filled his body with the odd plant’s musk. He stopped thinking about anything else in the world. He forgot where he was, though he never knew where he was in the first place. He forgot where he was going and what the field looked like. All he knew was this flower and how he wanted to smell it more.

Grey never knew what it was like to be high. The closest he ever got to that was when he stepped into the bathroom and his high school and found it full of smoke and very lively stoned people. That wasn’t pleasant at all; the smoke hurt his eyes and it didn’t smell good. But now, Grey was clearly intoxicated with this plant. His eyes rolled back in his head and his body tingled with delight. He couldn’t feel his body at all, and he didn’t care, until-

Huh?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)