More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Ben Rosewood Ben Rosewood

Who will be my next roommate?

Shy Girl Sila Turan

About a week later, I'm meeting with a potential roommate at my door. She's a voluptuous little thing, with a flow of wavy black hair and caramel skin. Combine that with her round reading glasses and nervous smile, she screams 'wallflower' in the cutest way possible. Next to her is an older man who I assume is her father, considering they share the same skin tone and brown eyes. He smiles at me and says "Hey. Are you Roxy?"

"That's me." I look to the girl. "This must be Sila."

"Hey there." She whimpers, almost as a whisper. Despite how foreign she looks, she speaks in an American accent, just like the other man.

"And I'm Nabil, her father."

"Pleasure to meet you two. Why don't you come on in?"

"Of course. C'mon Sila."

I lead the two inside the passageway, where I say "So someone's moving out?"

"Yeah. My little girl's going to college." Nabil comments.

"Oh cool. What are you studying?"

"I want to become a teacher. Only just started college." Sila states.

"Fair enough. So shall we take the tour?"

"Sounds good to me."

I start with the kitchen on the right, which leads to the dining room. Next, we enter the living room through the door on our right. Once done we loop back to the passageway, where I show them the bathroom between the living room and kitchen. Finally, I show her the bedroom she will be staying in (if she decides to move in), and head back to the dining room.

"So can I get you anything?" I ask.

"I'm fine. Thanks." Nabil replies.

"Same." Sila states.

"No problem." I take a seat and look to my potential roommate. "So, I know you're studying, but do you have work?"

"Yeah. I work at my father's cafe, and I do some freelance writing too."

"I'm assuming that's stable?" I ask Nabil.

"Yep. She's my best worker."

"Just wanna make sure you can keep up with rent."

Nabil raises an eyebrow. "Was there an issue with the last roommate?"

"Well yeah. I mean he did have the money but he didn't exactly acquire it in the most legal of ways."

"Oh. Well, I'm not really cut out for a life of crime." Sila jests, to which her father chuckles.

Didn't think it would be Sila. "How do you feel about parties? I get you've got studies and I'm cool with working around that, but I also like to have fun."

"Well sure. Nothing wrong with that I suppose."

"Cool. I'll make sure to give you warning before anything happens. Don't wanna mess up your college."

"Right."

"So what do you think?" Nabil says.

"Yeah, I like it."

"It's your choice dear."

"Well, we've got other places to see, but uh-"

"We'll get back to you." Nabil says.

"Totally."

Does Sila move in with me?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)