More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by FredWeasleyLives1 FredWeasleyLives1

Do I get together with Leah?

Setting the date

I have just told my friends Mark and Ben that I don't love them and I love my business partner Leah instead. Actually, I didn't have to tell them about my love for Leah. All of my friends seem to be able to look into my heart and see my innermost feelings and I was the last one to know which one of my suitors that I would go towards. I have one more problem to deal with. I am nervous about confessing my feelings to Leah. What if she doesn't love me as much as I love her? I don't think that my heart would be able to handle the rejection.

I went back into my apartment distracted by all of my feelings and just leaned against the wall. I have just enough alertness to realize that Keo shut off the movie that we have been watching a long time ago. None of us has been up to watching movies with all of the distractions running around here. I know that I certainly am not in the mood to watch a movie even if that movie was my favorite Home Alone 3. The only thing that I can do is to blow a breath through my lips which demonstrates my mood to everyone in the room. My outburst was quickly followed by Brooke rubbing my right arm.

"Are you okay?" our resident fitness expert asked.

"I suppose," I muttered.

"Should I break out the ice cream?" Brooke offered.

"Ice cream works just great when you lose one of your shoes, but you need something a lot stronger when you have to break two of your friends' hearts on the same day," I refused.

"Sometimes things like that can't be helped," Brooke debated. "I am sure that you did your best to spare their feelings."

"Do you know what you need?" Sereena asked me with a scheming smile.

"What?" I urged.

"Take this phone and see if Leah is busy tonight," Sereena ordered while picking up the phone and extending it towards me. "I bet she will be able to pick you off the floor."

I took the phone in my right hand as the beginnings of a smile started to appear on my face. Sereena really had a good idea. I was about to dial the first number when I remembered that it would be a little harder for me to get Leah alone from now on. Leah is the guardian of her rambunctious little sister Andi which will make things a little more complicated. Since I know that Andi will be in Leah apartment, I just lower the phone and sigh.

"Now what's the matter?" Sereena grumbled in frustration.

"Andi is with her," I clarified.

"I will gladly offer my services as a babysitter if it means that you get to spill your guts to your future girlfriend so call her already," Sereena debated.

"Okay, you win," I conceded while lifting the receiver back up to my right ear.

"I always win," Sereena gloated with her arms folded across her chest.

I nervously started dialing the numbers which was difficult since my hand was shaking. I received a little bit of embarrassment when I dialed a wrong number. I resolved to try again but only made the problem worse when I got a second wrong number. That was when my friend wearing the jean jacket grabbed the phone in a peak of aggravation.

"Let me do it or we'll be here all night," Sereena growled. "What's Leah's number?"

"555-4421," I answered.

"There is no need to be nervous," Brooke consoled while patting my right shoulder. "You know that Leah loves you."

"Brooke, watching your group is so much more exciting than watching reality tv," Keo laughed.

"It's ringing!" Sereena announced while quickly handing me the phone.

"Hello," Leah spoke through the phone.

"It's me," I squeamishly spoke.

"It's always good to hear from you, Sadie," Leah cooed. Just the sound of her voice makes me feel alive.

"I was wondering if you were busy tonight," I wondered.

"What did you have in mind?" Leah pressed.

"Sereena is available to babysit so I was wondering if you would like to go someplace with me so we could talk in private," I offered.

"I'll tell you what," Leah bargained. "I don't feel like leaving the apartment tonight, but if you two can get here by seven, I will let Sereena take Andi to the arcade."

"We'll be right there!" I replied with glee while hanging up the phone.

"What's going on?" Sereena badgered.

"How do you feel about the arcade?" I wondered.

"It's been a while since I've been there, but I will be glad to go tonight if it is in the name of love," Sereena mused.

"I'll grab my purse!" I blared while hurrying to my room.

I felt like I was on cloud nine as I fetched my beige purse from on top of my dresser. All of the possibilities that could happen tonight ran through my head. As of now, Leah was just my friend and my business partner. After tonight, she might be so much more. I gave myself a quick once over in front of my full-length mirror to make sure everything was in place and I headed back to the living room.

"I hate to mention this, but I am a little short right now," Sereena implored.

"Okay, I'll give you a ten spot," I conceded while fetching the money from my purse.

"I want all of the deets later," Brooke insisted as Sereena and I went out the door.

What do Leah and I do together?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)