More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by b12moguj b12moguj

More info or go meet the revels?

Setting and races

Setting:

It is a medieval fantasy happening on real world locations, mainly focused on western Europe (Portugal, UK, although countries doesn't keep their names). Rhemori nations and their population and it inhabitants, armies and governments fled their home countries in center Europe a millennium ago after the Ni invasion and marched to conquer the western Europe, once governed by Elflings and inhabited by dwarves and halflings as well. They succeeded in the continent first and after the capital at Lutecia fell, taking britanic islands were easy then, thus, The Rhemori Colony were established and kept Lutecia as the capital. The Rhemori Colony was a feudal based opressive government to both natives races and commoner rhemori. During the last few centuries a revolution took place in the Ni Empire, the armies, tired of and war and the common folk angry for centuries of hunger became allies overturn and split the empire into democratic republics. Being the nis an invasion threat no more, our protagonist Eugène as military head and second in command and his leader and childhood friend, Warren, the richest merchant in The Rhemori Colony took the nis’ example and succeeded at your own revolution except Warren had other plans, he had bribed your armies to betray Eugène and have him killed and founded The Rhemori Dominion a dictatorial nation even more oppressive then the previous one. But this is not the end, the rhemori folk is cursed and those who committed a felony are resurrected but not quite the ReBorn suffer for an unending pain and cannot rest in peace until they atone for their guilt, and unintentionally helping to create a dictatorship made Eugène a ReBorn.

Races:

Ni(s): they are uncommon to see in the west, as they are original from Asia and Eastern Europe, some of them are inmigrants in the west and usually work as mercenaries. Most the time they are just bright red skinned humans, but they can morph into tall and bulky orcs with oni facial features. Excellent knights when morphed. No magic besides morphing into orc-oni. They are not full right citizens in the Colony/Dominion, but neither are them pariahs as elflings and dwarves.

Elfling(s): not your standard elf. Sure, their ears are long and spiky and so are their lives long, but they are physically more similar to Divinity’s elves: tall and really thin and non-muscular. All of them are able to use Nature Magic (although some are trained as mage while others can use just the simplest spells) which allows them to use living beings (plants and animals) aid to combat their enemies. Their leader is a political, magic and religious leader, more often than not, female. Their religion is based in the gods and godesses of nature.

During the Rhemori Invasion Queen-Archdeacon Ilyrana cursed both rhemor to eternal guilt, causing the ReBorn curse, and the halflings for betrayal and joining the rhemor in war to extinction, causing them to always be born female.

After the war they scattered into nature (forests, mountains, plains, rivers...) where each clan have their leader.

Rhemor, remors (race), rhemorus, rhemori (demonym for rhemors after they moved to western lands): they are standard humans except for their three sexes, male, female and hermaphrodite. Hermaphrodites have under average male/female features (smaller hips, breasts, dick...) and both penis and vagina, they can shape into single sex which is needed for them to get pregnant on get someone else pregnant and accentuates the sex specific features. Hermaphrodites have usually names ending in ‘a’ and four letters long or shorter, they often go by a different name when they morph.

They can use sacred magic (injury healing, light blingding, light beams…) as long as they pray, however they have not a religion so they have no religious doctrine to serve Oerin, god of light for some, goddess of medicine for others.

Halfling(s): once second class citizens under elfling rulership, they betrayed their nation by letting the rhemori ships cross the halflings defensive lines into the britain lands where elfling government retreated when Lutecia fell. Ilyrana made sure they paid for that, so no male were borne from a halfling woman any more. Therefore no true halfling exist anymore, all of them are rhemor-halfling hybrid, but halfling redundant genome makes them still recognizable nowadays: just a head shorter than a human, their hair not only covers the head, as grows from a thin spire from the spine in the neck and between the shoulder blades. They have no religion and use arcane (elemental) magic. Although they are as oppressed as rhemori commoner, they are citizens of the Colony/Dominion and not pariahs as elflings and dwarves.

Dwarves: your standard dwarf. Feeling betrayed by elfling government after they fled to britain letting dwarves on their own, they retreated to their caves and are isolationist and have grown suspicious of other races. Material Magic: dwarven crafts are more durable, sturdy and sharp than any equipment forged by other races. They believe in the married gods, Thalgatin god of steel and Thidathra goddess of stone, they symbolize family and protection. Sacrificing yourself to protect friends and family is the most sacred deed for dwarves, another reason the elflings fleeing was frowned upon to dwarves.

Characters so far:

Eugène Lecomte: Male ReBorn. Born in Autissiodorum, resurrected in the outskirts of Lutecia at the age of 52. Married with Dara. Paladin: sword and healing magic. Military strategic mind. 5 ft 7 in. Blonde, pale.

Dara Guzmán: Hermaphrodite rhemor. Born in Tarraco. Lives in Masilia with Eugène (they are in an open marriage) and their daughter Clara. 47 yo. Goes by Darna when morphed into female and Darae when male. Light sorceress. 5’2’’. Dark haired, tanned.

Clara Lecomte: Female rhemor born in Masilia. 21 yo. Although she has a boyfriend she is in an incestuous relationship with her parents as well. Healer. 5’1’’. Blonde, pale.

Fabio Pereira: Male rhemor born in Cale. Studied hot to be a blacksmith in Masilia where he met Clara. He is aware and often joins to Clara’s family fun. He is of no use in battle aside from his untrained but strong fists. 24 yo. 5’4’’. Bronw hair, tanned.

Melba Hofville: female ‘halfling’. Daughter to a single mother. Two-faced woman. Merchant, con artist, rogue and spy. She overhears Eugène’s conversation a helps him meet the rebel cell. 31 yo. 4’4’’. A black mane growing from the top of her head to the middle of her back standing out the neck of her doublet and collected into a braid reaching her ass. A knife tied to each side of her belt. Pale

Pelork and Rehe: spokespeople of dwarfs and elflings respectively within the rebel cell near Masilia. Not important characters in the long term.

Nodgrut: male dwarf blacksmith guild and Construction Guild headmaster. Komak, Perlok and Derna’s father, leader of cliff dwarves close to out of old age. 115 yo, white long hair and bear, 5’1’’.

Derna (Dernobena): female dwarf mage blacksmith and two-handed battleaxe warrior. Cliff dwarves leader successor candidate. 55 yo, long blonde hair arranged on twin braids, 4’ 7’’.

Lostryd: female dwarf, headmistress of merchant guild and Provision Guild. Komak’s mother. 83 yo, graying redhead, 4’6’’.

Komak: male dwarf merchant. Cliff dwarves leader successor candidate. 50 yo, short haired redhead. 4’8’’.

That's about it

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)