More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Impregmaniac Impregmaniac

Pick a story.

Serum 34b. (Teens, Body Transformation, Obscene body proportions, WTF? Finished story.)

Some scientific discoveries were never meant to get out to the public. As Eugene and Debbie would soon unfortunately discover.

In their hangout spot/lair, the abandoned warehouse across the way from the comic shop, the two friends stared at the black attache case on the table, barely registering the sirens of the emergency vehicles in the near distance. Wiping sweat away from his second chin, Eugene reached out to the catches, but his clammy fat thumbs couldn't quite a good grip to unlock them. "I can't,..." he panted roughly, scrunching up his face to move his glasses back up the bridge of his nose.

"I got it, I got it," Debbie sniffed, in her nasally voice. Spinning the case around, she bared her uneven teeth at it and her slightly thinner fingers flit about the catches. It clicked open loudly, and the pair of friends looked to each other and swallowed loudly. Opening the case, they looked reverently at the small syringes of clear liquid, amongst the other medical supplies. "What, what do you think it does?" she asked quietly.

Eugene shook his head. "I dunno," he admitted, "but it's gotta be something big right? I mean, there were like, five tough looking guys next to that doctor or researcher. You, you don't get that kind of security if it's just ordinary ."

"You don't know that!" she countered, sharply. "It, it, it could be his insulin shots or something!"

"In a case like that? With that many suits around? Get real." he replied, waving her off. His eyes drifted off to the side, and he spotted the comic shop's banner. "I bet it's some like, top secret superhuman serum that the government's been working on."

Debbie just scoffed and turned her head at him, dismissing it as a preposterous idea. Frowning, he snorted loudly, snatched at a rubber tube in the case, and started tying it off around his arm. "Gene, what are you doing?"

"What's it look like I'm doing?" he grunted, pulling the tourniquet tight with his teeth, before reaching out for an swab. "I'm gonna make myself a superhero."

"Are you crazy!?" she shrieked, slamming the case shut before he could get anything else. "It's not going to make you a superhero Eugene!"

"How do you know that it won't?!" he yelled back, making her flinch. "I'm diabetic anyway. If it's just insulin, it's not gonna do anything to me. I just..." he let out a tired sigh and his shoulders sank. "Do you know how many fat superheros there are, Debs? Zero. Zip. Zilch. If this gives me some freak fatty powers, it'll... it'll stop us getting picked on."

Seeing him miserable always tugged at her. Letting out her own tired sigh, Debbie thought long before finally relenting. "Fine. But I'm doing this with you. One for all the fat girls too. And if it is just insulin, call me an ambulance." Eugene nodded vigorously as she opened the case once more.

A minute later, their hearts pounded loudly as their thumbs hovered over the plungers. One more nervous glance was shared between them, before they pushed down at the same time, injecting the mystery liquid into their bodies.

They waited for some time with bated breath, anticipating agonizing pain or for flames to shoot out of their fingers, but nothing seemed to be happening. "Are you... feeling... anything?" Eugene asked, rubbing at his eye, hoping for a laser to blast out from it.

"No... not really. Kind of, kind of hungry a little bit, but..." she replied, stifling a yawn. "More, more tired than anything."

"Yeah, yeah, me too," he yawned back. "Man. Duds. Oh well." Clicking his tongue, he shook his head and rested it on his arms on the table. "I'm, I'm gonna crash right here. You, you take the couch. It's more comfy..." He barely caught her sleepy reply before falling into a deep sleep.


Author's warning.

Q: How weird is this going to get?

A: Yes.

What happened when they woke up?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)