More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Rereese7 Rereese7

Who are you

Serana, A Forgotten Goddess

This land has had many religions since the first day. Many Gods and Goddesses have been forgotten, their temples lost to ruin and their followers passing on. Some were lost from other, more aggressive religions that believed theirs to be superior. But one was forgotten for a whole different reason.

Serana was the Goddess of chaos. She enjoyed causing problems for any and all, wanting to see the world burn. Her followers consisted of all types, from bandits to common folk, warriors to outcasts. There were even some who lived in royalty that worshiped her secretly.

Her temple was deep in the desert, a place that could claim the lives of any who weren't fit enough to make the journey. Between the monsters and the weather, there were very few who ever made it to her temple. Those that did, however, were rewarded greatly.

She would embed some of her power into them, giving them unnatural and random abilities. And her only request... was to go forth and cause destruction and chaos with them. So they would do her bidding while also telling others of her. Even those that didn't make the journey to her could still give her power by worshiping her. She grew stronger with every new worshiper.

Eventually, other religions and kingdoms grew wary of her power, worried that she'd succeed in destroying civilization and the world as they know it. Many of them formed together and journeyed into the desert to destroy her temple. Serana called her followers to defend her temple, warning them that if it was destroyed, they'd lose their abilities.

After a long battle between Serana's followers and the opposing forces, the armies managed to defeat them. Then they attacked the Goddess herself with magic from many different priests and holy persons. They couldn't kill her, for no one could kill a God or Goddess. So they imprisoned her inside an amulet and destroyed her temple. They tore it apart, brick by brick, making sure to erase all evidence of her existence. Then they buried her amulet deep under the ruins, making sure no one could find it.

But things that are buried never stay that way. Through time, the world would shift and change, just like all things. And she'd be found once again.

Who finds her?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)