More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Hollin Hollin

What is your station?

Security Officer

Thankfully, you were already near the bridge when the alarms began to sound...so you walked onto the bridge just as the image of a massive alien vessel resolved on the forward view screens. Striding quickly to your position at the weapons console, you relieved the Ensign on duty. "Major Elissa Hathaway, code A13B9," you whispered...unlocking the panel's functions and allowing you to begin your duties.

The motions of the other crew members did not distract you in the slightest as you began your tactical assessment of the vessel facing you. You had already come to the same conclusion as the late arriving Science Officer about the alien's combat capabilities, even before she announced them in response to the Captain's query. This was going to be a tough nut to crack if the situation demanded it, you thought to yourself. But you were quietly confident...both in the Jaeger's abilities and your own at the same time.

The aliens had other ideas, however, and you were nearly knocked off your feet as the ship tossed about violently. "Bastards," you thought to yourself, even as the Science Office confirmed the blow had come from the unknown ship. "Shields at 59%, Sir," you confirmed, a bit alarmed at how much damage the one volley had done. "Return Fire!" the Captain ordered...your fingers moving over the console almost before the command finished to unleash the Jaeger's firepower on the enemy. Much to your dismay, everything you could throw at them was doing very little to damage the enemy. Before you could launch again, the ship lurched once more...another blow from the enemy striking home. "Shields at 25%, Captain..." you yelled. "We can't take much more of this!" For the first time, you began to fear you would not escape this alive.

"All hands, abandon ship!" the Captain yelled. "Get to your escape pods!" You could barely believe it. The Jaeger was one of the most powerful ships in the Confederation fleet...and it was getting batted about like a child's toy. Pounding your console in frustration, you began to move toward your escape pod. As you moved, you noticed the Captain moving to the navigation station. "Captain! We have to go now!" you yelled, taking a step toward him. He held up his hand to belay you. "Get out of here, Major," he cursed. "I'm going to give these bastards a present. They aren't going to take us that easily." You felt a sinking in your stomach as you realized what he had in mind, but you had not choice but to sprint to your escape pod. As it was, you barely make it...strapping in and ejecting just as the explosion of the ship tearing itself apart as it rams into the alien vessel knocking you in the process....

Crash Landing on the Alien Planet Below

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)