More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Anonymous696969 Anonymous696969

Who are you?

Scarlett Hilton (19 y/o Nobleman's Daughter, In her room)

Poor people always seemed so quaint to you. The way they spoke, the way they dressed. Everything about them was so strange and different, though you supposed that was due to their upbringing, after all, not everyone grew up the daughter of the great Baron Hilton: The head of Hilton Casinos, Hilton Hotels, Hilton Loans, Hilton Games, Hilton... the list goes on. Of course, your obsession with them had always worried your father, after all, all it takes is the loss of one game for him to lose thousands of gold coins because of you, but, you had been trained in games since birth and as such you only lost... Most of the time? But it wasn't fair! The first teachers you had OBVIOUSLY cheated. Nobody could beat someone as naturally talented as the beautiful, smart and coy Scarlett Hilton! The second set were no better! Lousy, disgusting cheaters! Then, you finally reached the third set of teachers, who didn't cheat. Of course, you won every game with your natural talent and skill.

Over the years, you stopped even bothering to turn up for lessons in the first place. Why should you? You won all the time anyway. You lead a life of a noble lady; drinking fine wines, dining with the rich and of course, your favourite, wearing fancy clothes...

"Oh but what is it like Camile?" You asked, curiosity brimming in your voice, as you lay in your frilly nightie, stomach down on the bed as your maid, Camile, folded up the dress you wore today, a lovely turquoise gown. Your father forbade your leaving of the house, so Camile here was ironically your only friend. A mere servant girl! Oh well, it was a way to hear the gossip of the town. "Well Mademoiselle," Camile said, her thick french accent permeating through each syllable, "Shopping in town is not... 'ow you say? Very interesting?"

"Oh don't be like that Camile!" You said dramatically, your hand draped over your forehead, as you rolled over to look up at the roof of your four poster bed, "It can't be as dull as life here. I never get to see anyone except for my father's pervy business associates!" Your tone shifted as you began to mock the old men your frequently were to smile at as they kissed your hand ""Oh Scarlett, you have grown into a fine young woman." Or "Oh Scarlett, any young man should be lucky to have you!" It's exasperating Camile!" You couldn't see, but your french maid had a slight frown as she continued to clean away your clothing.

"But Mademoiselle," She said, standing up from kneeling to put away your undergarments and brushing her maid uniform off, "It cannot be that bad, no? I mean, your father buys you anything your 'eart desires and loves you to bits." You sat up, crossing your legs as you pouted at the maid who was now stood before your bed.

"But what I want," You said poutily, "Is to go out! To see the outside world! To meet people, and to eat and to drink! I'm sick of being locked up in this damn manor house at all times!" You dramatically fell back onto the bed once more, "You could never understand the struggles of the life of a noblewoman Camile." Camile's eye twitched slightly, as her smile became slightly more strained.

"Oh I think I 'ave quite the 'ard life myself at times Mademoiselle." She said, forcibly. You sighed as you moved back up to your pillow.

"And yet my life is infinitely more difficult. It's not your fault of course, it'd be your upbringing. You're from the town of Il'pou, right? I heard they have a horrid school, though I do say, you have the cutest accents." You didn't see her face twist, her smile become so strained you'd think it could pop, and yet her voice remained unwavering.

"Well Mademoiselle," She said, taking a step closer, "I may 'ave a solution for your... 'ard knock life, as you say..."

What is Camile's Solution?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)