More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by 1Futa1 1Futa1

Who starts off with which rings?

Sarah, a gamer

-All characters are over 18

“Aah!” Sarah chirped, shaking her fingers out, the old ornate box laying on its side where it had fallen. Sucking on her smarting fingers she knelt and picked up the oddity, examining the intricate design flowing across the dark wood. “Hmm… kinda cool looking when it’s not attacking you..” she murmured. She lightly blew on it and had to turn her head away as a plume of dust filled the space. “Heh, a bit of a klutzy day I guess.” a small self deprecating chuckle came out.

Then she noticed the old clock above the attic window, the ancient thing somehow still kept time. “Oh shit!” Her eyes went wide as she saw the time and she darted down the steps, box still in hand.

Somehow in being engrossed in looking at all of the piles of random junk her grandma still kept for some reason she had completely lost track of time.

“Shitshitshitshitshit” arriving at her room she plopped down in the old but still fairly comfortable desk chair, spinning about to flip her headset on and getting in the chat while starting up the game launcher. Her eyes darted to the time in the corner “well at least they’re late too.”

One finger curling in her brown tresses, her attention was diverted down to the box she still carried. It was weird she hadn’t seen this any of the other times she searched her grandmother’s attic. A box like this just begged for attention, so fantastical and mysterious with its many artistic curls and swirls.

With nothing to do but wait, she gently lifted the lid hoping that no roaches jumped out at her. She was almost disappointed when all she found was two simple rings. One silver and one gold, each held by a slit in the dark velvety insides.

*bleup* “‘Sup.” a male, if slightly higher pitched voice said.

Sarah nearly dropped the box from her lap, suddenly brought out of her reverie by the voice over the chat.

“Uh.. hey ! Sorry… guess I was distracted.” She replied, her form and voice conveying some chagrin. Her eyes landed on the name “Ayverice” which had lit up temporarily when the voice had spoken.

The voice on the other end seemed to barely notice her distress as a loud yawn lightly rumbled over the waves. “Man, today sucked. I’d really like to give Amy a piece of my mind. I mean how stuck up can one person be. Like she must’ve traded brains for those insane melons she’s always showing off.”

Sarah made an absent noise of assent, her focus once again on the odd container she held.

“Fuck… well, whatever.” he sighed. Then the energy seemed to return to his voice as he said “Ready to beat some bratty kids into the dirt Sarah?” a sort of manic glee to his tone.

“Oh! Yeah…” again Sarah’s wandering mind returned to the present and taking the gold ring she slid it onto her right pinky finger before setting the box on the edge of her desk. As she sat she just played with the metal on her finger spinning it back and forth and feeling its hard coolness. "Do I even like wearing this?" she mumbled.

As she twisted the cool metal about her small pinky she suddenly felt... complete.

Ayverice made a slight grunting noise, long used to Sarah's penchant for mumbling things to herself.

*bleup* “yo, you guys got room for a third?” a new voice said with a fairly deep baritone.

A new name, “Thebiggestnut” appeared in the server chat.

“Eh… I don’t know, last time I seem to recall losing a ton for some reason… it’s on the tip of my tongue… dam! I think it was something like.. somebody not sticking with the team.. maybe…?” Ayverice said.

“Oh har har. Yeah that was TOTALLY the fault of the guy with a 3.0 kda.” thebiggestnut replied.

Ayverice grumbled. “And the only reason you have that is because you only play one stupid champ in the same stupid position. A true gold would know how to play multiple roles.”

Sarah fidgeted uncomfortably in her chair.

“Uh… guy’s we’re going to play now, right?” a small voice jutted in. Usually when her friends got started on one of their arguments they would just ignore her, but today apparently was her lucky day.

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s play.” Ayvarice said.

“Totally, I want to climb already!” thebiggestnut intoned, their conversation from moments before all but forgotten.

-Go ahead and write whatever stories you want off of this, Idk if I'll be super active on this one, just really interested in the premise. Thanks for reading :)

What happens during the game?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)