More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Recreate Recreate

Your story's title

Samia An Inexperienced Thief

Light glittered in the ripple of the lake. Lamps hung from the balconies of the houses on the edge of the water. The water slapped back and forth against the jetties and the supports. In the distance, the grey tower with the pointy tip acted like a lighthouse, illuminating the town of Vernia with a golden glow in the night.

She’d arrived under cover of darkness. She wore a hood to conceal her identity-it would do her no good if she let anyone discover that.

The town was built on the banks of Lake Vernia, each building standing on the bank or on supports near the bank on the east side, some further out into the water than others. There were dozens of rowing boats tied to jetties beneath the houses. The buildings were connected by a set of bridges, except for some of the noble's houses, which could only by accessed by boat.

The moonlight and lamplight gave the lake below a nice rippling glow, the sound was peaceful, as was the smell of fresh water. Beyond the town, everything was pitch black, no view of the mountain she'd seen earlier, or the woods in the distance.

Samia crossed the bridge by the inn. The night was cool, her breath steaming a little in front of her face.

She looked up at the building she’d been watching from a distance; a three storey house in the lake connected to the rest of the town by a long, narrow bridge. Lanterns lit a couple of the windows, and a man with long dark hair leant with one leg out of the window smoking from a pipe.

That was the place.

Who has she come in search of?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)