More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Polar Potato Polar Potato

What do you pick?

Samar the heaven touched human

The world faded to black as Samual activated his headset, replacing his apartment with a dark chamber. In the chambers center was a mirror with a spotlight shining down on it. Striding towards it, Samuel was perturbed to find his reflection, minus his clothes staring back at him.

He felt an intuitive guide on the various options the mirror offered. Looking through the racial selection Samual settled on the Heaventouched - Human. After the whole incident where he set off the nuke in Megaton and Liam Neeson was disappointed in him, Samual was forever scarred from playing evil runs. The heaven-touched also had some decent bonuses; +2 to willpower and +1 to charisma. As he leveled up there was the useful AOE ability Holy Aura that did radiant damage but the main reason was the trait ‘Wings.’ At levels 1-5 he was only able to glide with them but as he leveled he would actually be able fly with them. Just the thought of running and jumping off a cliff then summoning wings was enough to give him a nerd boner.

There was one interesting aspect which is why he stayed with being a human. There were two racial Feats, first was Fast learner; +4 feat points per level and the second Prolific Breeder; ‘the ability to breed with almost anything that can have offspring.’ usually games had sex scenes that you could work towards but having that in the main screen and having that as a reasonable counter argument to the Magic power of Elves, Constitution of Dwarves, Strength of Orcs and grace of the Catfolk made Samual extremely curious about how useful it could be. Worst case scenario he could always go back in and make himself a High Elf wizard. Doing a once over on his character he cleaned up a few things, a mole there, filled in the bald spot, overall took his existing image and removed the worst of it.

Seeing that the highlands were one of the options he went with a look of a true fantasy Scotsman and changed his hair to a rich auburn hair gave himself glowing gold eyes. Once he was done with his vanity project Samuel added the generic name he always used ‘Samar.’

Clicking next Samar browsed through the various starting locations. A notification “based on your selected race and Geo location you have the following options.” That made sense, since this was a whole world you’d have different servers for different markets. Samuel always hated when people that should have been on the Asia server were slowing down the W-US servers.

Fortress-City of Cartolla; Heart of the Cartul kingdom, a kingdom of predominantly humans. (warning there are racial tensions against non-humans) for humans there are a wide variety of possibilities. Recommended paths; Military, Crusader, Knight, Smuggler, Spy.

Free City of Bellingar; largest of the free cities, situated within the Cartul kingdom it is a port city. While in a Human centric kingdom the city of Bellingar boasts a thriving multi-racial population. Recommended paths; Adventurer, trader, Explorer, Sailor, Spy, Criminal.

The Highlands; there are many lands in the highlands, from rolling hills, to Savanna, to great forests and rocky mountains. With dozens of tribes and clans of various beastmen and no unified government each group govern themselves how they see fit. creating a sprawling web of warfare and relations. Recommended path; Warlord, Adventurer, Explorer.

Stormbreaker Fortress: the edge of civilization, the first line against the hordes of destruction. While the world beyond might be quiet for now that could change. Will you be the Hero that stands against all odds? Recommended path: Knight, adventurer.

Duadar’s Keep: a dwarven fortress, with Orcish raiders above and dark creatures from below, are you the one that will bring about a new era of prosperity for the Dwarven people? Recommended paths; Military, Adventurer, Crafter.

The choices were odd, the last two seemed like they were pushing him towards selecting them. Samar however held firm to his original choice, selecting the highlands the word went dark. A deep commanding voice spoke in the darkness “how will you fight, with a blade, arrow or spell.”

“Spell”

The voice came again “How will you attack; will it be the primal rage of fire, the unrelenting of the earth, the touch of , the torrents of water or the pure power of lightning?”

“Pure, raw power, I want Lightning.”

“Anything else?” it rumbled.

Samar thought for a minute, he had the instinctive feeling he could have three levels in lightning or have two other selections. Pushing the questions on how he knew aside Samar thought ‘while powerful, being a specialist from the get-go would probably be a bad idea.’ “I want to be able to heal myself and also not be defenseless when it comes to close range.”

“Is it your wish for me to list all possible traits or select for you based on your given criteria?” Samar thought about that for a moment then asked “how many traits are there?”

“327”

“I will go based on your judgment however I ask for the close range trait to be a general trait so that I have some flexibility with what I can use.”

The deep emotionless voice spoke “traits selected. Trait two, Vivimancy; The magic of life. Trait three, General close quarters, precursor trait to close quarters specialization. Once proficiency in a style is achieved, options for specialization shall appear.” Samar smiled that was exactly what he was hoping for and leagues above what he was expecting. The voice finished “Do these meet your request?”

“They do” the next moment Samar was in darkness again, there was a sharp pain on the back of his skull. The droning buzz of a frozen computer buzzing in his head and he was falling, he felt himself plunge into something like icy cold water. Before his eyes he saw a pop up with words that he never wanted to see.

"You died"

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)