More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Eismann Eismann

What's next?

Salazar, a Summoner about to be betrayed by his teacher

"Summoners are magic users who establish a connection to an entity outside our dimension. They are powerful and considered a danger to everyone around them because once they lose control of the foreign entity they have summoned, it can freely roam our realm.

Fighting a summoner is a difficult matter no matter their skill level, as the inexperienced ones tend to lose control of their entity when and the skilled ones are a serious threat to any opponent. It should also be noted that summoners are almost exclusively female. We don’t know the reason, but males are very rarely picked by these foreign entities. The few male summoners we have encountered were always either remarkably weak or frighteningly strong, there is no middle ground with them. Though in recent history, we have not encountered any of the strong variety…

If you ever encounter a summoner, I recommend you report the sighting to your nearest church or fighting related guild. Taking one on alone is rarely worth the risk even if you are more skilled, as it carries the risk of freeing the entity.”

-Excerpt from Lady Revana’s “Catalogue of Monsters”.

_______________________________________________

Salazar was sweating in the warm cave, now covered in intricate summoning and binding circles. He made sure not to mess up any of his hard work as he stepped outside of the circles and sunk down against the cave wall next to the entrance. He absentmindedly outlined the same circle on the floor with the remaining red colour while he waited for his teacher.

Salazar was a young man with a slim athletic build and wild white hair which fell down to just above his eyes. He wore the simple black robe his teacher gave to him with only a pair of leather pants and boots under. While he wasn’t classically handsome, he carried an odd beauty that one couldn’t quite place.

“There is my little helper, are you finished boy?”, Salazar flinched, he hadn’t heard her coming. He quickly turned to his teacher, Velveth, and knelt before her while bowing his head, “Yes Mistress, I have done as you asked and prepared the ritual.”. His teacher, who insisted he call her ‘Mistress’, was a blonde beauty in her thirties wearing a similar robe but adorned with tiny gold linings down the sleeves and hood.

“Good boy, your lines have gotten very good.”, she praised him. “Thank you, Mistress, I have been practising and ugh- “, her heel pressed his face down hard against the floor. “Don’t get too cocky brat, you think you can surpass me? Maybe you’ve betrayed me, and someone helped you?”, her jealous anger flared up. “Never Mistress!”, he pleaded, “All I can do I have learned from you! How could I ever surpass you?!”. His begging catered to her, and he felt the pressure on his head soften, “I will believe you, but try not to anger me like that again. Just stay here and watch your Mistress work.”.

Salazar watched her take a few steps toward the circles and start the chanting used to summon an entity to negotiate a binding.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)