More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by gm_dude gm_dude

Who's the victim?

Saintaris Rathten, Captain of the Royal Guard, Fall of a nation

Seven hours till Luna event

I awake as I usually do, bolt upright, breathing heavily and covered in sweat. My one eye focuses quickly in the darkness of the room, a calm washing over me as I recognise the familiar surroundings of my own quarters. It was just a dream, a bad memory that I am forever going to live with, the moment I lost my eye. I take a moment to let my heart stop beating so hard, falling back into the plush silken sheets, letting my mind recognise the new reality that it actually dwells in.

My sleep is often plagued with my own memories, the things I have seen on the battlefield. I've seen friends die, killed men, boys even, in defense of the realm. I push down my feelings and move to get out of bed. The pain and guilt which my night terrors stir up quickly fade as I compose myself, I would do it all again if my duty asked it of me. To protect my kingdom, Alastia, to protect it's citizens, every woman and girl in this land. To protect them from the nation of men that border us on all sides, the men who never cease to have our nation for their own. Soon the only discomfort I feel is the dull throbbing pain where my right to eye sits. Milky white and useless, intersected by a deep scar, my black hair quickly falls down to hide it as I reach to my side table to put on my eyepatch. Pressing it against my unworking eye, it clamps onto my face with a dull light, the magic which blesses the one of a kind artefact holding it tight to my face without strapping or other obvious physical means. The pain leaves me and feels comfortable, almost normal. As much as I miss my eye, I cannot help myself in the pride I feel when wearing my patch. The Great Mage of our kingdom, Serizenza, forged it personally and I wear it with more pride than any medal I posses, of which I have my fair share. The dull haze of dawn seemed to be approaching over the mountains as it fills my room through the window. It is time to collect myself and attack the day. As per usual, my time is precious and I am sure to remain busy at every turn, the early hours are the only time I have to myself.

My usual routine remains the same as it is everyday, dressing down in just basic cloth I start using the facilities available to me in the barracks before many of my troops have yet woken up. I spend the same amount of time each day, honing my skill with my blade, hacking precise chunks out of the wooden training dummies. Moving the Atlas stones from pillar to pillar to keep my strength up. To finish my routine I always like to end it by jogging all the way along the curtain wall of the main castle to make sure I have the stamina for combat.

I always sprint the last steps of the highest turret, making sure I always push my body to its maximum. At least that's what I tell myself, to be honest, I just prefer to catch my breath at my favourite place in the entire city. High enough to see most of the city beneath me and far out into the distance beyond the city walls. Leaning forward against the stone, I suck in the air my lungs crave as I look out and take in the view of my Kingdom, my home, Alastia. Battlements and fortifications stretched a short way out from my position, the barracks were only a small part of the central palace. It's high impressive white towers stretched high above the city. I could see the early morning traders even from this distance, the streets were still quiet but I knew that would soon change, who knew what kind of problems would find it's way onto my desk once the city truly wakes up.

My gaze moves from the streets of our capital and out into the wilderness beyond, my country is arid and not particularly temperate. Unlike the forests of the northern Kingdoms, vast plains stretch forth all the way to the mountains in the west. The sight always fills me with awe. Not so much for the distance which can be observed but the sight of one of those mountains is always so unbelievable that people would think you are lying if you told them about it. Splitpeak sits many miles away from the rest of the sierra, it is called so because of it's obvious double peak, it looked more like two giant piles of rock next to each other. Even as a little girl, the story always filled me with awe, the entire mountain was spilt in the middle as it impacted with the ground. The whole thing was just picked up and moved from the rest form the range, many, many leagues and dropped down from a great height, splitting the mountain peak asunder. If the stories that I heard as a child were true, under that mountain lies a vast 'unbeatable army' with terrifying giant beasts and engines of war. All this happened over two hundred years ago, it saved the kingdom from oblivion so they say. The same thought always enters my mind whenever I see that mountain. The that caused this cataclysm to happen was the same that held my patch in place. This was the power of Serizenza, truly she is a mighty sorceress. Two hundred years ago she stepped into the conflict and dropped a mountain on an incoming army. I have no idea how old Serizenza is, she has been at the side of the royal family for as long as anyone can remember. Watching successive Queens come and go, always at their beck and call, advising them as necessary. I am glad she is on our side, but I do wonder why I risk my life fighting defensive wars against incoming armies of men when she can just obliterate them with a wave of her hand.

I cast away the thought, it was not my place to question Serizenza or the Queen. Should they want to risk my life, for what ever reason, they have but to ask. I will full fill my duty. I take one last look at the broken mountain and finish my exercise.


Five hours till Luna Event

Returning to my quarters after such strenuous exercise always seems to leave me with more energy than when I started, I washed quickly to remove the sweat from my body and started one of my most important rituals of the day. Donning my plate armour. It was heavy and intricate, fine blue silken cloth hung from one side as well as many small glittering jewels which were imbedded into the right breast, each one symbolising a battle I had been in or some other important distinction I had earned. The crest of our kingdom flourished my cape's surface. I made sure the material was not creased in anyway and looked as vibrant and pristine as the day it was made.

I checked myself in the full body mirror before I left, my long black hair was plaited neatly behind me, every piece of my armour was in place, my sword hung at my side. Everything looked in order. As Captain of all the military in the Royal place, it was important I set the best example. We were no run of the mill town guard, we were the elite and as the top of the pyramid, I have to be the best of the best. My one eye locked onto its mirrored reflection as I took a deep breath and turned away, I gave a small prayer to our Goddess and headed out the door.

The halls were now busy, armoured guards in pairs of two patrolled the main walls, every one I past on my way to my main office gives me a crisp salute, their right hand reaching across themselves to place it on their opposite shoulder. As I out ranked them I didn't feel the need to return the salutes, my mind already mulling over some of the mundane tasks I had put off from yesterday to deal with today.

I walked into my office without stopping to salute the guard outside, the thick oak wood of the door giving way as I pushed it open. My desk loomed in front of me, I tried to keep it neat but alas, this city always has a problem that begs my attention and it usually does so by magically transforming itself into paperwork and flinging itself all over my desk in messy piles. One thing was different however, a black feather sat directly in the middle of the mess on top of everything, making it hard to miss. I knew instantly what that meant.

I moved to pull the curtain across the one small window which looked out over the city and then walked over and bolted the door. The feather was a calling card of the Order of the Vigilant, a very secretive organisation which acted as the eyes and ears of Alastia. They were our military intelligence, spy network and secret police all in one. If they wanted to speak to me, it must be more important than all the paper on my desk put together. As much as I dreaded facing the mundane drudgery of my job, I feared that the Order of the Vigilant had an even worse problems from me, they always did.

As soon as I secure the room a woman appears right in front of me, her invisibility cloaking spell could be turned on and off at will, most agents of the Order had them permanently on, they even like to sleep invisible. It was very rare to actually see one, however the woman in front of me in her light black cloth ninja-yoroi was familiar, despite her preference to not be seen. She was Alki Vermory, the de-facto head of the Order, I knew her well, many times have we relied on each other to further the safety of the kingdom. I respected her, she was good at her job, I hope she feels the same about myself.

"Saintaris" She gave me a salute as she greeted me.

I was fairly sure I out rank her in the grand scheme of things, different Orders and command structures can get complicated in Alastia but I return the gesture all the same, professional courtesy if nothing else.

"Alki" I said giving her a small nod. "This is unexpected, I hope your presence here is just a friendly visit, no great catastrophe is about to happen I hope."

"Well no, I do not think so, I am here to make you aware of a developing situation that the Order has been tracking, its something which I thought you might need to know."

"Please continue..." I gestured to the seat across from my desk as I took the time to sit down, give my body a little rest from the heavy armor which clung to my limbs. She remained standing as she always did, I didn't expect her to stay long after she told me everything she needed to.

"Early yesterday morning, one of our agents monitored a male cross the southern border. He was on foot but had made good speed to this city, he should be here within the hour. " Alki stated.

I mulled over the words a moment.

"The southern border? He came from Hastaluna?" I asked.

"Yes it looks likely" Alki confirmed.

"That explains why you didn't intercept him, Hastaluna is the only country that hasn't tried to invade us. I thought they would be happy keeping to themselves..." I muttered to myself finding it annoying that now even this small peaceful country was making a problem of itself.

"That was the opinion of the Order as well, Hastaluna is very small and secretive country, we have never seen anyone cross into our lands from there... We are keeping him under observation for now, see what we can learn from surveying him. Once he enters your city however, its up to you how you want to play this."

"Hmmm, and you haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary?" I asked, Alki shook her head. "Well, our laws are clear, no man can enter unless invited. I understand you wish to find out what he wants, but I must uphold the law."

"I understand and it's why I brought it to you. It's your call. Should you bring him in, it also might give as a fresh opportunity to get answers." Alki tapped a finger on her lip as she thought out loud.

"You say he is coming from the south? That would put him in the market district, if he could even get past the gate guards." I asked.

"He has disguised himself, covered head to toe, your guards are there to stop trouble not search everyone in and out, unless he lets his disguise slip, he is probably in the market as we speak. "

"Well then..." I exclaim as I rise to my feet "Lets find out what he wants." I move to the door and unbolt it, before I open it I indulge myself a little sentimentality "It's nice to work with you ag-" I turn to Alki but am met with nothing but an empty room. She always was all business and I am not surprised she had already re cloaked.


Three hours and forty minutes till Luna Event

A short journey out of the palace and past the Temple to the Goddess bought me to the market district, I take a look around to get my bearings. I find my mark instantly, the disguise did little to hide his bulking male features. He was clearly the tallest around, wrapped in black cloth as he studied a fruit stall in front of him. So far nothing to out of the ordinary behaviour wise other than he looked like he was trying to be inconspicuous as little too much. I pushed my back up against the wall as I spied on him from afar, mulling over in my head whether to put him under arrest or stake him out some more, perhaps he was here to meet someone, although I dismissed the idea out of hand. What business would any woman have with a man?

I narrowed my vision on the events as they played out, my choice to arrest him or not was to be made for me it would seem, as even with my one eye I could see commotion out of my periphery. His disguise had not held up which shouldn't be surprising. One of the women who works the stall was complaining to the guards, pointing over to the oblivious cloaked man. I watched as the lead guard adjusted her armour and made her way over to him. I recognised her as the district leader, she was brash, more interested in the authority the position gave her than fulfilling her duty to her charges. I had denied her a promotion myself, twice. A decision which I could see was the right one, she was being sloppy. She was approaching him straight up, with only one other guard. No one was covering the most obvious escape route he would take if he bolted. I moved from my vantage point and took up position just round the corner from him as I watched the guard put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" She shouted as she spun him around. "I've had word that a a suspicious person is in town, that wouldn't be you would it?"

I couldn't really see much from my vantage point but I could sense that she didn't have a defense up and when he turned away from her she left herself competently open.

"Don't turn your back on me- AAH" The man had grabbed some of the spice dishes from the stall next to him, his hand flipping the whole thing over, catching her completely by surprise as the colourful cloud enveloped her. Then he lifted his leg and kicked out, catching her square in the breastplate, sending her falling backwards. In her blinded flailing, she grabbed onto her other guard, dragging her down to the floor with her. In a split-second the man used the opportunity he created to sprint away, right down the escape path that I predicted he would, I braced myself for what I knew would be coming.

He rounded the corner in a panic, fabric still covering much of his face, obscuring his view as he shoved a poor girl to the floor who shrieked in surprise. One more market seller gestured at him as he barged past her, pushing her to the side. Then in his haste, he ran straight into me. The impact made me skid backwards half a foot but I had braced myself, even though he was an adult male, even larger than me, I was in full battle plate. He staggered backwards a step, surprised his momentum has suddenly stopped. I watched his movement carefully with one hand on my sword. As if in slow motion I saw him ball his fist and adjust his footing, I knew a right haymaker was coming. I leaned back in preparation and watched his fist sail by my face, hitting nothing. I shot out my own gauntleted fist and grasped him at the wrist, tugging in the same direction he punched, using his own momentum to carry him off balance. My left hand held my sword hilt tightly as I unsheathed it, sliding the honour blade out of its scabbard halfway, but incredibly quickly. It's metal jewelled hilt slammed into him, just below the ribs, causing him to groan in pain. My right hand, still grasping his, then pulled his arm back over himself spinning him around. My heavy iron clad boot swept across and took out his legs, sending him to the dusty floor, which he fell onto in a mangled heap. To make sure he doesn't get any other ideas I took a step froward and put all my weight on his back, pinning him there as he squirmed in pain.

"Out of my way! Get out the way!" The guard shouted rounding the corner. Her eyes first saw the man on the floor then followed up my leg to see me standing on top of him. Her angry scowl quickly turned into one of surprised panic.

"C-Captain! What? I-I..." She was at a lost for words, so simply gave up speaking and resined to give me a salute and stood at attention. Her face contorted in worry and twitching from the spices in her eyes, which she did her best to ignore. More guards spilled in around me, spears down down at the man under my foot.

"Sloppy work..." I muttered making sure the guard heard me. "What was your name again?"

"Geris D-District leader, Geris Mam!" She croaked unable to maintain eye contact with me.

"Take him away" I ordered the surrounding guards to apprehend the gasping man on the floor as I stepped off him. "Next time, watch your escape routes and do not underestimate a man. They can be dangerous." I glared at her, taking her down a peg.

"Y-yes Mam!" Is all Geris said in response.

I could tell she wasn't taking anything I said onboard. She probably wanted nothing more than for me to leave and make her the biggest fish in the pond again. I don't have time to worry about petty rank politics right now, I would be wasting my breath dressing her down any more so I simply dismissed her and turned my back to return to the holding cells. I pretended not to pay any mind to the crowd that had gathered and watched the whole thing happen. Everyone knows who I am, I could hear the gossip and chatter spark up as I left the market. I kept the same stoic expression on my face, unflinching, cold. I want everyone to know that their Captain of the Guard can handle trouble and it didn't even phase me. Deep down, I know that looked good, I secretly enjoyed the admiration. I checked my thoughts quickly however, for now I need to focus on the man problem I have on my hands.


Fifty seven minutes till Luna Event

I stood outside the cell door, my gauntleted fist resting on the handle before I entered, collecting my thoughts. I had a brief written report from the field agent who was monitoring him ever since he crossed the border. It was light on details, but I didn't doubt the agent's competence. If there were few details, there wasn't much to report on. That itself raised more questions. I don't like it, I don't like that there was now a man in our city and I don't like that I have no idea what he is doing here. I pushed the door open and entered, quickly taking stock of the room. He sat in irons on the floor at one end of the room, chains making sure his movement was very much restricted. I could see he was in what looked like loose rags and nothing else. The sack like material, making ruddy pants and a tunic that was mostly open at the front showing most of his chest. He had the look of a vagrant, not a trained assassin or foreign agent. A slight sneer pasted my lips involuntary, if he were female it would almost be indecent with how much of his skin was showing. I noted the sparse hair covering his chest were bosoms should be, Men truly were ugly creatures. A metal collar with an small jewel at it's center had been fixed around his neck which wasn't on him when he was captured, giving him the look of a caged animal. Two guards on the other end of the room were keeping a close eye on him, their halberds close at hand in case he tried anything, although I am sure they have faith in me to handle myself if he does try .

"Soo..." I began speaking up and getting the man's attention. "It is unusual we get guests from Hastaluna. I don't suppose you want to tell us exactly why you crossed our borders and came to our city?"

The man looked at me dead in the eye, this by itself was unusual. I have had my fair share of integrations and nearly all of them were timid, avoided eye contact. He still had confidence in him, like he was still in control of the situation. I assume this was mostly just male arrogance at work, although it might be a thread to pull at later.

"I was just going for a walk..." He half joked. The jewel on the collar glowed red then a dull orange, getting the man's attention. "What the?"

"That is a truth seeker. It will tell me if you are lying with the color it glows." I explained to the now shocked man. "It's early and I have already had a very hard day, so I would appreciate if you would be a little bit more honest from this point out?" My words were polite but I made no attempt to hide the threat under my words. He gulped hard and looked a little more worried about his situation before giving me a small nod. It's amazing how much easier it is to threaten people when you have already practically curb stomped them in the same day.

"Good" I said cheerily. "So, what is your name?"

"Jara Lunta" The man told me, the jewel glowed a pale blue, very much the truth.

"Well Jara, what are you doing in my city?" I asked.

The man started to sweat, looking around a little before landing his eyes on me.

"I-I've come a long way, could I at least get something to sit on? My legs are so tired." He asked.

So stalling was his game, I noted. No problem, he can't stall forever, I will get the truth out of him sooner or later.

"Fetch a chair!" I barked out to one of the guards who gave a crisp nod before leaving the room.

"Thank you" The man smiled a weary smile.

"You can thank me by telling me why you are here"

"It's a long story..." He started, his hand wearily rubbing his collar.

"We are not going anywhere I assure you." I told him as the guard returned with a small wooden stool.

The man grinned at the sight, eager to finally get to sit down.

"Than-" He started to thank me before I took the stool from the guard and sat on it myself right in front of him.

"Let's hear this long story and try to keep things honest. " I told him, looking up from my seated position.

A bitter look played across the man's face, realising the predicament he is in.

"My country.... Hastaluna...." He started trying to the words out. I just looked at him with wrapped attention, my eye glued to his Truth Seeker. "It is going to attack Alastia"

The jewel glowed blue, he was telling the truth. I wasn't shocked so much by the revelation. It was the only nation that shares a boarder that hasn't invaded our country, men are violent monsters who will stop at nothing to claim what they want. It was only a matter of time. What did surprise me is why was he here, why warn us?

"I see..." I made no outward emotion to his claim, best to keep him guessing. "and why are you here? Are you part of the attack?"

The man looked incredibly nervous, sweat dripping from his brow.

"It's hot in here..." He mutter to himself. The truth seeker around his neck glowed a dull blue, he wasn't lying about that, the heat of the Alastian day could even reach to the holding cells. His eyes flicked down the jewel as it's light faded away, then back to me. I could tell, something was going on behind those eyes, he was thinking of something.

"I- I am here to betray my country..." He said plainly. The jewel on his neck glowed blue again. As far as I was aware, the Truth Seeker was imprecise but impossible to fool. His intention was against that of his country.

I sat there for a second, actually surprised. Treachery was never a mind set I could understand, duty and loyalty were my life. I would face before betraying my oaths, a hundred times over. Yet here was a man, willing to throw it all away, and on the face of it, to the benefit of my country. Was I really that fortunate?

"You wish to betray your country?" I asked raising my eye brows. "Then why try to run? Why not just hand yourself in?"

Jara took a moment to think, looking me directly in my eye. "I panicked a little bit..." The jewel started to glow a slight warm yellow making him re think his statement.

"I-I mean the time. It wasn't right..." He stammered correcting himself, the jewel turned a deep blue. It was the truest statement he had said all day.

"What do you mean the time wasn't right? The more time we have the better." I started to argue but checked myself. He was being deliberately evasive, the Truth Seeker was making him pick his words very carefully. He might be betraying his country but I still do not trust him.

"It's complicated" He said, the jewel agreed with it's color. " Hastaluna is small but it's power resides in the heavenly bodies, you know this, right?"

I tend not to get involved with the details of other nations. Such matters are what the Order of the Vigilant is for, but from what I did know about our small southern neighbour, is it consisted of small dense townships at high altitude. Many of their biggest religious structures also functioned as observatories to study the heavens. They were, what I thought until this morning, harmless moon worshippers, even it's name mentioned the moon.

"Hastaluna has no power." I corrected him. "If it has armies, I've never heard of them."

"We don't need armies!" He spat back at me defiantly. His jewel glowed orange.

"I didn't need the Truth seeker to see through that one" I quipped at him. The man looked down at his betraying jewel, with a little bit of sadness behind his eyes.

"We have our strengths, the crystal moon is all we really need." He muttered, the jewel turning a pale white marking his words closer to the truth.

"There is no 'we' any more, Mr Lunta or have you forgotten your intent to sell out your country?" I reminded him, before he could retort the cell door opened and one of the Royal guards entered, complete in her finery. Unusual to see one this far from the throne room, I looked at her quizzically. She gave me a quick salute, took a quick look at the prisoner and leaned in close to speak softly in my ear so the prisoner couldn't hear.

"The Queen has summoned you to the main throne room, she and Serizenza wishes to see the prisoner for themselves." The guard efficiently told me in a hushed tone.

"When?!" I asked back confused, my one eye leaving the man and finding the guard's face, conveying my seriousness.

"Immediately" The guard told me before straitening up and giving me a nod and a salute. She turned and left the room without another word, eager to get back to her duties now her errand had be run. I stared at the closed door in her wake, slightly stunned at how control of the situation had been taken out of my hands like someone tugging a carpet out from under my feet. I turned my gaze to glare at the bedraggled man in front of me, mulling over what to do next.

"Is there a problem?" Jara asked, not having access to our exchange.

"Perhaps..." I said to him cryptically, rising to my feet. "You have been honest enough for now..." I walked towards him, wooden stool in hand. ".. I shall return in a moment, better get some rest while you can." I placed the stool in front of him and motioned to sit as I turned and exited the cell. He beamed a broad smile and took his seat with a relieved exhale.

Outside in the hallway I turned to the guard.

"I want Estragar and Gallama to report to this cell, immediately!" I barked the order with such the guard almost jumped out of her armour. Perhaps my frustration with the situation was showing through too much. Estragar and Gallama were two of my best soldiers, I didn't like how this was playing out and in my gut I feared trouble. I didn't like that the man was still an unknown entity, and he was going to be in the presence of the Queen. It was too risky in my book, but I cannot deny my highnesses' request.

I looked left and right in the empty, quiet hallway. It seemed like no one was around, but I had a hunch that I wasn't alone.

"I don't like it. Have you found anything on your end?" I asked thin air. I suspected Alki was near, if she wasn't, no one saw me make a fool of myself. If she was...

Alki Appeared in front of me with a surprised, impressed look in her eyes. I gave her a decent poker face and simply tilted my head, raising my eye brows.

"Yes, actually. Something interesting..." Alki told me while fetching a small leather pouch from her belt. "The guards confiscated what little he had on him. This..." Alki Held up the pouch and motioned that she was going to pour it out. "... is VERY interesting. Do not let it touch your skin."

I held out my gauntleted hand and let a small pearl like stone drop from the pouch onto the hard leather covered palm. It was no bigger than a pea.

"What is it?" I asked studding the plain looking object.

"It's a Controller jewel. It's currently not activate but when triggered it can bend the will of whoever touches it to the person who activated the object." Alki told me plainly, always right to the point.

"I've never seen anything like this" I admitted.

"Nor should you" Alki told me. "It's highly secret, purely need to know only. Those orders come from Serizenza herself. I am only telling you now because of the importance of what he just told you in there and to let you know that he isn't telling you the whole truth."

I nodded, understanding my place in the overall chain of command. I banished any sourness on being left out of the loop from my mind, I need to focus on the problem at hand when the security of our nation is at stake.

"How rare are these things? Could there be others?" I asked.

"Very rare and no. I've only come across these things once before in all my years in the Order. Three years ago there was a plot to infiltrate Alastia with three girls who had come to us as refugees. The controllers were surgically implanted under the skin, impossible to see. All three of the jewels were sourced from several nations in a conspiracy against us. We believe that it took the great wealth and resources of the combined nations just to acquire three of these things. We also suspect they were creating sleeper cells, planted to be used against us at a later date. "

"How did you foil it?" I asked, wondering how the Order always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

"In this case?" Alki raised an eyebrow. Serizenza. She can sense them, even from great distance, she is also the only capable of destroying theses things. We are under orders to bring all Controllers to her."

"We should get this to her right away then, she needs to know." I told her.

"If it's in this city, she already knows. I suspect it is no coincidence that he was summoned to court. When you get a chance, you should get the jewel to her as quickly as possible. I will continue my investigation as you meet the Queen."

"What do you think was Hastaluna's plan with the Controller?" I asked mulling over the question. "To control Serizenza herself?"

"Unlikely" Alki shook her head. "If it is that, they are fools, Serizenza can destroy the Controllers, she is almost certainly defended against them. I doubt a Controller could even effect her. I would be most concerned with the Queen or Princesses, although I cannot see how he hoped to get near them. He is most likely to have been tasked with infiltrating the nobility in some way." She mused.

"For what point and purpose?" I asked looking at the small shiny thing in my palm.

"We have been monitoring troop movements in the Eastern nations. They do appear to be massing near Hastaluna's border. An invasion is likely, perhaps Hastaluna seeks influence, an attempt to drag us into the petty wars of men. As it stands, the aggressors seem to be keeping well clear of our border."

The aggressions of our neighbours was news to me. Had the threat been pointed at us I am sure the Order would have informed me sooner, I trusted their assessment that a conflict to our south need not concern us.

"I best prepare the prisoner to meet the Queen, I cannot let them wait any longer." I informed Alki. "I don't like it thou, I feel like we are still missing something."

"I share your suspicions." Alki told me.

"Have two of your agents in the main hall as extra security. I want to be prepared for anything."

"I shall make it so. I will investigate further while you meet the Queen."

I nodded to her as she quickly vanished right in front of me, just as the sound of armoured boots came from down the hall. I pocketed the jewel in a pouch on my belt before turning to the soldiers coming down the passageway. Estragar and Gallama marched in precise lockstep behind the guard who was sent to fetch them. The guard took up her post on the door as the two more finely dressed soldiers presented a well drilled salute at me.

"As requested Captain!" Estragar shouted.

"Listen up!" I barked. "We are going to escort the prisoner to the throne room, and it's going to go by the book. We don't know what he is up to, so keep alert at all times. "

"Yes Sir!" The both replied. They were without a doubt the best soldiers I have had the honour of commanding. I felt a little more in control now I had them under my direct command.

I turned and re-entered the cell, seeing the prisoner right where I left him, sitting on the rickety stool, hands bound in chains.

"On your feet!" I shouted.

"Ah, I've just sat down..." He grumbled.

I ignored his complaint and moved to him, both my escorts keeping a close eye on him. Their long halberts trained on him, sharp bits first. I unlocked the chains that held him to an iron ring fixed into the floor but still kept his hands bound together.

"Come, the Queen wishes to see you." I informed him as I watched his reaction.

As I suspected, he seemed almost jubilant.

"The Queen? Really?" A big smile broke out across his face. The change in mood was certainly a giant red flag if ever there was one. He caught me studying him and tried to downplay his delight.

"I mean, you hear stories about the Queen and her grace. I am just excited to see her." His flimsy excuse would not have held up even if the jewel on his neck didn't glow orange. He clearly had some sort of agenda and seeing the Queen was part of it. Was I not under orders, I wouldn't let him in the same castle as her Majesty. I double checked his chains, making sure the were tight and strong, placing the key to his lock in my side pouch on my belt.

My eye gave him a once over out of habit, slowly lingering on his exposed chest. I took note of the tattoo which was visible, I could have sworn it was not there before. It seemed to show a giant sun, directly in the center of his torso. He caught my gaze and looked down at himself.

"Oh!" He exclaimed as if surprised at his own tattoo. "Would you look at that."

His reaction puzzled me.

"Did you not know you have a tattoo?" I sneered at him.

"Well... " He thought for a moment before answering. "It's complicated. It represents the sun and the crystal moon you see..." He moved the frayed fabric to the side a small amount, showing more dirty skin and a small circle off to the side. As much as I wanted to press him for as much information as possible, I didn't have time to discus the finer points of the solar system with a Hastalunan. I am sure they could go on for hours on the subject and I had to get him to the Queen.

"Stop your talking prisoner!" I shouted at him, cutting off his rambling. "From this point forward you will not talk unless spoken too. Understand?"

"Y-yes" He mumbled, diverting his gaze away from piercing stare.

"Good." I snapped. "Follow me."

I turned and left the cell with Jara right behind me. Estragar and Gallama where behind him. Still marching, alert and professional. The journey from the cells to the main banquet hall where the throne room resides was a long one, but thankfully fairly quiet. As busy as the palace was, most of the other people we saw were guards who stiffened at their post when I pass by. Only a few times did we pass a civilian servant who gawped unashamedly, at what was certainly the only Male they had seen in their life.


Twelve minutes and Twenty six seconds till Luna event

It was a long march with the prisoner but finally we neared the main large double doors of the great hall and in front of the entrance was probably the last sight I wanted to see right now. Countess Esteleia, proud and smug, looking down her nose at me as we approached. She was the greatest swords woman in the kingdom and she liked to remind me, every time I saw her, of the time she beat me to claim that title. Her long golden hair tumbled and flowed down one side of her face, her tight fitting riding breeches, showed off her athletic figure. Unlike the other courtiers, in their long fancy dresses she liked to be ready to duel at any time, any place. She certainly never let her sword part from her side.

"Well, well." She purred. "If it isn't the Captain. Caught a rat for the Queen have you? He must have been slow to get caught by you!" She teased in her sweet noble tone.

I did not have time to trade witticisms with her today. All of my mental effort was dedicated to getting to the bottom of this mystery before something bad happens.

"Out of my way Countess. The Queen has summed me." I told her with more anger than I usually show towards her.

"Oh, it's like that? Such a shame. I always enjoy our little interactions." I could never tell if she was flirting or genuinely teasing.

"Bunch of horny lesb-" Jara started to mumble. I instantly drew my sword and spun, bringing the blade in an arc to his throat, causing him to cease his words. How dare he say something so insulting about me... and the Countess.

I moved as fast as I could but I had to suppress my surprise. Esteleia had expressed her irritation at the man just as I had. Her rapier had found it's sharp pointed edge under the man's chin. She moved so fast, I would not admit it, but her blade found it's mark a fraction of a second before mine. We stood back to back, pointing our weapon at the stunned man's throat. I had to tilt my head to admire her perfect form as my one good eye was on the opposite side. Jara barley had time to comprehend his life was in danger before Estragar brought the handle of her pole-arm into the back of his knee, making him lean back off balance. A move to both chastise him for speaking out of turn and make it easier to end his life if I so chose it. I did train her well.

"You should gag you pets Captain. Lest they get put down." Esteleia quipped as she withdrew her blade with a flurry and sheathed it.

Jara's eyes bulged in fright, imploring me for mercy.

"Consider this your only warning prisoner." I started slowly withdrawing my blade. "I may tolerate your speech just this once, but in the presence of the Queen you will have to watch your tongue more carefully. If you do not show respect to her Majesty, I can't be held responsible for what Serizenza will do to you. The last person who lied to her had their tongue turned to stone in their mouth. Bear that in mind."

Jara swallowed heavily as his shackled hands rose to his throat, both to check that he wasn't bleeding and to confirm that the Truth Seeker was still in place. I turned and nodded to the guard posted at the main door to announce my presence and waited for my official summons into the main hall. I could hear from outside the noise and bustle coming from inside. At this point in the day, most of the court would be in session. When I heard the volume die down and heard my name and title be shouted out I took my cue and entered the main room.

The main hall was a grandiose space with flags and banners that hung from rafters high up in the roof. Large windows lined the side walls, giving views out across the city. As I walked further into the room, I could see I was correct about court being in session. Although the center space of the hall had been cleared for me, the sides of the room was lined with scores of beautiful noble women, quietly observing me as I walked into the center of the room. Underneath my feet was a lush and regal red carpet with our kingdoms insignia on it. I came to a stop at five shallow steps which lead up to the throne on which the Queen herself sat, looking down at me with an unreadable expression. To her left the princess sat on her much less ornate throne, looking slightly bored. Both of them looked the height of regality. Adorned with the finest white silk and lace, the Queen was a vision of beauty, her hair neatly plated and placed in a bun behind her head. It's color a deep and glossy platinum which was the sign of the royal bloodline, shared by her daughter beside her. I glanced to the side, next to the Princess stood Serizenza herself. She appeared to be comfortable just standing as she held her staff in a relaxed pose, her features studied me closely from underneath her large brimmed hat. My heart thumped with pride and duty as I took in the spectacle, this is what I fight for. The splendour and majesty of it all is the greatest in all the kingdoms and I would gladly die for it. I took a second to take in the spectacle, then fell to one knee in front of my Queen, bowing deeply.

"Captain Saintaris Rathten..." The Queen spoke, grabbing my undivided attention. Her voice was smooth yet commanding. "It is good to see you once again. This court will always recognise your service with distinction."

"Thank you, your majesty." I humbly accepted the honour. "I have brought the prisoner as you requested, if that is your pleasure." I looked up at her to see her answer.

She paused for a moment, then looked across at Serizenza who nodded back. The sorceress raised her staff a small distance from the floor and then let it thump down onto the carpet. As she did, I caught a flash of runes surround the royalty in front of me which glowed slightly then faded to nothing. Clearly I was not the only one concerned about our Queens safety in the presence of an unknown man. The Queen, now content with her safety precautions gave me a gracious bow of her head to proceed.

Estragar and Gallama were well versed in protocol enough to know their timing. I did not even have to issue the order as they marched Jara into the room, always keeping their weapons ready. The man looked nothing like the stories many of the woman here had only heard of. Compared to their rich finery, he looked like a wretch. His dry, frayed rags only just about kept him modest. He stumbled forward into the hall like he had walked directly from the boarder to that very spot. He stopped a good ten paces from me, giving a nice distance from the Queen. He noticed the royalty before him, I thought I saw a glimmer of a smile on his face, before her threw himself down prostrate onto the carpet out of respect. I didn't tell him to do that. 'Good man' I thought to myself. He gets to keep his stool tonight.

I also noticed Esteila in the corner of my eye. She had entered behind them and leaned against the door frame to watch how this all plays out.

"Does this.... 'Man' have a name?" The Queen asked with destain, bringing my attention back to the important matters.

"Yes your Majesty, he says his name is Jara Lunta. He is from Hastaluna. We captured him this morning. He says he is here to warn us of an attack." I told the Queen. I hoped that is all she wants to know because as it stood, that's almost all I knew.

"So I hear..." The Queen replied. "So Jara Lunta, I hope you do not think that warning us of actions your country may or may not take against us, would give you access to our city. Our laws are very clear, men are not permitted here and we will not grant you sanctuary."

The was a long pause before Jara realised he was being addressed directly and needed to respond.

"Oh?" He blurted out. "No your Majesty, I seek no reward, granted from Alastia."

An odd way to put it I thought, he must be still choosing his words very carefully because of the Truth Seeker.

"Very well, Jara of Hastaluna..." The Queen officially called him. "If you seek no reward then please, share the details of this attack so we might defend against it."

Jara looked around slowly, taking in all the people present, as if stalling would benefit him in some way. After a moment he sighed a deep breath and spoke up.

"As you may know, my country, Hastaluna is a peaceful country, we seek no harm, but events have conspired to our hand. The Eastern kingdoms are moving to attack us..."

"What has that got to do with us?" The Queen asked flippantly, interrupting him. "The wars of men have ragged all about us for hundreds of years, why would Hastaluna make us an enemy when they seem to have no shortage of them?"

"Well..." Jara began "Hastaluna has no armies of it's own. Our power resides in the movement of celestial bodies, as such we do no get to pick where our magic is applied. If we could wield it as we please, would would undoubtedly use it against the Eastern kingdoms"

"So you wish to attack us with no provocation? What reckless absurdity!" The Queen scoffed. "Is this why you wished to betray you country? Seeing your people for the blood thirsty nation it is?"

"No, your majesty." Jara replied, rubbing his Truth Seeker.

The Queen looked over to Serizenza for her council.

"Is what he says is true? Could Hastaluna attack us with this magic they posses?" The Queen asked.

Serenseza's brow furrowed as she gave the question some thought.

"Celestial Lunan magic is not well known to me." Her deep silken voice answered the Queens question. "What I do know is that it is imprecise, both in area effected and in function."

The Queen's turned to look at Serizenza as she took in the information.

"You can overcome any attempt Hastaluna makes against us? Correct?" The monarch asked with some confidence in a positive response.

"Perhaps..." Serizenza started "Celestial magic is... different. I have not seen it enacted in any meaningful way"

The Queen took in the information with great attention, her eyes wondering back to Jara. I too, turned to look at my charge. If there was anyone to give answers, it should be him.

"Well, Jara of Hastaluna..." The Queen boomed out, directly giving him a question. "Could your nations magic be more powerful than Serizenza? How would it be a threat?"

"I-it exists on another plain...." He stammered out, weary of the Truth Seeker on his neck. "It wouldn't overpower anyone. It would just... be."

"Hmpf!" Serizenza scoffed. "Not likely, the jewel on your neck glows blue but it does nothing but betray your ignorance of my power. I could-"

"Your honesty..." The Queen interrupted Serizenza's boasting, making the sorceresses pout. "...is appreciated Jara of Hastaluna. I have confidence that, Serizenza... indeed our nation stands ready to counter any threat. But if you would... enlighten us with more details of what to expect. What is the main purpose of this magic?"

"Well.." Jara started as I caught him looking down at the tattoo on his chest once again. Had it moved potions or was it my imagination? "It will only do one thing and one thing only..."

The was a long pregnant pause, the Queen looked at him imploring him to continue...

"The spell is a spell to remove defenses. " Jara elaborated.

"Which defenses? Where?" The Queen asked, with a little concern in her voice.

"Well, the area of effect would be limited to anything in the shadow of the crystal moon, during the eclipse..." Jara explained. "The moons shadow is only big enough to cover this city"

"And the target?" I spoke out of turn, but my concern for the mounting information overrode my care for protocol. "Which defenses?"

"All of them" Jara said plainly, although I thought I caught a smile under his features. "Under the light of the crystal moon, no defenses exist. None. Nothing."

"And this is when Hastaluna plans to attack?" The Queen asked but her gaze was turned upwards in thought. "There must be some kind of casting, a sign they would attack. Surely they did not think we would not stop them? How does this spell work?"

Jara studied his tattoos once again before answering. "It only needs a focal point and the power of the crystal moon would radiate out from that spot or object. The closer to that point, the more defenses break down at a base level."

The Queen studied Jara closely, her eyes seemed to take note of his Truth Seeker. It had remain blue the entire time. His words were the truth.

"Saintaris Rathten" The queen ordered, I spun round on my heels and bowed at my name.

"Your highness!" I replied.

"Double the guard on the walls, both the city walls and the palace. Have patrols search the near countryside for anything suspicious."

"Yes! Your highness!" I saluted back and prepared to take the prisoner away to follow my orders.

"N-no wait!" Jara protested in slight panic.

Fifty two seconds till Luna event

Deep laughter filled the hall as Serizenza cackled loudly.

"This is absurd!" She shrieked. "You are over reacting! Celestial magic might be foreign to me but I do know that it is a joke. Pure spiritual nonsense, nothing solid or discernable. Magic is built on the foundations of creation. There is no more powerful or base magic than I posses. This kind of mobilisation would merely spread our forces thin. This Jara is a deluded fool if he thinks his... moon magic is a threat to me. I will deal with anything Hastaluna can throw at us, I assure you."

"It might be a distraction..." The Queen admitted pondering Serizenza's words. "Saintaris, hold if you will." I bowed graciously awaiting the signal to drag this man back to his cell and lock him up for good. "The truth seeker on this man's neck may tell us that his words are true, but I fear that he is not truly honest in his intentions" The Queen explained.

Eleven seconds till Luna event

"Indeed." Serizenza agreed "Men cannot be trusted, his words could be a manipulation. We have no need to be informed of a magical attack as I am more powerful than all other magic in the world! He has some other agenda."

One second till Luna event

The light in the room seemed to shimmer slightly, like someone was passing dirty glass in front of the only light source.

"Oh, that really tingles..." Jara said out of turn. For the first time since entering the room, he made his first mistake. His stool privileges hung in the balance. Gallama prodded him with her weapon to get the point across that he should shut the hell up. He frowned but got the idea and said nothing more. I couldn't help notice his tattoos had moved again. The empty circle was now definitely intersecting the main one. I thought back to what he said in the cell, how the main circle represents the sun. He also mentioned an eclipse was part of the spell. Judging by what I saw on his chest, the spell would be happening right now. I cared not for protocol or ceremony at this point, I had to act.

"Jara!" I shouted, stunning the room who looked at me in shock. "This object, the focal point. What is it!?" I had to know if my suspicions were on point.

Rather than chastise me for speaking out of turn the Queen merely looked for Jara for an answer. Clearly she thought it was a good enough question to make a scene over.

"Well you see..." Jara sheepishly admitted. "..it's... me."

I was right. Silence hung in the room for a second before Serizenza spoke up once again.

"You? What good would that do? You are no wizard, nor are you any threat to our forces." She chortled.

A metallic clang sounded out across the hall as both Gallama and Estrgar dropped their weapons on the ground. As their grip faltered on their weapons, they remained standing next to Jara, hands loosely by their side. I ignored the sound and focused on Jara.

"There was a plan!" He explained, while smiling a smile wider than any I have seen him display. "You see, I was supposed to remain hidden in the city until the eclipse happened. Then I only had limited time to go through the castle while it was defenseless and make it here to well... get down to business."

"And what 'business' Would that be?" The Queen continues her questioning.

"You'll see.." Jara brushed off her question so casually I decided he was not to get a stool tonight. "...But as I am here right from the start of the eclipse, I get to have some fun!"

His answer was so brazen it made me grind my teeth. He gets the stool alright, I am going to beat him with it.

There was a dull sizzle behind me as Serizenza's ward failed and faded away. Jara stood up, again he was risking being killed if he continued to act out of turn. Gallama and Estrgar passively watched him as he got to his feet, more loud noised filled the room as the two highly trained soldier's armor started to peel off them by itself and fall to the floor, making a racket that was hard to ignore, although I tried, keeping my focus on the prisoner. Jara for his part smiled a predatory grin as they didn't stop his movement, he looked them up and down as they did nothing to punish his behaviour. Out of habit I moved my hand to my sword hilt, he was smiling for some reason and it unnerved me. My trusty weapon did feel loose I realised, the strap holding it on my hip was not a tight as I liked it. My concern vanished as my sword, belt and all, slipped from my body and fell to the carpeted floor, not a problem to be worried about any more.

"These things are really starting to chaff" Jara complained holding the irons around his hands. "You couldn't undo them from me... sweet cheeks?" He rattled them in my direction.

A shocked murmur from the crowd around the room rippled out. If my sword had not already fallen from me I would slay him on the spot. The indignity to insult me in front of the whole court. As it was, I would just have to teach him how much I can hurt with my gauntleted fists. Although they too slipped off my body and thumped onto the floor as soon as I started walking towards him. Bare hands can still him out I reasoned.

"So are you going to let me out or am I going to have to take the key from you?" He rattled the chains in my face as I stopped inches from him, I felt so much anger I barely noticed how much better it feels without my battle plate on. It fell from me in rapid secession, my cape, my breast plate, my greaves. I was soon just left in my simple cloth wraps that was basically my underwear. Even it's tight wrapping started to slip loose, making my chest feel so much freer. I was going to beat him, beat him senseless in front of everybody... at some point, I couldn't say why I hesitated but I knew I wasn't going to do it just yet.

"You have one chance, Prisoner" I hissed thought gritted teeth, which I bared at him like an angry dog.

"Oh don't give me that look..." Jara teased. "Your lips have such a pretty color to them when you get angry" He brought his dirty fingers to my mouth, I gave no resistance as his digits pushed their way inwards, past my teeth and started to probe around, prodding every corner. The taste reminded me of when I was learning to ride and fell face first in the dirt and had a mouth full of soil. "Amazing..." He muttered. "No defense against anything..."

I had no idea what he was talking about. I looked to Gallama and Estrgar as he continued to probe my face, both the women looked at me, alert yet unsure of what to do. Perhaps it was my fault I wondered. I trained them how to use their weapons, I never trained them what to do if they were as stark naked as they currently were. Two of my most highly trained professionals and they just stand there like scarecrows twisting in the wind.

"You are a pretty thing thou.." Jara told me as he grasped my head in his hands, moving in for a kiss.

A hiss and a small pop made him stop and pull back. My eyepatch magic seal failed and the metal fell from my face, bouncing off my bare foot before it skidded to a halt on the floor. My bad eye fidgeted in the air of the room, the throbbing pain returned without it's magic soothing me.

"Ehhk" Jara exclaimed. "Maybe not, that eye is unfortunately ugly."

I snorted at the irony of a male calling me ugly. He pushed me back and looked over to my discarded sword belt, no doubt looking for the keys to his chains. I felt the shove against my bare shoulder as he pushed past me and walked over, almost tripping over my discarded armour on the floor which led like a trail to his target.

"Enough of this charade" The Queen sounded quite irritated at the display. "Captain Rathten, remove this man from our presence."

"Yes your highness!" I barked out. Marching up to the squatting Jara, I looked down on him as he rifled through my pouch on the floor, clearly looking for the keys to his chains, I was not going to let him even think about it. He looked back up at me, smiled a crooked smile and went back to doing the one thing I just tried to warn him of doing with my stare. I really should grab him by the scruff of the neck and haul him away, right now. Instantly. Just reach out and grab him. I could see myself just moving my arms and effortless restraining him by , my arms stayed by my side of course. The defense of Queen and Country depended on my handing this situation, yet here I am just looming over him as the last of my cloth wraps and underwear slips away down my legs.

"Ah, here they are." Jara said has he jangled some keys and started to remove the irons from his wrists. A prisoner, in the same room as the Queen without being properly restrained was absolutely out of the question. A thought entered the back of my mind, as forward as Jara was being, I was failing to keep him under control. I was not concerned as to why I couldn't bring myself to stop him but my ego jabbed my self conscious, how would this look in front of the Queen, the members of the guard and the Agents of the order. Would they intervene for me when I failed in my duty? My eye flicked to the rafters, high up. I could see them, the Agents of the Order plain as day up there, usually invisible, but now looking down on myself and Jara with passive disdain. Had their weapons not already fallen from their sides to the hall below, they might have already shown me up and killed Jara for even thinking of freeing himself in the Queen's presence.

The sound of metal clanging onto the rich carpet brought my gaze back to Jara as he rubbed his now free wrists. Any second now, he is going to be ended by the agents of the Order and give the surrounding courtiers a lesson on how gruesome bloodshed could be. I should take a step back, defend myself from any obliteration heading Jara's way. I just stood there however, perhaps if I glare at him hard enough, he will put those irons back on and save his own retched life. He stubbornly refused unfortunately, no doubt sealing his fate. He just crouched there looking up and me, doing that thing males do where they hungrily stare at women like a starving animal. His loose fitting rags rose where I assumed his penis was, another bad warning sign. On the battlefield, I've seen what happens when male barbarians loose what ever discipline they had around our defeated soldiers. His staring made me feel more that I cared to admit. Out of armour is one thing, but to be completely naked in front of a sexually excited male made me move to cover myself, at least there was a twitch of movement from my arms to consider covering myself. I could perhaps press my legs together and hide my sex from him. The way he was looking at me certainly made me want to do that, but for now I just stood next to him loosely, baring all. I did not even react as his hands started to ride up my legs, up their sides and across my front. My strong thighs clenching as his dry hands clamped on to them. Forcing with all my might to keep my legs together to stop him from getting to his intended prize, my muscles bulged with effort, as he casually lifted one of my legs upwards and out to the side. He inserted his finger directly into me with no hesitation. I managed not to gasp at the sensation of invasion of my most intimate area. Unlike many of the audience who were all watching with shocked expressions. A murmur broke out among the crowd watching the obscene show, no one moved from their positions at the side of the room. My face was burning hot with a blush but I still managed to meet many of the gazes of the courtiers, giving them blushes of their own as they turned away, fanning themselves.

"By the Moons! What am I doing? I don't have time for this!" The commotion had snapped Jara out of whatever trance he was in as he probed around inside me, he quickly removed his fingers, dropped my leg and turned towards my belongings again. I staggered back a step as I found my freedom to move again now Jara has released me. After watching him for only a few seconds it occurred to me what he was after. The Control jewel that I was bidden to deliver to Serizenza. There was no way I would let him get that.

"Ah here it is!" He exclaimed as he held up the jewel for all to see. Did he have to be so open with that cursed thing in front of all in attendance? It was a State secret.

Jara stood up while grinning like a madman. Maybe he was mad, I thought to myself. He must know that he is temping with every movement he makes at this point, especially any movement he makes towards the Queen, like he is doing now. I had to stop him, with that jewel he could potentially control her. No one would let him get away with it, but the indignity of letting it even get that far was unthinkable. I followed him closely up the steps, one by one to stand before the throne. I had my orders to restrain him and stop him, I would carry them out the first chance I would get. I could feel the rage building off her highness at the situation, my eye glanced to her as she scowled a dark glare at Jara standing in front of her. I've seen that look before, it always accompanied either an execution order or a declaration of War.

My Queen gave no words, her lips sealed tight in a thin light as she turned her head to Serizenza with a look that could mean only one thing. The high Sorceress nodded with a smile like she was about to enjoy the she was going to inflict. The powerful woman licked her lips and opened her mouth, only for what ever kill spell she would cast to die in her throat. She tried a few more times, her mouth opening and shutting with no words passing her lips as she struggled to make any action against Jara. In her concentration, her staff slipped from her grasp, falling like a tree to the carpet and clattered down the steps. I do not know what caused Serizenza to hesitate but as Jara reached forward and grasped the Queen roughly by the back of the head, his strong fingers disappearing into her platinum glossy tresses, it took all my will to do something, anything. I took a step forward, right beside Jara as he stopped his manhandling of my monarch and looked at me with surprise.

"Still here?" He asked flippantly, his eyes running up and down my naked body. "What to do about you?" He let go of the Queen which honestly gave me a little relief , let his hand rest on his chin in mock thought. His charade did no fool me in the slightest, a sucker punch was coming. Probably a back hand with the way his body was turned. A simple block, and maybe a twist with an elbow thrust would take him down easily. Jara was clearly no seasoned warrior and it was almost pitiful how I could almost count down the half seconds to when he would strike me. His eyes turned to me, I was ready, his hand struck out. I just needed to raise my guard.

The blow hit me hard in the face, Jara was no warrior but still a man and that attack was not a hit I intended to weather. It send me sprawling, but I was used to it, I could tuck and roll to counter most of the . Instead I flailed and sprawled down the steps like a defenseless young girl knocked down for the first time. I stopped at the bottom, my hair now a mess covering my face, the shame of being caught by such an obvious attack reddened my cheeks more than that simple slap Jara gave me. The crowd gasped again, the faces of the noble women looked shocked as they twisted about, to Jara, me, their peers by their side. No one seemed to know what to do.

"Are you hurt?" A presence by my side grasped my arm and helped me up. It couldn't have been one of my soldiers, they would be following protocol and waiting for orders before acting. I looked up through the hair covering my face to see a concerned Esteleia looking back into my one eye. Her face a mix of worry and confusion that I had been hurt and caught of guard by something so obvious. If I saw that attack coming, Esteleia must have seen it coming before Jara even considered it. Her presence and concern comforted me somewhat, did she care for me more than she lets on? My thoughts swirled but I had to concentrate, Jara, danger, the Queen.

"Cute" Jara scoffed at the top of the steps looking down at the two of us. "Where was I? Oh yes!" Jara tuned back to the Queen who was still fuming at his mere proximity to her.

"You are in my seat" Jara exclaimed as he once again grasped the ruler by her hair. My highness made no move to stop him, she just squinted at the pain she was now receiving. With casual destain, Jara dragged her from the throne by her coiffure. The elegant finery she was wearing had already become extremely loose around her body for some reason and I watched in shock as every stitch on the Queens body fell away from her. It was as if she was sitting in wet tissue paper and Jara just ripped her out of it to cast her naked to the floor.

"Mother!" The Princess cried as she rushed to her parents aid. Jara caught the young royal and sat down onto the throne, pulling her onto his lap. There seemed to be no struggle from the young woman as she tried to turn her head away from Jara and look at her mother on the floor. Jara simply gasped her by the chin, forcing her to look at him as he mashed his face against hers. The murmur in the room abruptly halted as it seemed everyone held their breath with the princess as she was to make out with the strange man now sitting on our throne.

"Ah!" Jara exclaimed letting the Princess lean back for air as she wiped her mouth. "This is perfect, it really is!" Jara was grinning ear to ear, taking in the spectacle. He readjusted the Princess so she was no longer sitting on his lap, moving her small butt to the arm of the throne. Her dress was starting to slip past her shoulders and show the court more skin than any royalty should in public. The brief relief I had seeing Jara unhand the royal heir vanished as I witness Jara slouch back into the throne and swing his legs up, casually landing them on the naked Queens back, using her as a foot stool as she lay prostate in front of the throne. She gasped in surprise at her treatment, her head twisting up to look at Jara with another glare.

"Oh you love it really, don't you" Jara teased as he moved his dirt covered foot to her face and started to rub it all over her, smearing makeup and lip stick as he some of his disgusting toes past her lips. My highness conducted herself with restraint as she took all this punishment without a word, her sneer giving way as her jaw slackened, letting Jara push his toes deeper into her mouth. I could see her disgust, his feet had to taste awful. He continued to idly rub his feet all over the Queen's face as he bought up the Controller Jewel to his eyes to study the small object intently.

Serizenza took a step forward as she caught sight of the jewel. Maybe she was considering destroying it now before he had a chance to use it. I wish she would but she clearly had her reasons not to as she narrowed her eyes on the small object.

"Oh you want to destroy this? I bet you do. I know your little secret..." Jara said to the Sorceress as she gave an unreadable look towards the man.

"Whammmft.. Secrmmmmmmf" The Queen tried to enquire as Jara's foot smushed her face.

"Oh you don't know about your little court wizard?" Jara teased. There was no way Jara knew her history, his nation might be old but Serizenza is an unknowable enigma. There was no way he could know... "I do" Jara stated plainly, his truth seeker around his neck glowed blue. Impossible.

The murmur and gossip in the crowd returned. The genuine shock of seeing their ruler degraded gave way to the curiosity of the gossip hungry courtiers.

"I don't suppose anyone here has heard of the Kingdom of..." Jara raised the controller jewel to his lips "... Swalhia" The jewel activated at the words. My one eye bulged in shock, that was the key word used to activate the controller Jewel, now it was live, it only needed contact on someone's skin to control them, it was bonded to Jara now specifically. I should charge him, tackle him out the throne and get the jewel away from him. Away from the Queen.

"You see..." Jara said casually has her moved the jewel to the Princess, she gave a confused but curious look at the small thing. Her finery had slipped even more, her pert nipples now showing out the top of her untied corset and her long flowing dress had large splits running up it's length allowing her pale naked legs to slip through the gaps. Jara admired the soft skin of her leg as he pressed the jewel into it. "It's a long story... Suck my dick" Jara intended to monologue, but he couldn't help satisfy his male urges for that time it would seem. Her royal highness seemed confused at the request. I'm not sure, with her virtue, that she even knew what a dick was. Yet she moved from her seated position and slipped between his legs, springing his hard cock free from her beige rags. She engulfed it without hesitation, forcing her head down on the dirty male phallus in front of everyone here. The Queen looked particularly shocked at her daughters actions and the power Jara now possessed over her.

"Yeah, this is... hmmm" Jara settled in looking at the Princess sucking away before lifting his head and addressing the room, his expression turning for content pleasure to smug arrogance. "Your kingdom is a lie. A falsehood!" He shouted out to everyone looking on. For a man say such blasphemous things, not only in front of the royal family, but while sitting on the throne, my mind could barley comprehend all the laws Jara was breaking all at once.

"The deserts of Alastia were once known as the Kingdom of Swalhia, a peaceful Kingdom. Our neighbours. They were an ally, prosperous and vibrant, until your Goddess came." Jara's monologue had started and I honestly wanted to tune out and focus on dealing with him, find and opening, I couldn't help notice that his Truth Seeker remained blue. Whatever lies he was spouting, he believed them at least.

"She was fury and power, descending on the kingdom from the Heavens and destroying all and in their place, then she created the first Alastia. Her own little slice of the world. Our records are incomplete but whatever made her do such a thing seemed to revolve around some sort of incident with some other gods, importantly, all the Gods that crossed her during that time were MALE deities. " Jara emphasized that they were male, Obviously getting at something. "I don't know what happened in the Heavens to make the the Goddess hate men so much that she created a nation of all women but that's not important. " Serizenza Scoffed at his remark as she looked down her nose at him sitting mere feet from her. Her long fur lined robes even now slipping from her body, revealing her large bosom beneath.

"What lies..." The Queen said, raising to her feet. "We know our origin quite well enough to know that you speak only half truth. The Goddess created Alastia, but there was no kingdom before, and she did her mighty work because of her grace and kindness, not some petty infighting of Gods which you suggest."

"No kingdom before?" Jara smirked. "My dear ignorant Queen, Alastia isn't even the first Alastia to exist!"

"Enough!" Serizenza stamped her foot like a petulant child. Perhaps she meant to cast a spell to end Jara, however all she succeeded in was to make her fur lined dress completely fall away to her feet. I knew our mighty guardian was well endowed but her figure was a sigh to behold in it's naked glory. Her curvy hips and well proportioned breasts were a pleasure to look at, especially as she continued to protest Jara's story, more stamps of her foot let her bust bounce invitingly up and down.

"The Controller Jewels..." Jara held his aloft for all to see, I wish I or someone else could have stopped him somehow before his complete destruction of their secrecy. "...They are a legacy of the first nation the Goddess created. For you see, at first the Goddess was distrustful, hurt by the other Gods, she made sure every woman created in her little slice of the world was under her control. Everyone had a Controller, all bound to her, no free will, nothing but a nation of automatons. It was nearly fifty years before she, perhaps due to loneliness, destroyed and rebuilt the nation for a second time. This time without the controllers, although some survive to this day and Alastia became less a puppet state and more free standing, with the Goddess only taking an advisory roll and of course, a to destroy those who threaten her creation directly. A now known as just a powerful Sorceress, Serizenza.

"No one would believe the insane words of a man!" Serizenza scoffed, I for one would not either but I just could not help myself but let my mind consider the possibility. There were many likenesses of our Goddess in our city, mostly in the large temple where the Priestesshood and waters of life lie. I had never noticed before, but she did resemble the Goddess very closely. The statues are made of stone or marble so I just assumed the Goddess was blonde, the light color gave that effect but perhaps she could have had Serizenza long flowing raven locks.

"Besides!" Serizenza continued. "I look nothing like the Goddess, do I not my highness?" Serizenza smiled at the naked Monarch looking towards at her in awe.

"I-I... It cannot be..." The Queen mumbled to herself.

"Yes, I am sure your usual glamour defends you from identification.... usually..." Jara smugly commented. "But no defense can exist under the light of the Crystal moon!" Jara excitedly sprang to his feet with renewed passion, knocking the Princess back, her mouth now free to give a startled yelp. "Behold! Even a Goddess is nothing compared to the Moons of creation!"

No it couldn't be true. The revelation was insane. It was true Serizenza was old and powerful but she was not as old as Alastia, was she? I took one more look at the high sorceress, she seemed more powerful than I had even seen her, despite not casting anything currently, I felt like a vast infinite ocean was at her back. I felt vertigo just looking directly at her for more than a few seconds, it felt like, divine power. Different to the usual parlour tricks I have seen her spin. It made more sense that I wanted it to. Was my whole life of duty a lie? No, I was loyal to the Queen and my country. Even if Serizenza was lying about her identity, she was a Goddess, the Goddess. OUR Goddess. It changes nothing, once Jara is taken care of, we shall ask our Goddess for guidance, her word will be law. Serizenza was functionally a God how she was before, perhaps not much shall change.

Jara approached the now revealed Goddess, rolling the Controller Jewel in his fingers. Excitement gripped me as I watched him, was he was truly a fool? We had been very close to having the worse case scenario happen, Jara taking direct control of the Queen and harming her somehow. But now it looked like Jara was going to finally make his last blunder by trying to use the Jewel on Serizenza. She could destroy them in an instant, they did not work on her, that idiot was going to do my job for me and deliver the jewel right to her. He held it aloft in front of Serizenza's face who looked at the small, pea size object with a slight snarl on her lips.

"You recognize this?" Jara asked her. "A mistake from your past, something you have been eager to wipe from history. You have almost succeeded, this is the last one we know of... for now."

"I will destroy this error and you for what you have done here today." Serizenza menacingly spat at Jara. She stood defiantly, completely naked in front of him, nearly all her garments long since fallen to the floor, leaving her large brimmed hat the only thing remaining.

"Maybe..." Jara bought the jewel to her naked breast, holding an inch from her skin. "Are you not going to stop me?" He teased. "Oh mighty Goddess?"

Serizenza's eyes flicked from the jewel to Jara.

"Why should I?" She fired back.

"Oh I see..." Jara nodded. "Making excuses.. What if were to touch you here?" Jara moved the Jewel down and pushed it deep into Serizenza feminity, his fingers disappearing up to the knuckle. "Do you mind that?"

"Yes!" Serizenza shouted back at him in shock at her treatment, yet did nothing to stop Jara's invasion of her woman hood in front of everyone.

"So... the great Goddess. They say that you cannot be influenced by this jewel..." Jara removed his fingers, clearly leaving the trinket deep inside Serizenza. "That, as the one that created them, you have even more powerful defenses than the Jewels can touch?"

"An understatement" Serizenza confidently assured both Jara and the court.

"Really? Bark like a dog" Jara asked, his expression deadly serious.

The jewel was almost certainly already destroyed I mused to myself. When Jara released of the position he is in...

"RRRofff!" Serizenza interrupted my thoughts with a loud bark. My heart skipped a beat, that was not possible. She is not one to joke at such an occasion but it had to be a jest by our high Sorceress. I was assured it could not effect her. The gasps at the noise from the crowd cut through the silence created, a could sense a feeling of fear spread through everyone present. My gaze turned to Jara as he grinned the biggest sickening grin I have seen him or anyone have.

"Okay okay" Jara collected himself. "Serizenza..." She turned to look at him with an annoyed gaze, as if she didn't just comply with his order. "From now on, never try to resist the controller Jewel, if you have any defense against their effect, you will lower it completely and never raise it again..."

"As you wish..." She replied with a calm expression not shared by anyone else in the room.

"Also, you are never to remove that jewel, do you understand?" Jara added

"I understand" Serizenza replied. "But it won't do you any good. They are in essence, part of me. It simply, won't work."

"Well they do, and it's everything I could have hoped for." Jara told her. "But I should probably add a few more fail safes."

"For what point and purpose?" The Queen Shouted from behind him almost in a panic.

"His own self gratification" Serizenza commented rolling her eyes.

"Kiss me" Jara commended, I watch as Serizenza embraced him in a deep kiss. Everyone in the room once again held their breath. Was this is plan to steal away our biggest asset for his nation?

"Ah, the Kiss of a Goddess" Jara said wrapping his arms around Serizenza's naked form. "I wonder if I will ever get used to it?"

"What?" She spat back in his face. "You are nothing but a pitiful Mortal. I will destroy you on the first whim I have."

"Yes, yes you would and the Moon is moving from it's cycle. Best be safe. Goodbye Serizenza."

"What?" She asked confused.

"From this point onwards you are not to have a mind of your own. You will only obey my commands and the only thoughts in your head are to be how to follow my orders"

"Whaaa..." Serizenza had not released Jara from her embrace until this moment. Like a clockwork toy winding down she did not even finish her sentence. Her arms fell by her side and she gazed off to the middle distance past Jara to focus on nothing. Her mouth parted slowly as her head lolled to the side at a shallow angle, a small line of drool dribbling out from her once expressive lips.

"What have you done!?" The Queen shrieked as she rushed to Serizenza side. I have never seen my Queen so animated, she seemed almost afraid. I watched as she shook Serizenza by her naked shoulders, the once powerful Sorceress's head rocking back and forth without reply.

"What have I done?" Jara replied, still with that mad wide grin. "I did what I was ordered to do. Gain control of the one thing that could save my nation from the Eastern hordes, and she will. They won't know what obliterated them." Jara confidently strode the throne and sat back down in it.

"She has guided us for generations... You can't do this!" The Queen shrieked at him.

"Well, I was ordered to return the Goddess after the deed is done, Hastaluna has no intention of lasting hostilities with their neighbours. My old leader was... conflicted on the action, despite the peril we face. He is too soft if you ask me" Jara told the Queen waving his hand as though he was doing us some great favour.

My heart was in my chest, this was too much information to process, our Goddess was among us the entire time? Now reduced to a husk and to be , carted away to fight in some war of men. When will she be returned? In what condition? With Serizenza under his direct control I doubt we could stop him but at least she was to be returned to us. The Queen was still glaring at him as he sat in her throne, her chest was rising and falling deeply. She seemed like she was just as shocked as I was at the events unfolding but as I watched, I felt with pride as her naked breasts slowed down their heaving, her composure shined through. She would lead us through this difficult time and I would follow.

"Do as you will Jara of Hastaluna" The Queen proclaimed, head held high "But remove yourself from my throne and my presence!"

She knew what Serizenza could do, letting Jara complete his task and return her a quickly as possible was how her majesty wanted to play this out. I doubt Jara will live long once the Order gets to him.

"Oh my dear Queen you are forgetting something..." Jara smugly told my Monarch.

"And what is that..." The Queen looked down her nose at him.

"I intend to betray Hastaluna" Jara reminded her.

He was right, he did say that and the Truth seek confirmed it, what game was he playing?

"So you will return Serizenza to us?" The Queen asked, although it didn't sound much like a question but a command.

"No, no no..."Jara laughed hysterically. "I am keeping her for good. I am keeping all of you for good."

My blood ran cold a the thought, would he really turn all of us to husks like Serizenza? No he couldn't, he only had one controller and it was in Serizenza currently.

"Are you mad? You must be." The Queen exclaimed.

"I tire of your disrespectful mouth whore!" Jara insulted the Queen, making my blood boil. "Serizenza, make her kneel, like a good servant."

Serizenza's eyes glowed briefly and a luminous circle appeared round the Queen. She shuddered, quickly falling to her knees, then bending forward, her head touching the carpet in front of his feet. Jara stood, slowly bringing his foot down on the Queen's head, grinding it back and forth, an utter display of disrespect.

"I'll KILL YOU!" I screamed. I might be without sword or armour, but he will die by my hand I swear it. Jara just looked at me with disdain.

"Serizenza, make them all kneel like the Queen." Jara commanded.

Her eyes glowed again, I felt a great weight applied to my back. It was like a boulder, I tried to resist but I just could not will my muscles to counter the sorcery. I crumpled to the floor instantly, prostrate. I knew Serizenza was powerful but I assumed I would have been able to put up some resistance to her magic. I gritted my teeth as my face was mashed into the red carpet, I tried as hard as I could to move but I couldn't rise, my toes flexing with effort. All I could manage is to turn my head slightly and see Estelia next to me, also in the same pose, face down ass up in the air. At least she had the dignity of having clothes still, even if her riding jodhpurs hugged the contours of her peach shaped ass. The courtiers suffered the same fate, all of them on mass, falling to the floor, compelled by the irresistible of Serizenza. I think I heard some of them starting to cry at the indignity of it all. It hurt to cast my eye up so high but I could even see the glow of Serizenza magic on the support beams above. The agents of the Order were not missed by the spell. Even if Jara didn't know they were there, Serizenza was shockingly thorough. I couldn't see him any more but I heard Jara pace back and forth, no doubt taking in the sight, soaking in his victory.

"Nice, Very nice..." Jara's voice sounded like he was gazing around the room, probably sizing up the more attractive couriers to torment next. "Hmm, I still think the Princess has the nicest ass thou. Look at this thing, you are going to be sticking that thing in the air like that a lot from now on my dear"

I heard the Princess whimper at his suggestion. I had to do something. I used all my strength to push against the floor, try to raise my head, even just a fraction of an inch, but it was no good, I was pinned. I let out a exhausted sigh as my arms failed, my butt still high up in the air, my forehead stubbornly refusing to leave the floor. Movement caught my eye, by the door. Estragar and Gallama were prostate behind me struggling as well, although upside-down I could see the entrance to the room behind them. Someone had just entered. Alki! I could see her for some reason but she was our best hope, she was not present to catch Serizenza's spell, as well as being a master of stealth and , she could end Jara before he could even get a word out to his slaved Sorceress. At last this madness would end. I watched her quickly assess the situation, what she must be thinking seeing everyone like this? Whatever it was she acted as soon as she saw the Queen was in danger. With one leap into the air she left my restricted vision, she must have jumped fifty feet, to go from the doorway to reach Jara. His end had come, it is almost a shame I do not get to watch.

"Yes, I think I will be eating off this for the next-" Jara was rambling to himself. "Oh!" He exclaimed. Finally. "Where did you come from?"

Asking question would not save him, Alki was quick and efficient, I am surprised he is not already dead.

"This place is great! Pussy just falls from the sky" Jara Laughed, I wondered what was taking her so long. "Lets see what we got here under that mask..." I heard clothing hitting the floor. "Cute, exotic almost. Lets see the rest of you." More clothing hit the floor. "Veerry, cute. You must be built for speed. Are you tight thou?" I heard a 'slick' sound, perhaps she stabbed him finally. She must have many hidden blades as I could still see her main weapons on the floor by the door.

"Nnuyah!" That sounded like Alki's voice but I have never heard her like that before. She was always so quiet and distant.

"As cute as you are..." Jara started monologuing again. "You have reminded me that the eclipse is almost at an end. If you had surprised me like that a few minutes later you could have killed me. Lets finish my coronation shall we. Serizenza, release them"

I felt the weight lift and I could raise my head once more. To my shock Alki was just standing there, arms by her side and naked, fluid leaking down her leg. How had she failed so catastrophically? She looked more mad than I was about it as she tracked Jara back and forth with a glare. I stayed on the floor, my limbs to tired from the heavy effort to resist, Esteila rose from her position next to me, panting heavily but remained by my side. The Queen and the Princess quickly got to their feet, eager to cling to whatever dignity they could in the face of this monster.

"It would appear my time under the Crystal Moon has come to an end..." Jara pronounced theatricality. "... I am afraid while I am not under its protection, some of you, or all of you will try to kill me, so measures will have to be taken. "

I had no idea what he was talking about, what ever spell he was supposed to be center of was clearly a dud, his luck was some how getting Serizenza under the sway of the Controller Jewel. He was right about myself however, I was going to kill him as soon as I can.

"Serizenza. Create more Controller Jewels" Jara licked his lips as Serizenza's eyes glowed once more and a string of small pea sized pearls appeared above her head. "More" Jara added. The handful turned into a few dozen. "More!" Jara Shouted. Hundreds now circled above. "Much, much more!" Jara was practically jumping with joy at the cloud of shiny small objects now filling the large open space of the Great hall.

I couldn't believe my eye, they looked like a gigantic swam of bees, hovering menacingly above us all. They were said to be rare, one of the rarest sights in all the kingdoms and yet they seemed to be more in this room than people in the city. The realization hit me like an icy bucket of water.

"Oh no" I said in pure disbelief and despair.

"Oh yes!" Jara shouted "You know what comes next, my meddlesome toy soldier" He pointed right at me, I could only raise my bottom lip in disgust and anger. "It needs to happen before the eclipse finalises. I wouldn't want anyone in this great city to defend against these small little sweet innocent things..."

Shock and horror rippled through the crowd as most people now saw what was coming.

"Serizenza!" Jara cried louder than any other order he game before. "Insert a Controller into everyone in this city just as I have to you!"

I felt a pressure on my hand as I saw the entire mass of Controllers glow, activating themselves. I looked down at the sensation and saw Esteila's hand grip mine tight. I looked to her face but she did not look back, a tear rolled down her cheek as she looked up at the cloud of jewels.

With a whoosh of wind the Controllers all moved at once, the bulk of them crashing through the windows, another large swarm surged overhead, through the doors to infect the rest of the palace. I saw the Queen and Princess yelp as two small jewels flew into them, deeply embedding itself within their most private area. To my left and right I saw multiple jewels fly up high society gowns, the women patted at their clothing in vain as they squealed in surprise at the inevitable violation. I saw a jewel come close, it hovered behind Estelia's head.

"Behind you!" I tried to warn her but I was too late. The jewel shot down the back of her riding breaches, the tight fit was not enough to stop its progress as it's bulge disappeared in the crack of her ass.

"Ah!" She cried. "It's in me, I can feel it!" Her desperation coming through clearly in her voice.

Behind me the still naked Estragar and Gallama were quickly seeded, the guards with armour still on suffered no better. Jewels finding gaps in armour, neck wholes and pant legs to fly through and see that they all share the same fate.

"Not her..." I somehow heard Jara command the blank faced Serizenza through the commotion. He was pointing at me again. I was confused, was I to be spared this fate? Why? Even when I could hear the commotion on the streets outside break out I was not violated with those things. I heard screaming and shouting from the packed streets, no doubt the entire city was being attacked, there would be no where to hide from something so fast and small. Surely no one would escape. Minutes past as the sounds of commotion and screaming died down outside. For them, it must have been a very confusing and shocking thing but as far as the general populace was concerned, they were not aware of the situation everyone was now in.

"Just in time" Jara said to himself looking out the window. "Serizenza, wipe everyone's memory of what happened, no one is to be able to discover or remove their jewel. No one is to hurt me, in fact everyone has to protect me at all costs. Have everyone do what I say and think everything is normal. In fact just generally please me at all times!" He added hastily.

I looked to Estelia next to me as her eyes glazed over, then snapped back into focus. The frantic panic that gripped the room moments ago was replaced with lines of woman shaking their heads slightly confused and wondering what just happened. I felt sick, I had no idea how Jara managed to get such and advantage. We had multiple defense contingencies in place and he somehow got past all of them and manage to place a controller in everyone. Everyone except myself. A mistake Jara was going to regret. I steadied myself to my feet, he had not managed to control me and I was not going to let him get away with what he did here today. I did not just fell sick but also a little light headed all of a sudden. My one eye lost focus briefly and I wobbled on my feet as the light in the room seemed to shift.

"Oh well, Fun's over. This will be interesting" Jara muttered to himself, still sitting on the throne.

Eight hundred and forty seven years till Luna event

Something instantly felt wrong. My eye hurt and I was naked. Why was I naked? Adrenaline spiked, my weapons? Where were they? On the floor, five paces away. Why? How?

"WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS!" The Queen boomed out angrily, for the first time covering herself. "Answer me!" She repeated. The Princess was also covering herself, trying to hide behind the throne from the view of the now cowering courtiers.

"It must be the Hastaluanun spell!"Alki was the first to speak up as she was next to the Queen, also naked but less concerned with her modesty. "I made all haste here after I found out from my source that Jara was planing a ritual to remove our defenses. It would appear that even simple clothing counts as some kind of defense."

The Queen did not like that answer in the slightest as I saw her turn to Jara, still sitting in her throne, she gave him one more stare.

"Is this true?" She asked with venom.

"What?" Jara replied. "Yeah I fucked with you and I'm sitting in your throne. Got a problem with that?"

"Whatever pleases you..." The Queen dismissively waved his infraction. "However, even though your attack on our nation today amounted to little more than tomfoolery, do not think that we will show you mercy. Your fate will be decided later." She gravely added expecting Jara to cower in fear. He simply sat and smiled back at her.

I took my chance to act during the commotion. I retrieved my sword. My eye hurt like hell, I was completely naked but I still had my duty to fulfil, dignity be dammed! I quickly moved up the steps, dodged round my naked Queen and brought my sword down in an arc to cleave Jara's head from his shoulders. But I stopped. Or at least something stopped me. Glowing light held my wrists and ankles fast, slowing levitating me into the air. Serizenza had stopped me. I looked to my left, her face showed no emotion as she prevented me from ending the biggest threat this nation has ever faced. A huge impact hit me in my sternum, knocking the wind out of me and making ever nerve ending in my body short out. Alki's nerve strike ended whatever hope I had of killing Jara right then and there. The magic faded and I fell to the floor in a crumpled heap unable to move. I was on my own, everyone was his now.

"Well, is the threat over?" The Queen asked Alki who turned and addressed the Queen like she didn't just drop me half dead.

"Of the HastaLuna plot? Yes it would seem so. He played his card and all it accomplished was the removal of some clothes. No lasting harm seems to be done. "

I was lying paralysed at their feet, were they blind?

"Good!" The Queen replied. "Perhaps we could counter attack..." The Queen addressed Serizenza who just idly stood, staring off into space. "Serizenza?" Another prompt from the Queen gained no response. "What is wrong with you?" The Queen, furrowed her brow at the zombiefied court Goddess and turned to Jara. "Are you responsible for this? You played a dangerous game Jara of Hastaluna, you will find that the nation of Alstia is not to be crossed."

"Oh that?" Jara cheerily answered. "I like the mindless, drooling look. It pleases me" He laughed in the Queens face, a move to deliberately antagonise her.

The Queen glared at him thinking for a moment, then her eyes drifted off, her mouth went slack. Lines of drool started spiling from her mouth. Alki who was watching the interaction followed suit, arms limply at her side as they both spaced out.

"Moons be damned!" Jara cursed. "I didn't mean you! I meant I feel safer with the Goddess's mind removed! I enjoy your bitchy oblivious attitude. It's funny"

The Queen and Alki both instantly snapped out of their trance.

"You did say you enjoyed the ascetic." The Queen scolded Jara like he was an ungrateful spoiled child. "Perhaps you would like me to use less initiative in suiting your pleasures? Men truly are fickle" She complained.

"No no, that's fine." Jara chuckled at her answer. "You do what ever you think I want from you." Jara did not pay attention to the Queen's face as he told her the new way of the world, instead his eyes were glued to her still naked body that she was covering with her arm. She looked down following his gaze.

"Oh?" The Queen realised as she lowered her arms and instead cupped both her breasts. "Is this better?" She asked squeezing her modest tits together and then started shaking her chest up and down to get them to jiggle for him.

"Yeah I think so" Jara leered at the Queens body. The more he took in her form the more effort she made in swaying her body back and forth for his entertainment.

"Either way, someone fetch some clothes for me and my daughter. I think I have bared all quite enough in this chamber. " The Queen changed the subject.

"No, stay naked for now" Jara cut in.

"If that is your pleasure..." The Queen politely informed Jara. "Never mind my clothes!" The Queen shouted out to her ladies in waiting. "Fetch Jara some clothes, fine ones. And food. Fresh food." The Queens servers bowed and hurried out of sight, The Queen glanced Jara's dirty bedraggled form one more time. "...And a hot a bath."

"Oh a tongue bath! Good idea!" Jara excited added.

"Very well I shall have my ladies in waiting..." The Queen started.

"No, I want you to do it." Jara corrected her.

"Very well. I shall summon you to my private quarters later if it pleases you." The Queen asked her esteemed guest.

"Hmmm, yeah I would like that." Jara informed her with mock thanks. "You can start on my feet right here and we can move to more intimate areas later"

The Queen glanced down at his filthy feet with a grimace, however she did not stall for a moment as she solemnly stopped her gyrating and sunk down to her knees on the carpet, just in front of my paralyzed body. She started with Jara's dirty left foot, her tongue going to work on removing the dust and peeling skin from his toes. His eyes bulged, at the sight of the Queen instantly falling to his feet and salivating over him. His hand squeezing his crotch as he grunted in what I assume was male lust filled pleasure.

"With due respect my highness, I think a counterattack might not be the best course of action" Alki ignored the debasement of our Queen and continued to discuss state affairs.

"Mhhmmmm?" The Queen's eyes shifted from her task to Alki, her tongue too buzy to reply properly.

"The Eastern hordes are still a threat in the area, with Serizenza a plaything of this man" Alki casually gestured to Jara like he wasn't the problem. "We are move than we have ever been."

"It can't.. mmmm. Be...mmm Helped" The Queen managed to get out between her licks, condemning mindless Serizenza's state as necessary to please Jara. His whims and pleasures were being put before the security of our nation and no one but me seem to care. I tired to make a noise in protest but Alki had not held back, I could barely breathe.

"Moons, I love seeing you degraded like that you whore!" Jara teased my Queen despite her ever faithful compliance with his commands.

"Shall I return to my Order and watch the borders to monitor the situation?" Alki asked the Queen like she was still in charge.

"That... mmm... might... hmm" The Queen started her response but out of now where Alki raised her leg and started piss onto the Queens head. Her finger expertly playing with her folds to direct the stream onto her target. An unbelievable occurrence just an hour ago, yet the Queen now stopped her lapping of Jara's feet and held her mouth wide open to catch the golden fountain. Her glossy silvery hair turning a deeper shade as the shower continued.

"What the..." Jara cried moving his feet out the way. "What are you doing?!"

"You said you liked to see the Queen degraded." Alki cleared her throat and spat onto the Queens face, catching her in the eye as she continued to piss onto her. The Agent then turned to Jara and looked him up a down as if this was not a direct order her had given. She showed no signs of stopping her golden shower as the Queen let the fluid splash into her mouth.

"Yeah, I do but..." Jara complained. "She was going to wash me with that tongue!"

"Yes, perhaps now I can see how this might not be to your liking..." At his words Alki put her leg down and the trickle ceased from between her legs leaving her passively looking for Jara for his next instruction.

"Go and spank this dumb bitch for what she did, over there, you gross tramp!" Jara moved his body away from the soiled Queen as he commanded her, pointing to a space next to the still lifeless Serizenza. Without a word, the Queen got off the floor and both women turned to march over to the spot Jara gestured to. The Queen bought her hand up above her head and started bringing it down on the uncaring Alki's milky white butt cheeks as they both stood there. Loud cracks filled the hall, yet Alki took it in her stride, an uncaring glance around the room was her only movement as her still piss sodden Queen concentrated on smacking her ass.

"And make out with her with that piss filled mouth when you are done so she gets the point!" Jara sulked. "Who would have thought that having complete control over people would be so hard?" He muttered resting his head on his hand. "...and get this thing off me!" Jara tugged at the Truth Seeker still attached to his neck.

The jewel, collar and all disappeared in a flash of light and reappeared in Serizenza's hand.

"I should have know that jewel was one of the Goddesses creations. She has an affinity for them no doubt." Jara pondered the blank naked form of the Goddess. "Pleasure yourself with that" He casually waved. Serezenza bought the jewel to her crotch and started to rub the jewel up and down her clit, then started to move it in small circles all the time showing not emotion or awareness on her face of her actions.

"Ah" Jara sounded frustrated as he turned from the show the Goddess was giving. "I still yearn for pleasures of the flesh... Where is that Princess and her delectable ass gone?"

The Princess came out from behind the throne an the mention of Jara's pleasure involving her naked body. She raised up on tiptoes and put her butt on the arm of the throne, waving it back and forth invitingly.

"I think this is what you wanted. You liked my derrière, yes?" The princess remarked, confused at her own insight.

"That I do, it might be the best one here." Jara replied taking her round buttocks in his palm. "Although there was one I saw..." He thought looking around the room.

"You, blonde" Jara shouted out. "Get up here and show me your arsehole!"

I heard Estelia click her tongue like she has been asked to do a menial task. She started ascending the steps to the throne, slowly shimming down her tight pants all the way. She simply stepped over my limp body and bent at the waist, thrusting her naked butt at Jara. The man started to slap the Princess and Estelia's cheeks in turn.

"Yes! YES! Moan like whores!" Jara cried as he continued to leave red hand pints on royalty and the high noble alike. The Great hall started to break out in a choir of moans. The entirety of the assembled court, the Queen and Alki, now face locked, moaned into each other. The Princess and Estelia, side by side bent over in front of Jara gasped like cheap women of pleasure at his actions. Even the brain dead Serizenza started to moan as she stared off into space, rubbing her clit with the Truth Seeker.

I joined them with a moan of my own. Not sexual, but one of pain as feeling started to return to my body. I could just roll onto my back, looking up to see Estelia looking down at me, slightly confused but every now and then closing her eyes to let out a whorish cry.

"Oh right, you are still here!" Jara sounded surprised as he looked at me crumpled on the red carpet, my movement getting his attention. "I am going to have fun with you. You were the closest to stopping me you know, I can't let that slide." He teased, I wish he would just kill me, what good would torturing me do? He has already won. He slapped Estelia's ass so hard she took a step forward before backing up and giving it another inviting shake, asking for more.

"Take this trash away" Jara commanded pointing to me on the floor. "Throw her in the same dungeon I was in, lock her up nice and tight. I will be down later after my bath." Jara was speaking to the still naked Estragar and Gallama who marched up to me and threw my arms over their shoulders. The didn't show any emotion to their treasonous actions, they only cried out loud moans I could never imagine them making before. I had not the strength to give them the order to stop and even if I did I doubt they would obey. They were clearly under the same command as everyone else, moaning loudly and erotically as they dragged me away. I couldn't help but let a tear cloud my one good eye as I looked up at the crest of arms hanging over the door. The last I heard of Jara over the moaning was loud slapping and maniacal laughter.

I had failed my duty.

Alastia had fallen.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)