More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by Warden-Yarn15 Warden-Yarn15

The first experiment you’ll be participating will be with...

SCP-1759

It wasn't usual for you to be outside but here you were, inside an armored bus with small windows. Appreciating the vista, the feeling of freedom has never been so close, and yet still remain as unobtainable as ever, reinforced by the reminder of tall featureless concrete walls with barbed wire on top of them surrounding the airport.

The bus halted which immediately launched your body forward towards the pair of seats in front of you from which you promptly recovered from. Guards climbed aboard and gestured towards you with their SMGs and with no reason to argue, you simply made your way out of the bus before being escorted towards a small door at the side of a hangar.

While making your way to wherever the guards needed you, you spotted a propeller plane that was in the middle of the building. It wasn't something you could identify immediately and so proceeded to ignore it until you've made your way inside a room with all kinds of instruments and blinking lights. There were three researchers, all of them wearing lab coats and two of them were wearing headphones of sorts sitting down.

The only one who seemed unique was a man writing down something on his clipboard. At first, he seemed utterly absorbed on whatever it was he was writing until he exaggeratedly poked the paper with his pencil - probably a period, - before looking up to you.

"Ah, so this is the D-Class who can't die."

"Hey man," you began, "I enjoy my job as much as you do, probably even less."

"My name is Researcher Carpenter, and before we start, do you know how to fly a plane?" Before answering, you raised an eyebrow at him while beginning to piece two-and-two together.

"Do I have to? Can't I just have a co-pilot or something?"

"No, and no; absolutely not. Today, without any previous experience, you'll be flying Lovely Lucy over there." He pointed towards the docked plane with the eraser of his pencil, confirming your suspicions, "And she'll be teaching you everything you need to know up there."

"So what do I have to do besides flying the SCP with zero experience?"

"You'll learn more about Lucy more later, enough that you'll be the one who's going to teach yourself how to fly and many other things." Carpenter was the first one to leave the room while the other two were fixated on the consoles. With no other option than to follow him, you went outside and approached the plane, stopping just when you were in front of it.

The plane's paint job seemed to have rotten away a little. Circling it, something had caught your eyes: a painting of an excited blonde female was on its left with the text "Lovely Lucy" next to her.

While quietly observing, a hand on your shoulder broke the trance and it belonged to no one else other than Carpenter who was quiet for a few seconds, staring at the plane as if it was his turn to be dazzled.

"Beautiful ain't she?" He refused to depart his gaze at the painting, not even when or after he was talking to you, "Well, what are you waiting for Conner? Why don't you give her a feel?"

"How do I even get inside?"

"Touch Lucy." Weird. That's just weird. Not the weirdest thing you've heard but it was still a strange thing to say.

The hand slipped off of your shoulder before you began walking towards the side of the plane, straight towards the pinup of the blonde lady. Gazing at it for a few more seconds, the thought process was interrupted by the Researcher behind you shouting "Give her a feel!" that echoed throughout the hangar.

Feeling the bygone figure with the touch of your fingers, you quickly lose consciousness moments before you hit the floor. Soon you were inside the warplane as it flew. Pilots were with you, seemingly ignoring your existence as they loaded all kinds of guns of varying calibers in an attempt to shoot down whatever it was they were shooting at.

A flash-forward showed the A-20 Douglas in a very damaged state with broken bloodied glass and bullet holes all around her. She was still standing on her gears even when a propeller was clearly broken. Engineers quickly came to her rescue when another flash-forward took you to another scene of Lucky Lucy severely damaged, this time, her nose was on the parapet while black smoke and fire breathed out of bleeding propellers. The cockpits were just as lurid as before, if not more so. Paramedics and firefighters rushed to the scene with the former dragging out the body of a crewmember, a streak of crimson was being painted on the tarmac leading from the plane.

Then finally, you were taken to a scene of Lucky Lucy being towed inside the hangar with a new paint job. The pinup was visible and everything looked fresh, but closed doors soon changed that with night and day chasing each other at a rapid pace, small amounts of decay can be observed to the plane until the Foundation suddenly stepped into the picture.

When you finally waked up, an overwhelming sense of dread came to you enough that you became tearful. Once you were back on your feet, a magnetic pull from Lucky Lucy was calling for you, one that you obeyed.

"And I thought I've been lonely my whole life; what you experienced? It's a crime to think that you're not on some museum right now. People would love you if they only knew." Turning to Carpenter, you noticed him smirking with his hands behind his back but ignored whatever implication he had in mind, "Doc, can I take her for a spin?"

A nod came from him as he soon began stepping back to the small room from before.

"I'll have the gates open up just for the two of you." Climbing inside the cockpit, you suddenly knew what every switch and instrument meant. Just as promised, the hangar doors opened and you turned the ignition own which woke the propellers from their slumber. Taxiing Lucy to the tarmac, freedom felt so near now as you sped up slowly but surely, flooring the throttle and pulling the control wheel. Soon you two were in the air.

Looking at both sides of the cockpit, you were amazed at the vista once more. So high up, and yet the little details that made things discernable disappeared into an amalgamated blob of beauty with green trees, blue skies, white clouds, and grey mountains being the only meaningful things used for identification. You were as free as a bird.

"Hey there handsome." Looking around the cabin, you noticed a blonde woman you were sure wasn't there with you, "Enjoying the view?"

Thinking of being sly, you responded with the first thing that came to mind.

"Are you talking about the mountains or you?" She giggled before proceeding to ruffle your hair. Returning back to flying, there was an interval of only a few seconds as the blonde sighed began to converse.

"With all the years I've been flying, it never gets old."

"Hang on, all your years? Then you must be Lucy. At least, if the art on this plane is anything to go by." She giggled again, this time patting your head.

"Looks like we got some Poindexter as the pilot and a cute one at that. Yep, I'm Lucy alright. Been enjoying these heights since I came out of the factory back in '42. Do you know how Europe looked? Amazing when it wasn't being bombed."

"I've never actually been outside properly," you admitted, "all my life I've been living underground. This is actually the first time I've been this high before. And it feels so... great being so far from the ground..."

[3 kilometers]

"I'm glad you're enjoying your flight, it's my own slice of heaven." She breathed in while looking down the glass cockpit. Possessing a wonderful smirk, "What's your name kid?"

You noticed that she kept that smirk even when she was talking.

"Conner. Just Conner."

"That's an adorable name, your parents must've loved you so very much." Playfully she pinched your cheeks for a quick second before clapping. Suddenly stopping midway, perhaps noticing something she didn't like.

"Nah, I've been abandoned by my parents before I even knew their faces. Apparently I was inside a car being fried alive when a grandma found me, then the Foundation took me in and that's been my life in a nutshell."

[8 kilometers]

"Don't sweat it, kid." She pulled you in for an embrace behind your back, "We all lose our loved ones one day. As hard it is, it's the truth, but one day we'll be leaving people we loved as well. We want them to be happy right? So we do our best before we leave."

"Like I said, I can't really recall anything about my parents. Not their faces, not their names, it's just me Conner living underground being tested on like a guinea pig. And it's not like people really cared for me, just made sure I had an okay childhood you know?

"There wasn't really any attempt of them seeming to try and take care of me, just some people in lab coats teaching me stuff that I've forgotten."

"Do you wonder about what your parents might've been? Maybe what having a mom felt like."

"Maybe. But I got over it when I learned about masturbation."

"Ew."

"Those two aren't connected." You immediately interjected.

Staying quiet for a few seconds, you just took in the hug as if you've never been hugged before.

"Lucy, I saw a few people in you. I'm guessing they were people that you loved huh?"

[16 kilometers]

"And people that loved me back. Yeah, they were great folks. Hell of a time dodging those Germans. Until the day they didn't... Still, they took a gal like me flying like I've never flown before, and the next pack after that."

"They were great people Conner. Just like how great a pilot you are now. Granted we're not being sh-" The propeller of a plane could be heard; at first it was faint, then something seemed to have sliced through the air in front of you.

Lucy seems to panic as she looked around the cockpit and looking at the other one.

"Damn it! The Germans are here and nobody's manning the guns." She came back to you, frantically looking around as a plane with two propellers strafed at the two of you. You immediately pulled up in an attempt to miss it, feeling and hearing bullets bounce at the back.

Turning Lucy around, the next course of action was to dive in hopes that you were faster than the German plane.

[22 kilometers]

"Good thinking kid, I knew you had some brains in you." She proceeded with her tight embrace of you with tears seemingly beginning to form, "I think this is going to be the end kid. Just like everyone else."

"Maybe, just maybe if I can get us back to the hangars-"

"They're relentless, kid. Jerry's going to catch up to us, and when he does, I'll get you back to the ground."

"We might just outrun them."

"I don't know Conner, we've tried that before." You feel some weight be placed on the top of your head before a drop of water slid down a strand of your hair, "Pull up kid, you'll rip my wings."

[18 kilometers]

Following her advice, you pulled up as another German plane flew pass you while a gift in the form of what feels like a bullet struck your right shoulder. You gripped on it in an attempt to handle the pain only to let go and see blood on your hands.

"We're dropping altitude Lucy. We just might have a chance with some boom-and-zoom'ing.

"That's a good trick," she's sniffling now, it was obvious that she's crying, "It just... might... work."

She broke at the last word, and with the bloody hand, you patted her on her shoulders.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure we'll see the end of this."

[12 kilometers]

The hangar was visible and so was the tarmac. You pulled up once more, now near to the ground than you previously were before. While changing the flaps still wasn't an option, you two were in a position where it was now difficult for the Germans to catch up to you if they didn't want to crash. Granted they were attempting to strafe you, but they were just as safe as the two of you.

Two more bullets phase through the cockpit, this time hitting your thigh. Grunting, you take in the pain and focus on the mission.

"Don't cry Lucy, we're nearer to the ground than ever before."

[9 kilometers]

"I hope you're right, kid. I'm going to miss ya' if you're not." The weight seemed to disappear for a moment, immediately returning for a quick warning: "Incoming strafe."

Dodging left for a second, you hear the propeller and machine guns of another plane whizz pass-by before a large explosion below the two of you. You flipped a switch to let the gears down as well as the flaps, decreasing the throttle as you passed the concrete fence.

Slowly, slowly, slowly. That was all you could think of as you neared the asphalt road until Lucy fiercely shook in the result of turbulence. It was now up to the brakes to sort the ordeal.

Tires screeched as they attempted to halt the plane, the propeller being dead quiet. You swerve left and right in an attempt to kill the momentum until suddenly, Lucy stopped to a halt.

You feel lips kissing the side of your temple with Lucy still not letting go. Not that you minded of course, all you could do was breathe a sigh of relief.

"See? Told you that I co-" Those were your last words.

Blackness overcame you as your brains theoretically were splattered all over the cockpit. This was of course, temporary as you 'respawned' on the tarmac with a tow truck coming at you in the distance. Researcher Carpenter being in the passenger seat, hopping off of the vehicle when it was reversing.

"Conner, how did the flight go."

You thought about it for a few seconds thinking a response.

"...Liberating until those Germans came around."

"Germans?"

"Yeah, two propellers, machine guns, and a scary-looking cross on their wings. You wouldn't know anything about them, would you?" You looked up at 'Lucky Lucy' with the woman herself seemingly shocked as she looked down upon you from the cockpit.

"Let's discuss this later. Why don't you get in the truck and we'll interview you." He turned to the vehicle again, and you turned to the plane again to see Lucy standing on her own right wing, reaching to some tally marks and removing one. Finally, she gestured for you to keep quiet, and you had no reason to argue and made your way to the tow.

TO: O5 Council.

With the recent testing of D- ████ , also referred to as Conner, with SCP-1759 and subsequent termination of Conner due to interaction with SCP-1759-2, subject shows no sign of hostility or aggression towards Foundation personnel unlike previous behaviors displayed by former subjects performing experiments conducted by Dr. Silver.

SCP-1759 also has shown possible intimate feelings or possession of Conner, evident by the disappearance of a tally mark on its right side that should've appeared after the termination of the D-Class personnel by aforementioned SCP-1759-2. The hidden recording log of the conversation between Conner and possibly SCP-1759 should also be taken into consideration as the former's life story was shared with an audible voice.

Whatever they talked about, it's personal. As such, If Conner and SCP-1759 should ever be tested with each other again, I can predict and assure you that things will become much more intimate and/or revealing. What these results may be I cannot tell, but we do not have much to lose. Not with our undying D-Class.

~Senior Researcher Carpenter.

End log

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)