More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by SonofOsman SonofOsman

Select your prince!

Ridley

You've selected Ridley of the Wind Kingdom.

-Profiles-

Ridley: Stands at 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs in at 137 pounds, a bit lanky but still has a good amount of muscle tone like the other princes. He has short, neck-length brown hair and brown eyes. He wears thin, dark green robes of his discipline, with brown leather leggings and boots for warmth, while wearing a thin silver circlet in lieu of the floppy hat.

Asuka: Stands at 5 feet 4 inches tall, and weighs in at 110 pounds of lean muscle. Has slightly long pink hair that she keeps wrapped in a back bun and green eyes. Wears a skintight, all-covering green shōzoku, with no man still alive having seen any more then her eye slit. Bust size is B.

Eleanor: Stands at 5 feet 2 inches, and weighs in at 110 pounds. Has shoulder-length, curly blue hair and green eyes. She wears a purple slit dress that barely avoids touching the floor, with white images of the monsters she'd learned from stitched in white across it. Bust size is D.

Phoebe: Stands at 5 feet 4 inches, and weighs in at 110 pounds. Has long, light blond hair in twin circlets and wide green eyes. Wears a sleeveless orange and white patterned dress that comes down just below her knees, knee high white boots speckled with gold flakes, a variety of sparkling and loose-fitting jewelry and a pair of large shoulder pads with knobs and hooks for her 'little wooden friends'. Bust size is F.

With that said, welcome to the life of a prince!

--

The door to your room creeps open as a palace maid peaks inside, lightly ratting on the frame.

"My Lord?" she asked quietly, taking a few steps towards your bed where she can see you still bundled in your sheets. "It's already morning..." she began, only to stop and let out a shocked, girlish shriek as the sheets collapse to the floor at her touch, revealing they'd only been somewhat levitating beforehand.

You chuckled just loud enough so you can be heard above her breathing, stepping casually out of your closet. "He he...priceless."

You snickered to yourself as you gave the shocked servant and friendly pat on the back, sneaking a peek to watch her rising and falling chest as a little extra reward. Before she can gather the breath to respond, you quickly make yourself scarce: slipping your robe over yourself as you speed-walked through the halls. After all, that little trick had already put you behind schedule and you'd given pops...ahem...'His Majesty' your word that you wouldn't keep him waiting. Thankfully, by skipping the kitchen you manage to make it to the throne room just in time: King Amos sitting regally in his throne to meet you.

"Oh greatest of the great kings, a thousand thanks for taking the time to speak with one so lowly as I," you addressed him mockingly, giving a deep and overly sweeping bow to match. This stunt certainly cracked a smile on your mother's face...and would ordinarily get the same reaction out of the King, but he seemed unusually stoic this morning and just gave you a curt nod.

"This isn't the day for childish theatrics..." he answered solemnly, though you could see he was trying to keep his chuckles down. "Not on such an important day as this. Today, the laws of our land officially recognize you as a man fully grown, ready to take on the powers and responsibilities of our bloodline in protecting the land from the forces of Vice." He certainly sounded proud of that fact, taking your mother's hand and squeezing it tight as he looked down on you and smiled.

If only for a moment, you let the full weight of the moment settle on you...helping calm your mood and preventing you from ruining this touching moment. "Of course, father...though haven't I proven myself worthy already?" you asked politely.

Queen Stephanie nodded in affirmation. "Many times over, dear. And the time has come to put your talents in service Fortasia. I'm sure you remember back when you were a child, when your father left for all those months to wage war against the forces of the Seven Vices, together with the rules of the other three Kingdoms. And, just like our ancestors before us, he managed to drive evil back into the shadows. However...your father..." you could see the old man grit his teeth, looking away in frustration and clutching his elbow. "The old injuries are starting to catch up to him. It's time you take up the duty of adventuring, keeping order and suppressing the darkness that keeps trying to creep onto our lands."

You looked flabbergasted for a moment, barely believing it. "You're going to kick me out, just like that?" You ask. To that, King Amos shook his head, leaning a bit closer to his wife's throne and rubbing lovingly against her shoulder.

"We wouldn't dream of it. I'm a pious man...I obey the will of the gods just like anybody else." The confused look still on your face, he tries to explain. "The omens dictate, in the generation where all four of the Kingdoms all have their sons come of age at the same time, that the realm's most eligible young women are to be sent with them. To serve him, to protect him...and to prove which one of them is the most worthy to be the Wind Queen-in-Waiting." He waved over a trio of guardsmen; each decked in the lavender cloaks of the realm, to stand in a line: saluting are he points to them one at a time.

"The first of these men will bring you to meet with Asuka...a warrior of a special sort trained from birth in the far east of the realm. Kunoichi, I think they call themselves? The second will bring you to Eleanor, a blue mage specializing in the purifying the techniques of the Lust and Greed aligned monsters. And the third will take you to the tavern for your first drink..." He couldn't keep a straight face as he said this, resting his hand in Queen Stephanie's lap. "No...there you will meet Phoebe. She may seem like a wandering jester for amusing children and drunks, but she's a master of the ancient art of spirit-binding."

"Just remember, both you and fortune are doing them a favor here." Queen Stephanie reminded you, giggling at her husband's light teasing. "Its not everyday commoners get the chance to legitimately marry into the royal line. Don't be afraid to marry whichever one makes you truly happy."

You thump one of your fists against your chest proudly. "I'll do my best." Secretly though, a few less savory thoughts were already flowing through the back of your mind...even if you hadn't even seen these girls yet.

Doing an about-face, you spin to face the three guards your father had summoned; all staring at you and itching to receive their orders.

Where do you wish to go?

The Temple of the God of Whispering Winds, where Asuka is deep in meditation?
The Capital Menagerie, where Eleanor is studying a captured monster?
The Rusty Horseshoe Tavern, where Phoebe is preforming her afternoon show?
Or perhaps...?

Where should you go?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)