More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 3 by Anonegg Anonegg

What's next?

Recording 2 Broke Girls: Live

Kat leant against the familiar counter in Oleg's kitchen wearing the trademark mustard-yellow and red waitress uniform of Han's Diner. A few feet away Beth - who played Caroline - was doing a last minute read-through of the script, her nerves clearly on display. Surrounding them was the hustle and bustle of a busy set as the crew made their last minute adjustments. Jonathan - who played Oleg - approached Kat wearing one of Oleg's trademark tank tops and greasy jeans.

"Hey Kat," he said by way of greeting. "How you feeling?"

"A little nervous." she admitted. "I've never done a live show before."

"Ah, it'll be fine. The script pretty much writes itself these days - just call Han short, me gross and Caroline annoying and you'll get the laugh."

"I guess. I suppose it's easier for you, being a comedian and all."

"You'd think so." he said with a self-depreciating smile.

Their conversation was cut short as the director called the actors into their positions. Oleg retreated behind the kitchen wall, while Caroline handed over her script to one of the stage hands.

"You ready?" Kat asks.

"I guess so." Caroline replied.

"Ladies and gentlemen..." a voice boomed over the tannoy "Two Broke Girls... Live!"

Kat breathed in nervously as the familiar guitar-riff of their theme tune blared throughout the studio. She smoothed down her outfit, made some unnecessary adjustments to the bangles on her wrist and waited for the song to finish. Once it did, Caroline stepped through the door and into Han's Diner, Kat following close behind.

As soon as she set foot through the door, Kat felt something was wrong. Her heavyweight bra - designed to keep her ample 34DD's from bouncing too heavily on screen - suddenly didn't feel like it was there. Her immediate thought was that the elastic had snapped - "Just typical! Only on live TV!" she thought to herself - but her feet suddenly felt the cold concrete of the set instead of the warm smoothness of her shoes. There was a gasp from off-stage.

She looked down.

It was probably her stage training that prevented her from screaming; she knew never to make loud noises during the middle of a recording. She quickly covered herself with her hands and looked up, just as the camera turned towards her. The fake counter hid some of her nudity, but to the camera she would most definitely be topless. There was a much louder, collective gasp this time. Caroline, thinking quickly, placed herself between Kat and the camera.

"Ka- I mean, Max, what are you doing?" she demanded.

"Umm..." Kat said, staring dumbly at the camera. Thinking quickly, she said "Well, uh, you said to, uh, to put my cupcakes on display for the customers. I guess I mis-understood what you meant?"

"Woah." said a man's voice behind her. Oleg. She half-turned to see him leaning out of the kitchen through the serving window. "Max, table seventeen said they DIDN'T want buns with their burger!"

Canned laughter. Kat a smile, and managed to say "I'll, uh, go get dressed." before turning and darting back through the door.

"What the hell was that?" Oleg demanded in a harsh whisper as the action began anew in the diner. "Is this some sort of publicity bullshit?"

"I don't know what happened!" Kat hissed back. "I just stepped out and... thank god!"

One of the stage hands - a woman - appeared with a black t-shirt and jeans that Kat was going to wear for a later scene. Turning her back to Oleg, she slid the t-shirt over her head.

The stage hand and Oleg gasped as it disappeared instantaneously.

"What the hell?" Kat demanded loudly.

"Everything okay in there Max?" Caroline called out.

"Fine!" Oleg shouted back as Kat desperately tried to slip into her jeans. "Max just... found my camera, is all."

The jeans disappeared as soon as they were past her knees.

"What in the hell is this?" Kat demanded as panic began to grip her. "Why can't I get dressed?"

"Oh my god," the stagehand whispered. "I'd better go tell the director."

The woman dashed away, leaving her alone with the actor who played Oleg. He was clearly struggling not to admire her nude form. "I'll... go and improvise." he said. "Buy you some time."

Oleg exited the kitchen, leaving Kat all alone. She covered herself as best she could with her hands as the stage hand returned.

"Kat," the woman said. "The director said..."

What did he say?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)