More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 2 by RegressionSchool RegressionSchool

Who do you want to follow?

Rebecca (disown)

In the tidy, sunlit living room of the Anderson family, tension hung in the air. The atmosphere was fraught with anticipation as Rebecca, a determined 18-year-old, held the unopened envelope in trembling hands. Her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Anderson, sat on the elegant couch, their expressions a mix of hope and apprehension.

With a deep breath, Rebecca tore open the envelope, her heart pounding. She scanned the contents, her face falling as the reality set in. She had failed the BAM Test.

A heavy silence settled over the room before Rebecca let out a choked sob. Her parents exchanged a worried glance, their disappointment palpable. Mr. Anderson, a stern man with a commanding presence, spoke first. "Rebecca, we were counting on you. This is a major setback."

Rebecca's tears flowed freely now, her voice trembling as she tried to explain. "I... I tried my best. I thought I was ready."

But her mother's voice, usually soft and comforting, held a steely edge. "Rebecca, we invested so much in your education. This is not just a personal failure, but an embarrassment to our family."

Rebecca's heart sank further. She had always felt the weight of her parents' expectations, but now it seemed unbearable. "I'm so sorry," she managed to whisper, her voice breaking.

Mrs. Anderson, her disappointment turning to anger, stood up abruptly. "I can't believe we raised a child who would let us down like this. You had every opportunity, and you squandered it."

Mr. Anderson's face was a mask of disappointment as he added, "We won't spend the rest of our lives tending to a child who couldn't be bothered to study."

Rebecca's sobs grew louder, her entire body trembling with the weight of their words. "Please... I'll find a way to make this right. I promise."

But her pleas fell on deaf ears. Her parents had made up their minds. They couldn't bear the thought of their daughter regressing, of starting over from infancy. In their eyes, it was a mark of shame they couldn't bear.

As they turned their backs on Rebecca, leaving her alone in the living room, she felt a profound sense of loss. She was now facing an uncertain future without the support of her family.

What's next?

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)