More fun
Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)

Chapter 4 by LunaCee LunaCee

Does she find something in the jungle, or does something find her?

Random Encounter

She slowed to a crawl as she approached a rather wide clearing, a short stretch of beach straddling a great river. Nothing appeared to be there, but she wasn't sure she could trust her sense of sight alone on this island. Coming to a halt, she strained her ears to listen.

The same sounds she had been hearing since she awoke met her first: the calls of unseen birds; the gentle rustling of the canopy in the breeze; the distant roars and cries of what must have been various not-so-extinct beasts; the occasional, earth-rumbling thunder of sauropods on the move...

Nothing unusual-- for this place, at least. That was more nerve-wracking than if she had heard something. Either nothing was around, or something was perfectly still, waiting for her.

Taking a deep breath, she dared to step from the cover of the ground foliage, barely managing to put one foot even partially in front of the other. She halted immediately at the sound of something moving in the water. Something was moving in there. Something big.

She would have let out an ear-piercing scream that would have echoed around the entire island had her breath not caught in her throat. The long, sharp-toothed jaws parted slightly, allowing the small crocodile to slide down the gullet beyond, the fallen predator causing a slight bulge to repeat in the throat as it was swallowed down. The sound which followed was a strange mixture of a low growl at the level of white noise and a hissing much like the creature now resting in its stomach. The shadow cast by the large sail made her feel like an idiot for not noticing any part of it sticking out of the water.

She trembled as she felt the gaze of the 12.6 meter (41 foot), at least 7 tonne Spinosaurus which had just emerged from its natural hunting ground. She felt her breath halt as she prayed the theories about it not being too fond of hunting on land would prove true-- if there was that large of a crocodile in there just moments earlier, there must have been plenty of food in the river to sate the monster.

The sun would have illuminated her properly for the first time since she boarded the biplane had it not been for the return of the great shadow cast by the Quetzy from before. She swallowed hard-- that flying reptile was proving to be an ill omen for her.

Incredible muscles took the full weight of the Spinosaurus as it rose to its hind legs. The ground trembled somewhat as the monstrous creature moved to the shore, gaze locked on the bedraggled, stranded, helpless foreign creature frozen in fear at the edge of the brush.

Suddenly, something that stunned her even more than an actual island populated by actual fucking dinosaurs leapt to her defense.

A loud cry in a harsh, gruff, yet clearly female voice erupted from above, accompanied by a screech somewhere between a bird of prey and the high-pitched near-whistling of an albatross. What could only have been an arrow shot towards the semi-amphibious predator, causing it to cry out in alarm, backing away from the stranded woman. She stared with wide eyes as the Quetzy dived downwards, finally seeing the figure riding on its back like it was a fucking warhorse.

The woman's deep brown skin and long black hair stood out starkly against the bright azure sky, her braid flying out behind her. The longer the survivor watched, the clearer it became that her savior was aiming to kill. The Spino attempted to disappear into the river, but that didn't deter the huntress. With a final shout, she launched from her Quetzy's back with a rope tied around them both, driving a savage-looking spear into the monstrous predator's back. As the unintentional visitor watched, the huntress tore the rope from her waist and secured it around the writhing Spino's neck. She shouted something completely foreign to the survivor's ears, and the enormous creature above began to pull, using it's enormous, membranous wings to propel its body in the opposite direction of the current and towards the shore. Slowly but surely, the huntress neared the stranger, a questioning, cautious gaze locked on the unknown woman as she leaned against her spear, her weight ensuring it was well and truly deep between her prey's ribs.

By the time they reached the sand, it was clear the Spino's writhing against the rope had at some point broken its neck. The huntress leapt down, displaying incredible strength by assisting the powerful flying reptile in dragging the enormous catch out of the rushing water. Once it was safe from being washed away, the huntress shouted something else into the air. The Quetzy... _her _Quetzy... ceased its efforts on the rope, circling around to land on the shore beside their prize.

Finally, the huntress turned her attention on the mystery woman.

The survivor trembled fiercely, staring at the amazonian of a woman approaching her, meeting the tribal hunter's confident stature by cringing away in fear. She couldn't feel her legs, honestly surprised they were managing to hold her upright.

"Tak chilya j'ko?" she barked demandingly in a tongue completely foreign to the survivor. "Tachayzu j'koil ayilzdya?" There was silence for a few seconds as the foreigner tried to find her voice, the warrior stopping to tower over her about a foot away, glare trained on her eyes.

"U-um..." the survivor final managed to blurt out, her throat feeling rough, dry, and sealed tight. She swallowed, trying to herself to speak. "I-I'm... E-Evie... H-have you... seen anyone dressed like me...?"

The wild woman merely stared, expression breaking only as she raised an eyebrow questioningly. Clearly, this native didn't understand her language, either. A pensive look crossed her features, and the woman seemed to make a decision.

"Ekrya tzaya rya." With that, she turned, walking towards the fallen Spino. Confused, Evie remained where she stood, stock still. The huntress looked back after a moment, letting out a growl as she saw the stranded survivor where she had left her. Evie let out an involuntary cry of surprise as the savage returned, grasping her wrist harshly before pulling her towards the Quetzy. Before the foreigner could react, the huntress already had out another, shorter length of rope and had almost finished tying her solidly to the flying reptile steed.

Once she was done, the huntress stood, unleashing a loud whistle into the jungle. Evie tried to struggle, but her bonds were so tight, she couldn't even wriggle. She wasn't certain if she was surprised or not to see three more Quetzalcoatlus flying towards them, each with its own rider who dropped another secured rope towards the catch.

The huntress quickly had the Spino securely tied with each steed's rope and was climbing into her primitive saddle on her Quetzy. The feeling of being tied with her stomach against something suddenly taking off into the air felt strange to Evie. Being to stare at the ground and dangling dinosaur below as the huntress rose to the same altitude as her clan mates (what else could they have been?) sent a rush of blood to the foreigner's head, the resulting vertigo making her feel like she would throw up.

Without another word, the huntress and her companions set off, both of her catches in tow.

(I can't tell you how tempted I was to pull a super-lesbian Starfire and make lesbian sex how they learn languages [instead of kissing]... ^^")

(Yes, I did make up a language of sorts. No, I don't have much of a life...)

Talk about a successful hunt.

Want to support CHYOA?
Disable your Ad Blocker! Thanks :)